Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Jamie knew Ned was a worthy opponent... he wanted to fight him in the hand's tournament for a good fight.

I think it would have said a lot more about Jamie if he had killed the guy who stabbed Ned's leg, rather then just punch him.

I dunno... that would paint him as childish, essentially throwing a temper tantrum, to the viewer. Besides, the soldier was acting out of loyalty. It's not his fault - per medieval thinking - that someone of his station neither have nor understand the concepts of honour and civility that highborne knights do.

I don't know, that's one way to become unpopular with your men (that's never good).

Really I just saw it as Jaime being disappointed, since, he can't now say that he beat Ned in a fair fight. Even though he could, the Lannister soldier wrecked it for him.

I was kind of wondering about those Lannister soldiers. I assume they're Tywin's vassals?

So are they like just buddies with like Jaime, or how does that work exactly?

I think they're simply part of the Lannister's household guard. Essentially paid footmen under their employ. At least they were back in Season One.

By the time the war rolled in, their numbers would have been significantly bolstered by peasant conscripts via levies.

I figure Ned was preoccupied.

Probably thinking "What the hell did my wife do this time?"

I thought it was the opposite, I thought as the fight went on Ned grew in confidence, even giving Jamie a sly smile towards the end, I actually thought Ned was going to win at one point until the soldier intervened.

Thats not true, Jamie tells his father in a later episode when his father asks him that the only reason he didnt kill Ned Stark was because it wouldnt have been honourable or clean after his man had stabbed him. Jamie was trying to kill Ned in that fight. And again, I didnt see Jamie getting any major advantage over Ned in the fight.

True, but Tywin doesn't like Tyrion and Jaime likes him - so I don't think he'd say the real reason to his father. He even told his soldiers "Take him alive, kill the rest." I don't think his intention was to kill Ned, since Tyrion was Cat's hostage - Jaime wouldn't kill Ned.

If Tywin ever speaks with Joffrey behind closed doors, how do you suppose the conversation would go. The king is clearly not afraid of his mother nor his uncle.

If Tywin ever speaks with Joffrey behind closed doors, how do you suppose the conversation would go. The king is clearly not afraid of his mother nor his uncle.

If Tywin ever slapped Joffrey, he'd hit him so hard the king would be crying out for Batman to save him again.

Joffrey fears his uncle. Least in the books he doesn't push his luck. Idk how they will play it in the show.

Samwell Tarly - classy.

wFijyf4.jpg

Last edited:
I REALLY want to see Joffrey and Tywin have a scene together now, lol.

I've been wanting to see that, actually. Hard to say. On the one hand Tywin belittles everyone. But Joffrey is the one guy in the kingdom who can have his head cut off by snapping his fingers. So he'd probably try to avoid angering him.

Obviously, Robert wouldn't do that, since he knows what the political ramifications would be. But Joffrey... he's not exactly the kind of guy who dwells on those things. Ask Ned's severed head.

If Tywin ever slapped Joffrey, he'd hit him so hard the king would be crying out for Batman to save him again.

Then to rub salt on the wound, he would follow it up with one of his "You are a Lannister" speeches to really put him in his place.

A double Lannister no less.

Which raises another question. Does Tywin know about his son and daughter's relationship?

Inbreeding can't be good for the family.

I bet Sam is glad that Commander ordered him not to die.:D

Which raises another question. Does Tywin know about his son and daughter's relationship?

From what I've read online, I think the implication is that he knows, but won't allow him to truly acknowledge it. Now, whether that's actually the case, I don't know, but it's what I've seen.

I mean, ****, if Ned could figure out the thing with the hair, surely Tywin must have an idea.

Tywin is too smart to not know. He could be in denial tho.

Joffrey fears his uncle. Least in the books he doesn't push his luck. Idk how they will play it in the show.

But what about Tywin, his grandfather? :oldrazz:

From what I've read online, I think the implication is that he knows, but won't allow him to truly acknowledge it. Now, whether that's actually the case, I don't know, but it's what I've seen.

I mean, ****, if Ned could figure out the thing with the hair, surely Tywin must have an idea.

Makes sense.

I've only seen the show, and I thought Ned was being toyed with Jaime. Ned had nothing to lose and was going all out. Jaime was holding off and trying to take him without harming him - after all, Ned had Tyrion captive. He got pissed off when that Lannister soldier speared him.

With the Brienne fight, he was dragged in chains and stuff after being held captive for a long time. Also, he was in handcuffs. Even then, he put up a great fight despite have some disadvantages and despite Brienne trying her best not to harm him.

These things point out to me that he's an exceptional swordsman, even though he may be hyping himself more. I guess that was enough for me, but maybe I'm in the minority I dunno lol

Maybe they'll go into it more in the next episode, but in the books you have the advantage of being inside Jaime's head. By the end of that fight, he is thoroughly impressed by Brienne. To the point where he even wonders what might happen if they were to meet at full strength.

I wonder if they'll ever address Ser Aurther Dayne in the series?

I've read the books (all in the last year, too), and I have no idea who that is. So, I doubt it. Was he a famous knight in the history of Westeros? There are just so many damn characters, it's hard to keep track.

If there's anything I want the show to do that the books may not have, it would be the have a scene where Tywin just puts Joffrey in his place. Like, to the point of tears. I think if he had been there when the ****e beating took place he'd have had some choice words for his grandson.

I sort of got the impression that Twyin was planning to use Joffrey like a chess piece (based on Tywin's body language when he went to the Red Keep to take the role of King's Hand).

Maybe they'll go into it more in the next episode, but in the books you have the advantage of being inside Jaime's head. By the end of that fight, he is thoroughly impressed by Brienne. To the point where he even wonders what might happen if they were to meet at full strength.

I've read the books (all in the last year, too), and I have no idea who that is. So, I doubt it. Was he a famous knight in the history of Westeros? There are just so many damn characters, it's hard to keep track.

If there's anything I want the show to do that the books may not have, it would be the have a scene where Tywin just puts Joffrey in his place. Like, to the point of tears. I think if he had been there when the ****e beating took place he'd have had some choice words for his grandson.
Ashara Dayne's brother, Rhaegar's best friend, Gerold Dayne "The Darkstar"'s cousin and famous member of the Kingsguard who nearly killed Ned had it not been for Howland Reed.

Dude is consistently mentioned as the greatest swordsman to have ever lived.

At that time, Joffrey owed everything to him. But now? With the Tyrell's backing him (if halfheartedly), Stannis' forces in disarray, and the North at war with... everyone, Joffrey is much less reliant on him.

And presumably as he grows older, he'll cement his power. He's already overriding his mother. So, Tywin really has a ticking time bomb on his hands. Joffrey isn't a pawn, he's a mad dog.

At that time, Joffrey owed everything to him. But now? With the Tyrell's backing him (if halfheartedly), Stannis' forces in disarray, and the North at war with... everyone, Joffrey is much less reliant on him.

And presumably as he grows older, he'll cement his power. He's already overriding his mother. So, Tywin really has a ticking time bomb on his hands. Joffrey isn't a pawn, he's a mad dog.

Tywin still commands respect from many people and he is the head of the Lannister family, the richest in the land. Joffrey doesn't have that. No one truly respects Joffrey like they do Tywin. He is a mad dog like you say.

Joffrey knows that if he locked him up Tywin would be broke out of prison in a matter of hours. He wouldn't even get a chance to execute him. And If he just hired an assassin, well, Tywin knows so many people and his reputation proceeds him so well that the assassin would just strike a counter deal with Tywin.

Last edited:
It really comes down to who people are afraid of more, and while Joffrey may be a sadistic little **** he doesn't hold a candle to the guy who inspired the Rains of Castamere.

Joffrey is like a bad Roman Emperor. It's not going to end well for anyone, including himself.

Though I would agree that pissing off Tywin is a quick way to mark the reign of Tommen I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"