Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The scene with Tywin and Joffrey was great.

They put a lot of thought into these scenes. Little things like Tywin walking up to the throne so he can look down at Joffrey.

That was really awesome. I also loved how the Kingsguard stood at the entrance instead of proceeding with Tywin. Even they wouldn't try to stop him.

my friend who have read the books say robb's wife was not pregnant I wonder why they changed that In the show

Robb married a different woman in the book. But [blackout]there is speculation that she is pregnant. The evidence is pretty flimsy and I don't believe it myself.[/blackout]

Even Tyrion is grossed out at the idea of Sansa having to have sex with him. I'd say they're both calculating how much wine they'll need to make this marriage work.

Oh yeah, and Arya and [blackout]The Hound[/blackout], did not see that coming.

I was really hoping they would fix Dany's storyline in the show, but nope. She's still gonna get side tracked and destroy a continent's economy and way of life. She was incredibly stupid and arrogant tonight.

Freeing the slaves is all well and good, but freeing them all at once, threatening the city authority, and trying to feed thousands of former slaves all at once is just foolish. It takes time, planning , and patience, but instead she is going at it with a sledgehammer and a chainsaw.

It is good to see Jon Snow does exist. :D

I was really hoping they would fix Dany's storyline in the show, but nope. She's still gonna get side tracked and destroy a continent's economy and way of life. She was incredibly stupid and arrogant tonight.
I cringe when people think she is so cool.

To be fair, she needs to kill time to let her dragons grow. If she goes to Westeros now, they'll just be turned into crossbow pin cushions.

To be fair, she needs to kill time to let her dragons grow. If she goes to Westeros now, they'll just be turned into crossbow pin cushions.

I get that but there are better ways to do it.

Freeing the slaves is all well and good, but freeing them all at once, threatening the city authority, and ordering the authority to feed thousands of former slaves all at once is just foolish. It takes time, planning , and patience, but instead she is going at it with a sledgehammer and a chainsaw. She is acting like a bull in a china shop.

If the grain stock in Yunki (sp) is like ancient rome or any fortified city then it is delicate and can't just be opened up for thousands on a whim.

Last edited:
She is a queen with an army...few rulers in that world have patience...they command and it is carried out

Freeing the slaves is all well and good, but freeing them all at once, threatening the city authority, and trying to feed thousands of former slaves all at once is just foolish. It takes time, planning , and patience, but instead she is going at it with a sledgehammer and a chainsaw.

I have no problem with her freeing the slaves all at once. The only way to wash away such evil institutions is with a sledgehammer. However, you are right Martin's bigger mistake (book 5, ahem) will likely happen. Though that is not affected by her decisions this season, just rather bad writing down the road.

Yes, for our entertainment, I wish Dany would go to Westeros now. But from the POV of moral obligation, she is doing the right thing. However, Ned Stark can tell you all about that.

Would you tell Spartacus to be patient in his slave rebellion?

Last edited:
Anyway, this was an entirely awesome episode. That makes five great shows in a row. The bear scene is going to be another series highlight. I loved it.

Well, I wanted a Joffrey-Tywin scene, and they did deliver.

Though even characters in the show don't seem to get what the big deal about Sansa and Tyrion marrying is. They even point out that he's the Lannister who kept helping her out. The conflict seems a bit forced here.

Tyrion is a guy Sansa wants on her side, just not in her bed.

I get that but there are better ways to do it.

Freeing the slaves is all well and good, but freeing them all at once, threatening the city authority, and ordering the authority to feed thousands of former slaves all at once is just foolish. It takes time, planning , and patience, but instead she is going at it with a sledgehammer and a chainsaw. She is acting like a bull in a china shop.

If the grain stock in Yunki (sp) is like ancient rome or any fortified city then it is delicate and can't just be opened up for thousands on a whim.

She should go about it like Big Vic. "You are no longer slaves! You now have the honor of becoming thralls!"
:hehe:

Honestly, this was just an okay episode. A slower one, to be sure. There were some scenes that were much better than others compared to the past three weeks which had great scenes throughout.

Also, I was hoping that Jaime would toss Locke into the bear pit. :o

Did anyone else wish Jaime pushed Locke into the bear pit?

Oh, I was definitely going "Do it, Jamie! Throw him in!" :woot:

Theon was castrated in the books and that's what they did to him. Poor bastard.

The moment the two women came in I knew what body part Theon was going to lose next. :oldrazz: But I agree, this particular subplot is getting to be a superfluous.

The scene with Tywin and Joffrey was great.

They put a lot of thought into these scenes. Little things like Tywin walking up to the throne so he can look down at Joffrey.

That was a great scene. But as domineering as Tywin was, the irony is that Joffery has very right to be worried about Dany.

Well, the fact that she's decided to liberate the slaves IS a noble and just task on her part which I think a lot of the audience will sympathize with. But yeah, even though Jorah and Selmy aren't exactly saying it outright, they're definitely trying to hint to remind her of what her goal actually is. And based on how she treated the emissary from the Yunkai, you could tell that Dany is starting to let her previous victory at Astapor and bolstered confidence get to her head.

Last edited:
Though even characters in the show don't seem to get what the big deal about Sansa and Tyrion marrying is. They even point out that he's the Lannister who kept helping her out. The conflict seems a bit forced here.

Well, it is a conflict in the minds of Tyrion, Sansa and Shae. Tyrion because not only because Sansa's a child but that, in his experience, the only kind of love he's ever had is the kind he's bought. Sansa because she's so wrapped up in silly romantic notions of what a prince should be (and FINALLY she admitted how stupid she was in regards to what she expected of King's Landing) including that they have to be "handsome." And Shae because she wanted something more than being just Tyrion's paid mistress.

Am I the only one who refuses to forgive Jamie for ****ing his sister, killing his cousin and pushing Bran out of the tower?!

Am I the only one who refuses to forgive Jamie for ****ing his sister, killing his cousin and pushing Bran out of the tower?!
Cant blame him, her sisters hot

Would rather lose a hand than what Theon lost lol

And am I the only one that instantly thought "I IMMEDIATELY REGRET THIS DECISION!" when Jamie jumped into the bear pit :D

lol I loved the Sansa/Margaery scene.

Margaery: *blathering on about the difficulties of pleasing women sexually*
Sansa: How do you know all this? Did your mother teach you?
Margaery: :dry: .... yes, my mother taught me.

Best Youtube comment I've ever seen:
My god, the difference in manliness between these two is so palpable. I swear I think Tywin could beat Joffrey to death with his dick alone.
:lmao:

Ummm, I think they did more than castrate Theon. Look for a dicklace around his neck next episode.

It's nice to see GoT finally have a balance between characters. I always felt that the first two seasons had a unbalanced feeling to them where we'd have episodes without certain characters or too much of one character. This season has been amazing, it's felt like each episode has gotten through all the different plot strands which make the story so much easier to follow.

So "what happens to something that does not bend?" is going to bite her in the rump later? Because that seems to apply to her in respect to her decision with Yunkai.

Oh man. So they really did castrate Theon?? I ****ing hate that dude but god damn that is just ****ing rough

Poor Theonn. Was that really necesary? What guy would do that to another guy?

tumblr_mmqkh6Gb9H1rqrglro3_250.gif

tumblr_mmqkh6Gb9H1rqrglro2_250.gif

Dani is boss. Dont mess with her and her babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"