Game of Thrones - HBO part 2 - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The books have been out for years. People are going to speculate on how their favorite events from the books are going to be handled on the TV series.

Don't read the spoilers. That's not hard to understand.

The mods have told us not to do it. If you want to talk about the book, go to the book thread.

The mods have told us not to do it. If you want to talk about the book, go to the book thread.

We're not talking about the book. We're talking about how events from the book are going to be translated to the screen. So talking about it in the book thread wouldn't make much sense. The mods haven't seemed to have a problem lately, since the majority of the posts in here are people discussing just that, how their favorite events of the books have been, and are going to be translated on screen.

Were this a situation like The Walking Dead, where the TV show had branched so far away from it's source material talking about the books is meaningless, I would understand. But it's not.

And as far as I've seen, people have been respectful and posting spoilers from the books in tags, so I really don't see what the problem is. But if people really have a problem with it, I would suggest creating a separate forum dedicated to discussion of the show for those who have read the books. Since, again, people aren't discussing the books, they're discussing the treatment of specific events and speculating on how the show will handle them.

I am love the Ramsay story line out of all the people in the book him, Jon Snow and Victarion are my favorites in the books. I just hope they do water Ramsay down although I don't see how they can keep who his dogs get their names on TV.

We're not talking about the book. We're talking about how events from the book are going to be translated to the screen. So talking about it in the book thread wouldn't make much sense. The mods haven't seemed to have a problem lately, since the majority of the posts in here are people discussing just that, how their favorite events of the books have been, and are going to be translated on screen.

Were this a situation like The Walking Dead, where the TV show had branched so far away from it's source material talking about the books is meaningless, I would understand. But it's not.

And as far as I've seen, people have been respectful and posting spoilers from the books in tags, so I really don't see what the problem is. But if people really have a problem with it, I would suggest creating a separate forum dedicated to discussion of the show for those who have read the books. Since, again, people aren't discussing the books, they're discussing the treatment of specific events and speculating on how the show will handle them.
I suggest sticking to what happens in the episodes or just don't post.

No, people aren't respectful. Plenty of hints and blatant spoilers not tagged or anything. We have been asked to not do it. It is not hard. I have learned not to do it.

I suggest sticking to what happens in the episodes or just don't post.

No, people aren't respectful. Plenty of hints and blatant spoilers not tagged or anything. We have been asked to not do it. It is not hard. I have learned not to do it.

People are going to speculate. That would happen regardless of weather or not they read the books. And since it's a popular book series, people are going to speculate on their favorite events.

Again, if the spoilers bother you, don't read them. I haven't seen anybody being disrespectful with spoilers lately, but if they do, I'd be just as annoyed as you. Thus far, everyone's been pretty good about keeping them in tags.

It just something that's going to happen. Especially since 90% of the discussion on this forum has to do with speculation on future events. Just look back at these pages.

We have been told not to do. So don't do it. Is that really that hard to comprehend?

We have been told not to do. So don't do it. Is that really that hard to comprehend?

Last season we were allowed to discuss the book the season was dedicated to. We just couldn't discuss spoilers from future books. I assume it is the same for this season as well. Every other adaption allows some book discussion. Should be the same here. Discussing how something might be adapted or will be adapted in the book thread makes little sense. Also, we already have a lot of scenes from this season confirmed, and are free to discuss that stuff. Such as [BLACKOUT]Tyrion and Sansa's wedding is confirmed. We also have it confirmed that Dany cooks that slaver. That isn't book spoilers. It is technically tv show spoilers.[/BLACKOUT] All this sort of stuff is within the rules.

I haven't seen anyone tell us not to in a while. If I'm wrong on that, then by all means, a mod can come in here and tell us to stop. I would however, recommend that then they open up a thread specifically for viewers who have read the books. Until that time, I'm still going to discuss and speculate on how the show will handle some of my favorite aspects of the books. And discuss how the show has handled certain aspects differently.

Because, quite honestly, I think it's a little silly to not expect people to discuss how a television adaptation handles it's source material. We do it all the time with the comic films, and pretty much every TV/Movie that's based off a popular book or comic series. Look at the Harry Potter forums, a good chunk of the debate in there had to do with what people liked/disliked about how the movies handled the source material.

It's a natural source of discussion and a subject that many people enjoy talking about. And it usually leads to some good conversation. So as long as people continue to be respectful with spoilers, I don't see what the issue is.

Last season we were allowed to discuss the book the season was dedicated to. We just couldn't discuss spoilers from future books. I assume it is the same for this season as well. Every other adaption allows some book discussion. Should be the same here. Discussing how something might be adapted or will be adapted in the book thread makes little sense. Also, we already have a lot of scenes from this season confirmed, and are free to discuss that stuff. Such as [BLACKOUT]Tyrion and Sansa's wedding is confirmed. We also have it confirmed that Dany cooks that slaver. That isn't book spoilers. It is technically tv show spoilers.[/BLACKOUT] All this sort of stuff is within the rules.

Exactly. Though I expect now that the Show Runners have confirmed that the following seasons will no longer be adapting on a book by book basis, and instead approaching the story as a whole, the no spoilers from future books rule will become a bit meaningless since the TV show will be combining events from books and putting them together.

Exactly. Though I expect now that the Show Runners have confirmed that the following seasons will no longer be adapting on a book by book basis, and instead approaching the story as a whole, the no spoilers from future books rule will become a bit meaningless since the TV show will be combining events from books and putting them together.

Yeah, its already getting mixed this season to a degree. The simplest most effective rule is the same one employed in every other adaption thread. Use spoiler tags liberally and observe what they mean: "do not read if you don't want to be spoiled." I would go a step further and preface the tags with a small indication of the degree of the spoiler and a hint of what it pertains to. I never understood the draconian book discussion rules in this thread to begin with. We have spoiler tags, and they work for every other thread.

Hmm... looks like we're on the verge on a (second?) spoiler kerfuffle. Before things escalate and/or get out of hand, can a mod come in to referee the matter?

Stop posting spoilers from the books. Why is this so hard to understand?

And the music was terrific.

Pot meet kettle. You kept talking about stuff from ADWD in the Part 6 of this thread. I haven't seen anyone post major spoiler details from books beyond ASOS or even major events from ASOS for the most part.

The quality of the cover is subjective (I thought it was crap), but it was horribly placed after how the scene ended. Hopefully they don't make it a habit to use anachronistic music in the credits.

That was one of my favorite bits it the episode. Tywin puts all the chairs on one side of the table and sits at the head as a total power play, and to see where each person ends up sitting. Cersei carries her chair over to sit at her father's "right hand". Tyrion waits for all the other moves to be made, and then manages to drag his chair to the other head of the table, to sit as an equal to his father. I thought it was brilliant.

It was a clever and subtle way to develop the characters, but it felt slow/dragged out purely for comedic value.

Just watched the new episode, did not expect that ending where they totally [BLACKOUT]Rick Grimes Jamie's hand.[/BLACKOUT]

Also...

"Tell her she can bite down on a rag or she can bite down on my fist"

fF7s2Bt.jpg

That's cold as ice.

Pot meet kettle. You kept talking about stuff from ADWD in the Part 6 of this thread.

The quality of the cover is subjective (I thought it was crap), but it was horribly placed after how the scene ended. Hopefully they don't make it a habit to use anachronistic music in the credits.

It was a clever and subtle way to develop the characters, but it felt slow/dragged out purely for comedic value.

Which is why I stopped. One of the posters here was getting sick of it and I realized I got sucked into it again. That is why I stopped.

That rock music at the end really threw me off.

Same here, it reminded me when Walking Dead played some random rock music at the end where heavy sh** was being revealed.

You guys are right, that credit music was a huge WTF

Just watched the new episode, did not expect that ending where they totally [BLACKOUT]Rick Grimes Jamie's hand.[/BLACKOUT]

Please. [BLACKOUT]Jaime's hand was cut off before Rick Grimes was even a thought.[/BLACKOUT] :o

I'm assuming the dragon she'll give the slave trader, will just kill him and return to her.

In an Interview last week D&D said in episode 4 Drogon loses his temper so thangs will definitely be done next week.

Sweet. There's also a pit fight coming up soon, isn't there? Judging from the end credits song...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"