Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvolo - Yeah, no idea why I thought the White Walkers would look any different than in Season 2 haha. :p

I really hope that's not the official image of the season. That would kinda be a ****ty DVD cover.

A white box with a dragon silhouette...yeah, sounds like ****.

I guess we have to wait for the TV tie-in for Storm of Swords to hit bookstores. They've generally used the same images as both book and DVD/Blu Ray covers.

Also funny watching the very first episodes in S1 and looking at Kit Harrington there compared to how haggard he looks in the trailer for S3.

I really hope that's not the official image of the season. That would kinda be a ****ty DVD cover.
theyre just using the black silhouette to not spoil the big dragon designs while teasing that we will finally see one/them in all their glory.

theyre just using the black silhouette to not spoil the big dragon designs while teasing that we will finally see one/them in all their glory.

They won't be that size for a couple more seasons. And they have already shown what the dragons look like this season.

The titles of most of the episodes have been revealed:

• Ep. 301 – Valar Dohaeris
  • Ep. 302 – Dark Wings, Dark Words
  • Ep. 303 – Walk of Punishment
  • Ep. 304 – And Now His Watch is Ended
  • Ep. 305 – Kissed by Fire
  • Ep. 306 – to be determined
  • Ep. 307 – The Bear and the Maiden Fair
  • Ep. 308 – to be determined
  • Ep. 309 – The Rains of Castamere
  • Ep. 310 – Mhysa
I have a bad feeling about Episode 9 :(

I can't believe how pumped I am for this new season!

Titles are pretty self-explanatory if you are a book fan.

Last episode title makes me think

UnCat is happening this season, and Dany won't get her Unsullied until the finale. Poor Mormont in episode 4. I might not be able to handle episode 5. :D

Last edited:
"Mhysa" definitely points towards Danny freeing the Unsullied, but I don't see why they would reveal Uncat when she has nothing to do in the next season.

"Mhysa" definitely points towards Danny freeing the Unsullied, but I don't see why they would reveal Uncat when she has nothing to do in the next season.

A couple of things.

It fits the usual supernatural ending and it most certainly fits the title. Also, timeline wise, Cat is resurrected not long after the Red Wedding. Perhaps 2 days? They will probably be paying Michelle Fairley for season 4 no matter what, so we will probably get a few invented Brotherhood scenes. Also would call back to Beric before he is completely forgotten and would get rid of the need to recall the actor later.

I see. Well, I could maybe see it happening then. Still, I hate the idea of inventing storylines in a season that is already packed with action important plot points.

I see. Well, I could maybe see it happening then. Still, I hate the idea of inventing storylines in a season that is already packed with action important plot points.

Invented was a bad word. They happen, will just get to see them.

I do not think [blackout]UnCat[/blackout] will happen just one episode after 3.9.

I guess they aren't ending where I had hoped. It will probably be the first or second episode of Season 4. I still think it's a mistake to not end Season 3 there, but what do I know? Either way, I cannot wait for it to start.

I do not think [blackout]UnCat[/blackout] will happen just one episode after 3.9.

I guess they aren't ending where I had hoped. It will probably be the first or second episode of Season 4. I still think it's a mistake to not end Season 3 there, but what do I know? Either way, I cannot wait for it to start.

Where do you want it to end?

And I am almost positive [BLACKOUT]UnCat[/BLACKOUT] will show up in the final scene of season 3 now. Makes perfect sense.

Yeah, if they aren't doing [blackout]Joffrey's Wedding[/blackout] this season, then there isn't really any other major event that they can end on, post [blackout]Red Wedding[/blackout]

There are plenty of things to end the season on.

But I am very, very sure they aren't doing the [BLACKOUT]Purple Wedding[/BLACKOUT] this season. [BLACKOUT]UnCat[/BLACKOUT] though would show [BLACKOUT]revenge[/BLACKOUT] is a-coming.

I don't think that there is anything as big as [blackout]Joffery's death[/blackout] (which they aren't doing) or the [blackout]UnCat reveal[/blackout] that they can end on. I mean, in terms of shocking cliffhangers, those are the only two obvious options I see (though it's been a while since I read ASOS)

[BLACKOUT]UnCat[/BLACKOUT] though would show [BLACKOUT]revenge[/BLACKOUT] is a-coming.

It's stupid if they do that. The weddings were so close to them for a reason. Yeah, UnCat comes back soon after the RW but it takes months for her to appear in the book since no POV character is with the Brotherhood at the time they find her.

It's stupid if they do that. The weddings were so close to them for a reason. Yeah, UnCat comes back soon after the RW but it takes months for her to appear in the book since no POV character is with the Brotherhood at the time they find her.

I think we are far past the "if there is no POV it can't be show" thing. A lot of the best moments from the first 2 seasons wouldn't have happened using that logic. Also don't see how that would be "stupid".

It also makes sense if you consider the title.

Last edited:
What makes everyone think the final scene's big moment will be from the book? The big moment could be something entirely made up and put into a scene from the book. So while it seems that [BLACKOUT]Lady Stoneheart and Joffrey's Wedding[/BLACKOUT] are the ony two options, they could have come up with something of their own to end the season with.

I think we are far past the "if there is no POV it can't be show" thing. A lot of the best moments from the first 2 seasons wouldn't have happened using that logic. Also don't see how that would be "stupid".

It also makes sense if you consider the title.

True about POVs, but it would require following characters the audience knows next to nothing about.

It would be stupid because UnCat is far less relevant than Joffrey's Wedding, Dany taking the Unsullied, or even Davos telling Stannis about the Night's Watch.

Mhysa fits more with Dany anyway since it's Ghiscari and she's called the Mother of Dragons.

Last edited:
The Bear and the Maiden Fair

"You are still a maiden aren't you?"
"....yes."
"Good. I only rescue maidens."

What makes everyone think the final scene's big moment will be from the book? The big moment could be something entirely made up and put into a scene from the book. So while it seems that [BLACKOUT]Lady Stoneheart and Joffrey's Wedding[/BLACKOUT] are the ony two options, they could have come up with something of their own to end the season with.
The title of the episode makes me think that. If that scene is going to be in the episode, it will be the last scene of the season.

True about POVs, but it would require following characters the audience knows next to nothing about.

It would be stupid because UnCat is far less relevant than Joffrey's Wedding, Dany taking the Unsullied, or even Davos telling Stannis about the Night's Watch.

Mhysa fits more with Dany anyway since she uses High Valyrian for commanding her dragons and she's called the Mother of Dragons.

Your reasoning for why it is "stupid" just doesn't seem sound. It just sounds like you don't like it. But with [BLACKOUT]Beric[/BLACKOUT] appearing this season, it makes perfect sense.

The title does apply to [BLACKOUT]Dany[/BLACKOUT] in the stricter sense. It is at the center of one of her most iconic scenes.

But the titles can have a double meaning. Just look at "Kissed by Fire". We know it applies to at least two things that will most likely happen in that episode.

I would be very surprised if [BLACKOUT]the Purple Wedding[/BLACKOUT] happens this season. It is not the kind of thing they have done before in season finales. They are are usually reserved for tying up Dany's story, setting up other characters storylines for next season and finally the big scene that involves magic. Dany and her Dragons and the return of the Others. It makes perfect sense to end it with [BLACKOUT]UnCat[/BLACKOUT]. It shows what the world is becoming again. How magic is reentering it. That winter is coming.

[BLACKOUT]Davos and Stannis[/BLACKOUT] isn't final scene stuff. [BLACKOUT]Jon being thrown in jail while the Wildlings set up camp[/BLACKOUT] is, but I doubt it is what they show as the final scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"