Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Lost had done that with Walt instead of pretty much writing him out when the actor hit his growth spurt. Granted he grew like 3 feet in a year, and only 3 months passed on the island. It would have been one month he was little, and the next month he was 7 feet and had stubble. But surely they could have counted it as one of those unexplained things that happened on the island.

Keeping Walt around would never have worked. He looked and sounded like a Goddamn NFL linebacker by the end of S4.

They never did explain that thing with the bird. But then it's Lost so... yeah.

At that point they were throwing everything at the wall to see what stuck. They later said the bird just made a sound that sounded similar to "hurley". In 2005, David Fury, writer on Season 1 and creator of the numbers (the numbers didn't mean what they meant in season 6), spoke about the "mysteries" and had this to say regarding the whispers:

"I can't tell you what they are now, but I can tell you what they WERE. They were supposed to be the Others, lurking in the jungle. At that time, we hadn't yet settled on what the Others would be."

And the smoke monster:

"There was no mythology to speak of in place during the early episodes of the series. We were building it as we went along, discussing possibilities. ... Some thought of it as a monster of the id, much like in Forbidden Planet -- that maybe it appeared differently to everyone who saw it. The most tangible thought, as explained later by Rousseau, was that it functioned as a security system set up by the island's creators/early residents ... whatever we later decided the answer was."

So when Lindelof said this in 2005:
"Every mystery that we present on the show ... all of those are questions that we know the answers to."

He was kind of full of ****. They were just trying stuff and making it up as they went along.

Full David Fury interview here if you are interested.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lostpedia_Interview:David_Fury

Back to thrones.:yay:

Last edited:
They also showed[BLACKOUT] Jaime losing his hand[/BLACKOUT].

Jon and Ygritte, big dragons, Wall scaling, flaming swords and Mance Rayder. So beautiful.

They timed it great too, just as Jorah said "sword in hand" :hehe:

They timed it great too, just as Jorah said "sword in hand" :hehe:

More of GoT's perfect comedic timing. :D

By the way, I think they also showed the scene when [BLACKOUT]Jon escapes[/BLACKOUT]. I really didn't think they would take the story that far this season.

More of GoT's perfect comedic timing. :D

By the way, I think they also showed the scene when [BLACKOUT]Jon escapes[/BLACKOUT]. I really didn't think they would take the story that far this season.

Season 2 bumped a few storylines into book 3 territory so I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same with some character's this season. Maybe they rearanged his story and condensed it.

Season 2 bumped a few storylines into book 3 territory so I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same with some character's this season. Maybe they rearanged his story and condensed it.

It just seems off when they want to do the first half of the third book this season and the second half next season.

[BLACKOUT]Jon really going to be protecting the Wall for half a season next year?[/BLACKOUT]

I suppose it's safe to say that Coldhands won't be showing up until next season?

I do recall Dave and Dan said that [blackout] The war at the Wall was going to be season 4 and that they were going to be asking for the same budget as Blackwater for it. [/blackout]

What are some of your guesses on when Season Three leaves off?

Red Wedding?

Yeah, the climax of the season usually comes in episode 9.

If I was to take a guess I'd say it'd end with [blackout] Dany and her unsullied freeing Astapor. [/blackout]

tumblr_mio4seQRgw1qjn31xo1_250.gif
tumblr_mio4seQRgw1qjn31xo2_250.gif

tumblr_mio4seQRgw1qjn31xo3_250.gif
tumblr_mio4seQRgw1qjn31xo4_250.gif

tumblr_mio4seQRgw1qjn31xo5_250.gif
tumblr_mio4seQRgw1qjn31xo6_250.gif

tumblr_mio4seQRgw1qjn31xo7_250.gif
tumblr_mio4seQRgw1qjn31xo8_250.gif

tumblr_mint3hYaGo1qzmhlxo1_500.gif

tumblr_mintegaQoV1qzmhlxo1_400.gif

"I'll geld you, I swear it."

Damn am I excited.

Last edited:
Thanks, Marvolo, and this trailer looks too good lol.

Looking great as usual for this show. I can't wait. :up:

Red Wedding?
My editions of Storm of Swords is split in two halves, does that part of the story happen in the first half or by the end of the 2nd half?

My editions of Storm of Swords is split in two halves, does that part of the story happen in the first half or by the end of the 2nd half?

That part of the story is confirmed as being in this season so I wouldnt look at that publication split as an indication of what all is in this season.

That part of the story is confirmed as being in this season so I wouldnt look at that publication split as an indication of what all is in this season.
Just want to know when that part happens in the book

Just want to know when that part happens in the book

UK split paperback edition is Second book, around page 130.

US and UK hardcover is 574.

US paperback is 693.

Red Wedding?

[blackout]Joffrey's Wedding.[/blackout] They have to give audiences something. If they ended the season where you suggest non-readers may start rioting and quit the show. ;)

That's my guess.

That'll be the perfect place to end it. Huge twist/cliffhanger just like Ned in the first one and that leaves a few twists for season 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"