Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christopher Eccleston is Stannis?
eccleston.jpg

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/953490/game_of_thrones_season_2_casting_underway.html

Lots of smoke regarding Christopher Eccelston is joining Game of Thrones in google

heck I was most excited to read this

The first major announcement is that the lovely Natalie Dormer, who played Anne Boleyn in Showtime's The Tudors and who'll appear next in Captain America: The First Avenger, has been added to the regular cast as Margaery Tyrell. For those of you who've not read the books, Margaery's introduced in the second instalment, A Clash Of Kings, and plays a role alongside those struggling to acquire or keep the Iron Throne.

Natalie Dormier :hrt::hrt::hrt::heart:

I got your Stannis right here;

Patrick+Warburton.jpg

Nah. But Chris isn't right either. Patrick has the Baratheon traits, big of body, square of jaw, jet black hair. But his eyes don't have it, Stannis has a bit of cruelty to him in his eyes.

I got your Stannis right here;

Patrick+Warburton.jpg

He may have the physical characteristics, but it's hard to not think of as David Puddy. It'd be like having Larry David play Maester Luwin.

it's hard not to think of his epicness as Brock Samson

Richard Madden's new show (over here in the UK) had a scene of him tied up, naked. Couldn't quite get my head around seeing Robb Stark like that. haha

Eccleston has the right gaze, but he's a bit too scrawny and gangly to pull off Stannis Baratheon. They could have him bulk up, but it doesn't necessarily work for all body types.

He'll say to Melisandre: I've got to get changed. I'll come back. We'll make out.

So, Natalie Dormer....

Natalie-Dormer-Feet-64190.jpg

0000047413_20080318122616.jpg

tudor_wideweb__470x319,0.jpg

natalie-dormer-in-una-scena-di-the-tudors-61688.jpg

natalie-dormer-natalie-dormer-7811304-550-760.jpg

....one of my favorite parts of one of my favorite shows (The Tudors) is going to be in GOT? As if I needed another reason to watch.

From hence forth when you read the books you'll forever hear Patrick Warburton as the voice of Stannis.

And it will be glorious.

We can still discuss it here. Especially since there hasn't been much else to talk about other than book spoilers and possible actors for other characters.

I hope the DVDs have some good extras. This is a very rare case where I'm eager to get the DVDs so shortly after the season ended.

I just hope all the episodes have extended scenes and scenes that were cut edited back in. That would be sweet.

I'm surprised at the pace I'm reading the first book. I'm usually a pretty slow reader and usually can't read for too long (my lousy attention span and the position i read books), but that's not been the case. Seeing the show first makes it more enjoyable, it's easier to picture it in my mind as I read it and the parts left out is almost like seeing a director's cut of the series.

One question I had for those who red, in the show, Cersei comes to see Catelyn in Bran's room and mentions she lost a black-haired boy that looked like Bran. This doesn't happen in the book, but did Cersei lose a child (I assume her first [blackout]and only one[/blackout] with Robert)?

I was out of the country the last week, so did not see the season finale until tonight on DVR.

That was freaking great. I know people have moved on to talk about the books, but I am still savoring how epic that was. Every storyline had me craving more. Jon Snow is (FINALLY) going north of the wall to hunt Whitewalkers? Rob Stark is now King of the North? Tyrion is Hand of the King? And the freaking dragons? I was floored by the final scene. Now that is how you do a season finale (hinthint Borgias, Killing, True Blood and Glee for that matter).

Lastly, could someone kill Joffrey already? Preferably Arya stabbing him with her little sword, her lost dire wolf biting his royal jewels away and then Sansa delivering the final blow with Ice and removing his bratty, sadistic and monstrous little head. Too Hollywood? I don't care, I want to see the Starks, especially the daughters, have their revenge on that little bastard. Strangely, as much as I hate Jaimie Lannister, his blunt honesty with Lady Stark made me not as thirsty to see her bring justice on him. Though I still hope it happens, as only Tyrion is worthy of surviving the Starks's wrath, in my opinion.

Cannot wait for season 2. I also hope winter finally comes after all the hyping these characters have had about it all season. A lot of build up that didn't have anything this year.
Apparently, in the books
Joffrey is poisoned by Littlefinger.

Richard Madden's new show (over here in the UK) had a scene of him tied up, naked. Couldn't quite get my head around seeing Robb Stark like that. haha
I didn't even know he was Scottish. He does a very good Northern English accent in Game Of Thrones.
Stannis isn't that much younger than Robert, I don't think
In which case how about Vincent Regan from Troy, 300, Clash Of The Titans and Camelot.

692hpc.gif

2vcgwvo.png

I'm surprised at the pace I'm reading the first book. I'm usually a pretty slow reader and usually can't read for too long (my lousy attention span and the position i read books), but that's not been the case. Seeing the show first makes it more enjoyable, it's easier to picture it in my mind as I read it and the parts left out is almost like seeing a director's cut of the series.

One question I had for those who red, in the show, Cersei comes to see Catelyn in Bran's room and mentions she lost a black-haired boy that looked like Bran. This doesn't happen in the book, but did Cersei lose a child (I assume her first [blackout]and only one[/blackout] with Robert)?

Well the answer to that is kind of a spoiler from book 4 so if you want to know I'll tell you. Otherwise don't click the spoiler.

No. That was a change from the book to the show. She aborted every baby Robert ever "got on her". So either the show Cersei killed that baby that she had from Robert or they've changed her character traits from the books a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"