Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
How dare you all not know of the awesome of Tormund Giantsbane?

I am 95% sure they aren't doing it this season. There has not been one mention of filming it, while there has been leaks about pretty much every other "big" scene.

Plus they haven't introduced Oberyn or any of the Dornish this season and Tyrion's alliance with them is fairly important to that particular event. I'm pretty sure that's going to be in season 4.

And likewise I'm 100% certain that episode 10 will follow the same formula of the last two seasons; Something major happening in episode 9 and then episode 10 dealing with the fallout, and Dany completing her arc of the season.

Perhaps y'all are right. But I'll actually disappointed if I'm wrong. For once, Episode 10, in some ways, would be even more stunning than Episode 9. The pattern has been for the real "finale" to be in the 9th and then the 10th is just fallout and setting the stage. If 10 this year started like that and then twisted as [blackout]Joffrey's wedding does in the book,[/blackout] it would leave audiences shocked, exhilarated and desperate for more. Imagine if it simply ended on [blackout]Joffrey dying and as he takes his last breath a crying Cersei has Tyrion arrested while Littlefinger spirits Sansa off. Final shot is of Tyrion's own men turning on him, cut to black.[/blackout] It would both give audiences a relief after how bitter 9 will be and also make them desperate for the next season.

If it really goes [blackout]Red Wedding in 9, the Stark girls crying in 10 while the Lannisters celebrate,[/blackout] I think it will be a mistake. There needs to be some hope. I know reading the book that it was that event that allowed me to finally accept what happened earlier and look forward to the rest of the story.

Yeah, [blackout]episode 10 should end with Joffrey's Wedding and the ensuing panic and chaos.[/blackout]

I hate all this blackout! You ****ers! I'll just have to wait.

Perhaps y'all are right. But I'll actually disappointed if I'm wrong. For once, Episode 10, in some ways, would be even more stunning than Episode 9. The pattern has been for the real "finale" to be in the 9th and then the 10th is just fallout and setting the stage. If 10 this year started like that and then twisted as [blackout]Joffrey's wedding does in the book,[/blackout] it would leave audiences shocked, exhilarated and desperate for more. Imagine if it simply ended on [blackout]Joffrey dying and as he takes his last breath a crying Cersei has Tyrion arrested while Littlefinger spirits Sansa off. Final shot is of Tyrion's own men turning on him, cut to black.[/blackout] It would both give audiences a relief after how bitter 9 will be and also make them desperate for the next season.

If it really goes [blackout]Red Wedding in 9, the Stark girls crying in 10 while the Lannisters celebrate,[/blackout] I think it will be a mistake. There needs to be some hope. I know reading the book that it was that event that allowed me to finally accept what happened earlier and look forward to the rest of the story.
And you don't think [blackout] Dany freeing all the slaves, all of the unsullied and being hailed as a savior[/blackout] wouldn't provide them with some hope? It'd be exactly like the end of season 1.

And you don't think [blackout] Dany freeing all the slaves, all of the unsullied and being hailed as a savior[/blackout] wouldn't provide them with some hope? It'd be exactly like the end of season 1.

I don't think [BLACKOUT]Joffrey's death[/BLACKOUT] will be the last scene of the season. Look at the past 2 season finale's. [BLACKOUT]Joffrey's death[/BLACKOUT] doesn't compare to the dragon reveal, and the White Walker on his dead steed turning to stare down Sam. Yeah, it's a "finally!!!" moment, but it doesn't have the same visual and raw energy to it. Whatever is the last scene will be visually striking and powerful like the last 2 season finales. [BLACKOUT]It won't be a SOB grabbing at his throat, and a dwarf being dragged away.[/BLACKOUT]

Exactly.

I think seeing [blackout] Thousands of freed slaves, especially after seeing the he'll they go through, hailing Dany as their mother and savior[/blackout] would be incredible final scene for the season given the inherit darkness of everything else.

Mind you, we also have [blackout] Jamie going back and saving Brianne from the bear too, and his whole redemption.[/blackout]

Could be any number of things.

Last edited:
Ah, this will be a dark season? Please tell me that my bro Tywin isn't going to die.

Must Avoid Highlighting those blackouts or Clicking on those Links. I usually watch the Season and then read the books that the season was based on,

Okay, so this is beyond random buuuuut...

I was re-watching some GoT scenes on YouTube and during the Ed v Jaime fight, I notice that it looks like the Nickolaj is left handed. [BLACKOUT]So I guess he'll have his left hand cut off instead?[/BLACKOUT] I dunno, I just thought that was interesting.

I also wonder how they are going to do the effects for that. It seems like it would be expensive [BLACKOUT]to paint his hand out of every scene. And what about his "gold hand"? I guess they'll CGI that in? Walking Dead has it easy, 'cause Merle wears that giant blade thing on the end of his arm.[/BLACKOUT]

Okay, so this is beyond random buuuuut...

I was re-watching some GoT scenes on YouTube and during the Ed v Jaime fight, I notice that it looks like the Nickolaj is left handed. [BLACKOUT]So I guess he'll have his left hand cut off instead?[/BLACKOUT] I dunno, I just thought that was interesting.

I also wonder how they are going to do the effects for that. It seems like it would be expensive [BLACKOUT]to paint his hand out of every scene. And what about his "gold hand"? I guess they'll CGI that in? Walking Dead has it easy, 'cause Merle wears that giant blade thing on the end of his arm.[/BLACKOUT]

Or they'll just [blackout]make one sleeve longer than the other and hide the "missing" hand. Should be easy with robes and cloaks and whatnot. As for the gold hand, they'll probably pull an Army of Darkness or Arrested Development and just have him wear a solid "fake" hand over his real one. If they didn't want to budget in a missing nose, I can't imagine they'd spring for a much more concealable hand.[/blackout]

Or they'll just [blackout]make one sleeve longer than the other and hide the "missing" hand. Should be easy with robes and cloaks and whatnot. As for the gold hand, they'll probably pull an Army of Darkness or Arrested Development and just have him wear a solid "fake" hand over his real one. If they didn't want to budget in a missing nose, I can't imagine they'd spring for a much more concealable hand.[/blackout]

This will be how they do it.

I think it's a great scene. Indeed, the way it's shot just from the trailer and the harsh contrast of fire with her blue cloak looks stunning. However, it will not have the emotional investment as [blackout]two characters, who most non-readers have attached all their hopes of justice for Ned's death on the younger of, being brutally murdered by allies during a wedding. I threw the book down after I read it and then immediately had to know what happened next, as opposed to waiting A YEAR.[/blackout]

There will need to be more catharsis for the audience with what is going on in Westeros. Otherwise, I could very easily see a backlash happening to that.

I think it's a great scene. Indeed, the way it's shot just from the trailer and the harsh contrast of fire with her blue cloak looks stunning. However, it will not have the emotional investment as [blackout]two characters, who most non-readers have attached all their hopes of justice for Ned's death on the younger of, being brutally murdered by allies during a wedding. I threw the book down after I read it and then immediately had to know what happened next, as opposed to waiting A YEAR.[/blackout]

There will need to be more catharsis for the audience with what is going on in Westeros. Otherwise, I could very easily see a backlash happening to that.

I'm thinking the only way they can really do this is maybe have [blackout] the Red Wedding at Episode 7 or something, and maybe do Joffrey's wedding at 10. This way even if the climax is "only" Astapore, it gives viewers time to swallow the extremely bitter pill of the red wedding rather than a last-minute backhand.[/blackout]

There are 2 endings for the season they should go with:

A) Joffrey's Wedding
B) Davos giving the Night Watch's letter to Stannis. I think this occurred later in the book but it can be pushed up earlier without being an issue and it would keep with ending the series with dragons and White Walkers

I cant believe that
, if those spoilers are true, they are doing the Red Wedding in episode 7. I mean I guess it makes sense considering they shifted much of Rob's story in book 3 to season 2 but its such a huge moment I was sure it would be in episode 9. With this in mind, im guessing Joffrey's wedding will be in episode 9.

For those who've read the book, how much of a time difference is there between [blackout]the Red Wedding[/blackout] and [blackout]resurrected Catelyn making her presence known[/blackout]? Might that be a season-ending moment?

For those who've read the book, how much of a time difference is there between [blackout]the Red Wedding[/blackout] and [blackout]resurrected Catelyn making her presence known[/blackout]? Might that be a season-ending moment?

Quite a bit. [blackout] Lay Stoneheart comes in way at the en, IIRC. RW's more in the middle.[/blackout]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"