Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joffrey is like a bad Roman Emperor. It's not going to end well for anyone, including himself.

Though I would agree that pissing off Tywin is a quick way to mark the reign of Tommen I.

That is an excellent comparison. Nero comes to mind. Total lunatic.

I'm surprised they haven't had him order gladiator fights yet, really.

Well, the season is still young.

Last season they had him mess up the ****e and I wonder what this season's depraved joffrey moment will be? I can't recall anything specific from the book.

Last season they had him mess up the ****e and I wonder what this season's depraved joffrey moment will be? I can't recall anything specific from the book.

raping a crossbow?

He's going hunting so I bet he does something sick with an animal.

Him and Margery make love in the blood of the animal.

He makes her ******e the boar he kills. :o

He makes her ******e the boar he kills. :o

He probably will drink the blood, which is a real world tradition for the first kill of your first hunt. Some even eat the heart. Since they set up Margery asking to go then she will probably factor in.

Question: In the book the Tyrells try to act like Marg is a virgin which leads to issues down the line. I can't tell if they are doing the same in the show or not. Its very vague. In the show it seems Joff and everyone is fully aware she is no virgin or that her and Renly even tried to a degree. Her maidenhead is a big to do later on so I figured they would set it up.

Didn't the second season start off for a tournament in his name? One where the Hound killed a man.

Deaths in jousts weren't uncommon. Though that kind of counts, I guess. I noticed they left out the part where Tommen gets to joust, which I guess would have seemed kind of odd, tone wise (since it's pretty dark).

But I'm still waiting for Joffrey to go full Nero and start feeding people to lions.

I don't know if this was intentional by the show? but cross-bows in medieval times were considered the weapons of the lowlier types it was not considered an honorable weapon like the sword or even the longbow.

Especially for hunting where the spear was considered the more honorable weapon to use as most nobles used it. So i think it's interesting character reflections how king robert used a spear to hunt but joffrey chooses to use a cross-bow.

They don't really consider crossbows honorable weapons in Westeros either, but then again there aren't many honorable people in Westeros.

Yeah i remember there was something about that last season? but anyways Joffrey favoring a crossbow really does fit his character, cross-bows especially by the english were seen as cowards weapons.

Samwell Tarly - classy.

wFijyf4.jpg

How old is Sophie Turner now? 18? In a couple of years she is going to be a stunner!

Maybe they'll go into it more in the next episode, but in the books you have the advantage of being inside Jaime's head. By the end of that fight, he is thoroughly impressed by Brienne. To the point where he even wonders what might happen if they were to meet at full strength.

Thanks, that sounds great, actually. Hope they talk about this sometime.

Are their editions of the books that don't have photos or words selling the show?

I hate covers to books like movie adaptions after the fact, etc.

I really want to get these, but don't want to buy the paperbacks at Target, B&N, etc... Sort of something like the Hobbit original cover or the 007 novels I have that depict a film noir pop art.

Are their editions of the books that don't have photos or words selling the show?

I hate covers to books like movie adaptions after the fact, etc.

I really want to get these, but don't want to buy the paperbacks at Target, B&N, etc... Sort of something like the Hobbit original cover or the 007 novels I have that depict a film noir pop art.

There's this. It's just the box they come in thathas Sean Bean and Emilia Clark on the sides. The books themselves have the original covers, they do mention the TV series though.
http://www.amazon.com/Books-Thrones...id=1365705008&sr=8-4&keywords=game+of+thrones

The covers look like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-...tmm_pap_title_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1365705163&sr=1-2

I don't know if it's changed since I bought mine 2 years ago. You can always get it on eBay to be sure.

Crossbows are sort of in an odd category. Their designs are sophisticated, but they're actually designed to be wielded by idiots, to save time on training and to make up for a lack of skill.

I don't recall seeing them ever used in combat in Westeros though.

And they don't seem to have even the most basic firearms technology.

Crossbows are sort of in an odd category. Their designs are sophisticated, but they're actually designed to be wielded by idiots, to save time on training and to make up for a lack of skill.

I don't recall seeing them ever used in combat in Westeros though.

And they don't seem to have even the most basic firearms technology.

It took Joffrey long enough to get his crossbow ready to fire. Anyone with a sword could get in and take care of the bowman. Judging from how Joffrey skulked in his carriage, I think the riot he caused in Season 2 curbed his viciousness.

Yeah, the crossbow is basically a conscript's weapon. You need a whole unit of crossbowmen firing their bolts all at once to get any combat value out of it. Not the weapon of choice if you're a metrosexual elf with long blonde hair, if you get my drift (then again medieval combat on TV and movies is very little like how it was done in real life).

But it's perfectly acceptable weapon for a sadistic deviant to point at his young fiancee's head in order to achieve stimulation.

Well to be fair, they do have one advantage. A crossbow can be left ready to fire. Having one next to your bed can be handy.

Well to be fair, they do have one advantage. A crossbow can be left ready to fire. Having one next to your bed can be handy.

Oh, don't I know it. That magical griffin (who had cleverly taken the form of my next door neighbour) didn't see it coming. Then BAM, 300 experience points!

Episodes 6-8 Synopsis (spoilers obviously)

Episode 3.06 – The Climb
Tywin plans strategic unions for the Lannisters. Melisandre pays a visit to the Riverlands. Robb weighs a compromise to repair his alliance with House Frey. Roose Bolton decides what to do with Jaime Lannister. Jon, Ygritte and the Wildlings face a daunting climb. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Alik Sakharov.)

Episode 3.07 – The Bear and the Maiden Fair
Dany exchanges gifts with a slave lord outside of Yunkai. As Sansa frets about her prospects, Shae chafes at Tyrion’s new situation. Tywin counsels the king, and Melisandre reveals a secret to Gendry. Brienne faces a formidable foe in Harrenhal. (Written by George R. R. Martin; directed by Michelle MacLaren.)

Episode 3.08 – Second Sons

King’s Landing hosts a wedding, and Tyrion and Sansa spend the night together. Dany meets the Titan’s Bastard. Davos demands proof from Melisandre. Sam and Gilly meet an older gentleman. (Written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss; directed by Michelle MacLaren.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"