Future TV shows from Marvel?

Besides, there was a good 20 to 25 years where everything in the movies and TV were Westerns. Plenty of time before oversaturation sets in. In the meantime, we'll get our Gunsmoke or Bonanza.....with capes.

Oversaturation is a real concern, it just hasn't happened yet. It's part of the reason why Marvel Studios is wise to keep it at two movies a year. After the success of Avengers, they could have turned it up, but there's a balance in the market they should definitely keep.

Oversaturation is a real concern, it just hasn't happened yet. It's part of the reason why Marvel Studios is wise to keep it at two movies a year. After the success of Avengers, they could have turned it up, but there's a balance in the market they should definitely keep.

I also think moving their films out of summer is a great idea to.I super happy about this news.DD Iron Fist And Luke cage! Hot diggity damn that's great news:woot:These guys are some of my favorites.I'm not to familiar with Jessica Jones so I can't wait to see what they do with it. As far as Agents of SHIELD. I like the show alot not love. Like.But it's been getting better every episode.It's in the same boat Arrow was in and now that show's pretty awesome.I have never seen a show given less of a chance then this.I'm sure as the show grows. Like you know, shows do. It's going to be better. I think it will be given a chance by ABC.I mean what they hell else are they going to replace it with at this point.Now I'm off to play with my brave little helper monkey.

I'm really interesting about these shows for Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. But Jessica Jones? could they just replace her with Spider-Woman or Ghost Rider or Punisher?

And I really hope they don't forward with another TV show like Agents of Shield.

Last edited:
Edit: I was wrong, sorry about that, JJ. They are launching in 2016.

Pretty sure Iger either misspoke, or was misquoted. The press release very definitely says 2015, and I don't think there's a chance in hell that the PR department is going to issue an official press release for public (and shareholder) consumption with inaccurate information and wrong dates.

Pretty sure Iger either misspoke, or was misquoted. The press release very definitely says 2015, and I don't think there's a chance in hell that the PR department is going to issue an official press release for public (and shareholder) consumption with inaccurate information and wrong dates.

I hope to God that you're right. Kinda saddened me when I read it, to be honest.

I'm really interesting about these shows for Deadpool, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. But Jessica Jones? could they just replace her with Spider-Woman or Ghost Rider or Punisher?

And I really hope they don't forward with another TV show like Agents of Shield.
Excuse me? Jessica Jones had a bunch of aclaimed comics to take from, there's much potencial to not turn it into Agents of SHIELD unless they decide to completelly change the tone and plot. I also wanted Punisher, but i don't want to lose this show, it's also the one which is possibly the best planed since they had pitched it to ABC before.

I'm really interesting about these shows for Deadpool, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. But Jessica Jones? could they just replace her with Spider-Woman or Ghost Rider or Punisher?

I would be pretty interested in that as well but that's not on the table right now :oldrazz:

But Jessica Jones? could they just replace her with Spider-Woman or Ghost Rider or Punisher?.

Nevermind everything else. . . why would you even think for a moment to suggest Ghost Rider? Ghost Rider is a CGI heavy nightmare for a TV show.

Jessica Jones is perfect for TV. Just read Alias.

My concern is Luke Cage. His best stuff is when he's playing off of others like Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, and his leadership roles in Heroes for Hire and recent Avengers comics. His solo stuff has never been that compelling and he's not really known for it.

I'm really interested in how they'll approach Daredevil. Will they take inspiration from Miller, Bendis, Brubaker, or Waid? Or a combination of all of them? I guess it would be tricky to do Bendis because his run is about Matt dealing with his secret identity being outed, and for that to mean anything Daredevil needs to be an established hero. hey could maybe transition into a Bendis inspired season later on.

Jessica Jones is interesting precisely because she NOT a traditional superhero. She tried to be, but she was young an inexperienced and it ended REALLY BADLY for her. She's screwed up, both by that experience and by other things that have happened. I wonder if they will keep the whole Purple Man thing for the show? It's REALLY disturbing, but also kind of important to her character.

I wonder if they'll do that scene with Luke Cage from the first issue of Alias..lol.

Well, Netflix is trying to be more like HBO, so we'll see.

Which actors would you guys like to see as the main characters? (Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Daredevil)

Also, who do you think will be in the Defenders mini series? Just the 4 mentioned above, or more?

Well, my ideal choices are probably not going to get the roles, but here they are:
Luke Cage-Michael Jai White or Terry Crews.
Daredevil-Guy Pearce.
Iron Fist-this one is tricky, I'm actually not sure.
Jessica Jones-Rachel Weisz.

If these work, Punisher and Runaways should be next. Also, Black Widow if it isn't a feature length movie.

Luke Cage-Michael Jai White

I can't believe I forgot about him. He is, on several levels, ideal. He's big, can get bigger, he's a genre-loving guy and his physicality and athleticism is dang impressive. It'll be fun to see Iron Fist "teach" him some basic martial arts. He can pull of that Luke Cage sized personality, I think, and really just relish it. I'd love to see that.

Well, my ideal choices are probably not going to get the roles, but here they are:
Luke Cage-Michael Jai White or Terry Crews.
Daredevil-Guy Pearce.
Iron Fist-this one is tricky, I'm actually not sure.
Jessica Jones-Rachel Weisz.

Guy Pearce is already Aldrich Killian so he won't even be considered for DD.

Luke Cage- Henry Simmons- he was on NYPD blue..big and pretty charismatic. He's also about 6-5.
Henry-Simmons-Man-Up.jpg

Iron Fist- Scott Adkins..terrific martial artist and has grown into a very solid actor. I caught a preview of his new movie Shadow of a tear and its a crazy good martial arts flick.
3192819-7879717959-30690.jpg

Daredevil: Joel Kinnaman..got the looks, got the intensity. Did great work on The Killing
rs_634x1024-130906135607-634..Joel-Kinnaman.ls.9613_copy.jpg

Jessica Jones: Ali Larter.. i just dig her..lol
ali-larter-image-864e0.jpg

Ali Larter... ugh. Terrible on Heroes.

DD - Michael C Hall, Joel Kinnaman
Iron Fist - Cam Gigandet, Scott Adkins
Luke Cage - Dwayne Johnson, Terry Crews
Jessica Jones - Paula Patton

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"