Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I loved the Sansa/Margaery scene.

Margaery: *blathering on about the difficulties of pleasing women sexually*
Sansa: How do you know all this? Did your mother teach you?
Margaery: :dry: .... yes, my mother taught me.

I could practically hear the Sansa/Margaery shippers screaming during that scene. :hehe:

I could practically hear the Sansa/Margaery shippers screaming during that scene. :hehe:
people are actually shipping them? Good bc that makes me feel better about noticing something between them

tumblr_mmqmh6I5oT1som1e5o1_400.gif

Ramsay's trolling of theron reached new levels of evil. That horn lol.

Tywin showing who is the daddy in that Joffery scene was ace. Someone needs to give Charles Dance a damn award.

Jamie totally should of pushed locke in the bear pit.

Gendry finally finding out who his father is. Speaking of Gendry I watched Jason Statham cop movie Blitz the other night and the actor who plays Gendry got killed by the actor who plays Littlefinger.

I've never been able to feel sorry for Sansa. Someone that naive I just can't muster enough sympathy for.

Hearing a more heroic version of The Rains of Castamere was pretty boss.

Ramsay's trolling of theron reached new levels of evil. That horn lol.

Tywin showing who is the daddy in that Joffery scene was ace. Someone needs to give Charles Dance a damn award.

Jamie totally should of pushed locke in the bear pit.
LOL, I was expecting that myself. Probably just a Hannibal flashback, :p

The line from Robb's wife in this episode clears up the question of how much time has passed a bit. She says the war has been going on for two years, so I'd say it's been three years from the start of Season 1.

I'm quite interested to see where they'll go with Gendry, Robb's wife, Ygritte, and Shae. The show is playing around with those characters the most, compared to what's done in the books. Robb's wife in the show being the biggest departure. The show definitely seems to be starting to foreshadow events that have yet to happen in the books. ([blackout]Mainly in Gendry's case. I know they're giving him Edric Storm's storyline, but in doing that it makes it seem like Edric Storm, in the books, may end up having a more important role to play. Or Melisandre is just telling him things while still planning to burn him. It could be both, though.[/blackout])

I knew Arya was gonna get sidetracked. As soon as Thoros offered to take her back to Robb, I just knew it wasn't gonna be that simple.

But hey, last time Jojen scried Jon, he was on the wrong side of the wall. Now he's on the other side...so there's a chance that Bran and the Reeds could run into Jon and the gang, right? Right? Right?

Whatever. Once Ned died, I kinda gave up looking forward to anything good happening to anyone on this show.

Last edited:
Are there any characters that died already in the books but are still alive in the show (I haven't read the books yet)? Just curious.

I haven't read the books, but with Robb's current situation having his wife becoming pregnant is a surefire sign that he's a goner. They might as well have had him say he's three days from retirement. I'll be stunned if he survives this season.

Are there any characters that died already in the books but are still alive in the show (I haven't read the books yet)? Just curious.
I don't think so. :)

As I promised: My favorite moments of the new episode in screenshots that I tempered with (colors, sharpening):

Dinklage finally shows why he is a top actor in this season. Amazing acting with only eyes.
iba8hwZipJlDN4.jpg

Well...just an ultra cool dragon.
iT9ltoV7qqzgk.jpg

Great shot of the damage of Blackwater.
iSzymU8TJjhrF.jpg

An THE shot if the episode. Sums it up perfectly.
i4yyMCeXw7V6e.jpg

For real. It reminds me of that pic of the world's ugliest dog.

Drogon is NOT cute anymore!

maybe not that cute visually anymore, but I still adore them and their love for their mother. not to mention, now they look damn cool instead. :)

I love how we're all like "Poor Theon". If that same **** was happening to Joffrey, we'd all have massive grins on our faces.

I don't think so. :)

I'm curious though, cause I read an interview with Martin and he was talking about meeting the actors playing the parts vs writing the books and keeping focus. He mentioned that there's characters who died in the books that will stay alive in the show but didn't mention who. Could be a spoiler or maybe it's all semantics

They're changing too much from the books and it's really starting to piss me off.

Catelyn needs to chill out. The Freys are happy that they're getting the wedding and no delay will piss them off. Cat is the queen of overreacting. Seriously, man.

I have no problem with changes from the book. I just have a problem with what some of the changes have been. The one I really don't like is TBWOB selling off Gendry to Melisandre, but I'm willing to see where it goes. I just hope it has the same course of events as the plot its emulating with a different character.

Other than that, I don't care that the Reeds were introduced later or Robb marrying a different character.

Is it bad if I really, REALLY dislike Daenerys? I just can't stand her, ever since the second season. Every time an episode cuts to her and her story, I can't help but groan and lose interest.

Did anyone else wish Jaime pushed Locke into the bear pit?

Other than the scene with Theon where we see him tortured (for the 3rd straight week) and a stupidly force sex scene, it was pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbRpnn_myMM :woot:

I'm a bit conflicted about Jamie's character. One episode he reminds me of the guy I loved to hate in season 1, then the next he does something awesome like he did in this one. But I think I like where they're taking the character.

Tywin was a boss, as always. I must say, I really like Charles Dance's work in the role. Anybody else getting Count Dooku vibes from him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbRpnn_myMM :woot:

I'm a bit conflicted about Jamie's character. One episode he reminds me of the guy I loved to hate in season 1, then the next he does something awesome like he did in this one. But I think I like where they're taking the character.

Tywin was a boss, as always. I must say, I really like Charles Dance's work in the role. Anybody else getting Count Dooku vibes from him?

No, because unlike Count Dooku, Tywin doesn't completely f**king suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"