Future TV shows from Marvel?

It never will.

Protecting loved ones from harm by the villains they've amassed (by disguising themselves) is something that is everlasting

Nice to see so many here has interest in a DD show. Lets just hope Marvel realize the potential they have with him.

Except that with today's technology and resources, keeping a secret identity is quite hard. My problem with secret identities is that often times, characters have to be depicted as clueless idiots in order to make them work. I'm sorry, but I will NEVER buy that a pair of glasses, a suit, and a comb over can disguise Superman, especially since he works at one of the most prestigious NEWSPAPERS in the country. Batman's identity is obvious if you think about it for more than two seconds, etc. Characters shouldn't be portrayed as stupid and clueless just so your hero can have a secret ID. Either find another way to do it, or don't have them at all.

Except that with today's technology and resources, keeping a secret identity is quite hard. My problem with secret identities is that often times, characters have to be depicted as clueless idiots in order to make them work. I'm sorry, but I will NEVER buy that a pair of glasses, a suit, and a comb over can disguise Superman, especially since he works at one of the most prestigious NEWSPAPERS in the country. Batman's identity is obvious if you think about it for more than two seconds, etc. Characters shouldn't be portrayed as stupid and clueless just so your hero can have a secret ID. Either find another way to do it, or don't have them at all.

Superman is pretty much the worst example though :funny:

Having loved ones figure it out is fine, like that scene in Green Lantern. But the public shouldn't know

Last edited:
Funny how they dropped one power he had during the Golden age that would certainly make more sence than than ever, that he could manipulate the muscles of his face and therefore have a different appearance.

"Man without Fear"-- Matt Murdock's college years.

"Sons of the Tiger"-- martial arts instructors fight street crime.

Not to beat a dead horse... but Daredevil. Absolutely perfect for television. With a power set easily accomplished within a TV budget, I'd much prefer to see him on-screen this way. We could get hours and hours of material, far surpassing anything a film could achieve (and he could still make the jump to the big screen).

My reason for preferring DD on the big screen is two fold.

1.It'll likely be watered down.Think of Arrow.70% CW soap/30% SH actioner.
In the same way,It'll likely be 70% courtroom drama/30% SH Actioner.
I'd rather a full blown 2+ hrs epic feature that will be well balanced.

2.There really isn't a wealth of characters left that can carry a solo film,(let alone a franchise).Apart from Dr Strange (Of whom,I was never really a fan,but I look forward to seeing what they can do with him) none of the other contenders sound too exciting.

Granted I'll go see GOTG,Black Panther,Ms/Captain Marvel/Inhumans,and probably enjoy them.But there is really nobody left that I can truly say I'd get excited over.Daredevil would be the only one.(That Marvel has right now)

Daredevil has to happen. I don't see how it hasn't already. They don't even have to make it tie into the movies if they don't want to - the character was practically made to be adapted on the small screen!

He can take out both of them single handedly in combat and then help them adjust their fighting styles in order to fare better in future altercations

I can get behind most of what you are saying, but not this. Daredevil is good, but he really shouldn't have any business fighting a Luke Cage or a Danny Rand, let alone beating them.

Daredevil has to happen. I don't see how it hasn't already. They don't even have to make it tie into the movies if they don't want to - the character was practically made to be adapted on the small screen!

Marvel has only had Daredevil's rights back for a year -- it'll be one year even on October 10th. They're probably still assessing where he belongs in their film/tv universe.

As for secret identities, I can get behind the idea of Superman's being ineffective, but Batman? No. Maybe his mask wouldn't provide enough protection against advanced facial recognition, but his identity is *not* "obvious to anyone who thinks about it for two seconds." Its only obvious to you because *you already know the answer*.

No, it is obvious. Bruce Wayne sees his parents murdered in front of him at age 8, there's your motive. He then disappears from Gotham, no one knows where he went or what he did for over a decade. Then, he just shows back up in Gotham one day with little explanation. Not long after, a mysterious vigilante appears using technology and equipment that extremely advanced and must be extremely expensive. That eliminates 99.5% of the potential suspects, they simple don't have the resources to do this. You know who does, a billionaire who just came back to the city after dropping off the face of the Earth for a decade. Sorry, but IT'S OBVIOUS.

My reason for preferring DD on the big screen is two fold.

1.It'll likely be watered down.Think of Arrow.70% CW soap/30% SH actioner.
In the same way,It'll likely be 70% courtroom drama/30% SH Actioner.
I'd rather a full blown 2+ hrs epic feature that will be well balanced.

2.There really isn't a wealth of characters left that can carry a solo film,(let alone a franchise).Apart from Dr Strange (Of whom,I was never really a fan,but I look forward to seeing what they can do with him) none of the other contenders sound too exciting.

Granted I'll go see GOTG,Black Panther,Ms/Captain Marvel/Inhumans,and probably enjoy them.But there is really nobody left that I can truly say I'd get excited over.Daredevil would be the only one.(That Marvel has right now)
Arrow is NOT 70% soap opera, not even close.

I can get behind most of what you are saying, but not this. Daredevil is good, but he really shouldn't have any business fighting a Luke Cage or a Danny Rand, let alone beating them.

I think it would be great to show how much the new heroes need to learn and to establish DD's rep in the MCU. I think Daredevil would work wonderfully as a Batman-type of vigilante all other street level heroes look up to.

Last edited:
No, it is obvious. Bruce Wayne sees his parents murdered in front of him at age 8, there's your motive. He then disappears from Gotham, no one knows where he went or what he did for over a decade. Then, he just shows back up in Gotham one day with little explanation. Not long after, a mysterious vigilante appears using technology and equipment that extremely advanced and must be extremely expensive. That eliminates 99.5% of the potential suspects, they simple don't have the resources to do this. You know who does, a billionaire who just came back to the city after dropping off the face of the Earth for a decade. Sorry, but IT'S OBVIOUS.

Wasn't that Sarah Essen's logic in Year One?

Alright Marvel, it's time to step it up. DC's got Flash, Gotham, Constantine, and maybe Booster Gold all coming down the pipe within the next two years. You've got Agents of SHIELD and maybe Agent Carter, but it's time to get a superhero show on TV too. Daredevil PLEASE. Like seriously, who at Marvel isn't seeing that Daredevil is perfect for TV?? Really hope we get that before Cloak and Dagger and whatever else they've got in development.

It's sad people have lost respect for the secret identity.

It's a key part of superhero culture
Marvel abandoned the secret identity thing with the exception of a select few characters a long time ago.

I love how you act as if writers somehow never addressed that. They addressed all of that in Year One and in many stories since then. In Year One, the GCPD suspected Bruce but their theory fell flat due to everything Bruce planned out ahead of time (alibis, the playboy act, etc.).

Alright Marvel, it's time to step it up. DC's got Flash, Gotham, Constantine, and maybe Booster Gold all coming down the pipe within the next two years. You've got Agents of SHIELD and maybe Agent Carter, but it's time to get a superhero show on TV too. Daredevil PLEASE. Like seriously, who at Marvel isn't seeing that Daredevil is perfect for TV?? Really hope we get that before Cloak and Dagger and whatever else they've got in development.

I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't expect any new TV shows announced until Agents of SHIELD has solidified itself as a series and has a couple of seasons in. And i can't say i blame them. Its a pretty intricate universe they've built and they probably don't want to spread themselves too thin. Its easy to forget that despite all their crazy success, they're still a pretty small studio.

...except there's already news about Marvel developing an Agent Carter show and several others. They're not going to wait for SHIELD to be several seasons in (i.e. not making a new show for 3 or more years) just to make a new show. Expect to hear more news about the Agent Carter spin-off going forward for a Fall 2014 premiere around November-December if the good ratings hold up and more TV shows shortly thereafter.

And Marvel Studios aren't making these shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"