Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got to the point in the audio book that had Dany eat the heart and her brother get "Crowned" just as amazing as it was on screen.

Happy with Michelle MacLaren and Alik Sakharov getting to direct two episodes each, now if only Vanessa Taylor gets to pen more than an episode each season, Cogman's doing it for the season 4 so fingers crossed for season 5 in that case.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/17/game-of-thrones-sherlock/

Mark Gatiss cast in Season 4 of Game of Thrones.

Sherlock/Dr Who and Game of Thrones collide!

Mark Gatiss will appear in the fourth season of HBO’s Thrones. The British writer-producer-actor has written Doctor Who novels and episodes of the BBC cult classic, as well as acted on the long-running series (since 2007, he’s credited to three different roles on IMDB). In addition, Gatiss is the co-creator and co-star of another Brit-based favorite, Sherlock, where he plays Holmes’ dryly mysterious brother Mycroft. Now he’s booked on HBO’s fantasy hit next year.

On Thrones he will play …

Well, that’s something we cannot reveal. The Thrones team is keeping Gatiss’ role quiet.

Cool I like Gatiss Sherlock work, Lucifer Box series and Horror Documentaries he does for the BBC.

Gatiss Doctor Who episodes are not very good though.

I'll bet he's playing a member of the Night's Watch. Donal Noye maybe?

I think Bowen Marsh more likely. I suspect Donal Noye has been written out even though it'd be a shame for someone as awesome as a one-armed blacksmith to be written out.

I think Bowen Marsh more likely. I suspect Donal Noye has been written out even though it'd be a shame for someone as awesome as a one-armed blacksmith to be written out.

I thought the same, but then I checked again. Bowen Marsh was already on the show.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Bowen_Marsh

However, that doesn't mean the role couldn't be recast like Beric Dondarrion.

I've only seen Gatiss act on Being Human and he was great, so... :up:

Not yet. I'll get around to it on Netflix. Hopefully soon-ish.

GoT nabbed some nominations for the Emmys. Ones that stood out are Best Drama Series, Peter Dinklage for Supporting Actor, Emilia Clarke for Supporting Actress and Diana Rigg in Guest Actress. :up:

Dinklage, Clarke, and Rigg, as well as the show itself, all got Emmy nominations this morning!

Kinda surprised with Clarke getting a nod.

People were head over heels for Daenerys after episode 4 so I can see why but yeah still a bit surprised. A shame that Michelle Fairley didn't get a nod though, I thought she actually had the higher chance to be nominated.

I think Michelle Fairley was more Emmy-worthy than Emilia Clarke.

Definitely rooting for Dinklage though.

Would be disappointing if Dinklage doesn't win. I'd watch a spin off series with Tyrion in it.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Michelle Fairley should have been nominated.

Charles Dance should of been nominated. Dance as Tywin has been awesome.

Dinklage is deserving as always, but Clarke should be in the Lead Actress category frankly.

If I was going to pick another actress over Emilia, it would actually be Maisie Williams. I think she is awesome on the show.

Charles Dance should of been nominated. Dance as Tywin has been awesome.

Yes, I'm in agreement with this. He did sterling work this season. Maybe next year.

Clarke is a weird one but probably the only actress that has enough exposure to be nominated. Fairley was good but I'm not head over heels for her like a lot of people (arguably more a problem with the character than anything, tbf).

Diana Rigg was a nice surprise though :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back