Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinklage is deserving as always, but Clarke should be in the Lead Actress category frankly.

It's hard to pick out leads from supporting when there are easily, like, 200 speaking characters a season.

Charles Dance is a total boss and very much deserved a nomination, I would have maybe liked to see Richard Madden and maybe Masie Willliams get noms but Masie still seems to have alot of story left with her character so we will see.

It's hard to pick out leads from supporting when there are easily, like, 200 speaking characters a season.

True, true, but thematically speaking, Daenarys is one of the characters that one of the major story arcs revolve around, which has been the case since the beginning of the series. For the series as a whole, and especially this season, she definitely falls under Lead Actress territory.

Michelle Fairley >>>>>>>>>> Everyone else

Michelle Fairley >>>>>>>>>> Everyone else

I'm actually quite glad Michelle ended up playing this role and not Jennifer Ehle. I heart Jennifer Ehle so much that the Red Wedding would have completely destroyed me mentally, and I would have trouble buying and comprehending the morally questionable acts that Cat committed leading up to her fate. Michelle portrayed the right combination of genuine intelligence and emotional rage needed for that role.

I think Roose's actor deserved something. I liked him. Dany hasn't had as much to do this season as S1 and S2.

I think Roose's actor deserved something. I liked him. Dany hasn't had as much to do this season as S1 and S2.

Unfortunately, if the Emmys had a category for "Best Treacherous Bastard" it would be dominated by network executives.

We need an category for Best **** when it comes to this show.

Best Hodoring, Bran or Hodor?

Nikolaj should have gotten a Nom.

Also Michael McElhatton. Because he's the greatest thing this wretched race has ever created.

POeLUDQ.gif
fs6ufwX.gif

That's... I must have more....

That's quality vine-ing right there.

Not Sasso-quality, sure, but still...

I find that Tywin, Tyrion, Varys, Arya and Joffrey are the ones who really steal scenes. Not to say there aren't other excellent actors, but usually their scenes are the ones that stand out the most.

Tywin dominates every scene he's in, but I don't know if that's Charles Dance (who is certainly great) or the fact that he's written to be the center of scenes (which is usually the case in the books).

I find the Starks rather dull, with the exception of Arya.

I would add Jaime, but up until now, he barely got to do anything.

I don't really have a problem with any actor on the show, but Tyrion is definitely who I would point to if I had to pick one scene-stealer. Sure, the character itself is written to be a scene-stealing juicy role, but it wouldn't work without Peter Dinklage.

Diana Rigg was a major scene-stealer too, but more of a guest star capacity.

I think Michelle Fairley was more Emmy-worthy than Emilia Clarke. Her anguished scream at the Red Wedding could easily have been her "for your consideration" clip, along with her monologue about how she couldn't love the baby Jon.

Sean Bean was good as always, but of course he's long gone. Arrya is good (don't know her real name), Charles Dance is always good in everything he's in, and Jack Gleeson does a great job being the character you love to hate without going ridiculously cartoonish about it.

I don't really get the Emmy love for Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. He's good, don't get me wrong, but there wasn't really anything that jumped out as Emmy-worthy to me. Then again, I feel the same about Emilia Clarke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"