Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting considering that when the Prequels were being released GL said that you never really saw what Jedi could do in the OT because it just had old men, half trained boys and guys that were mostly machine.
You mean when Lucas was talking out his backside to hype up the duels in the prequels? Yeah, don't take that seriously. :funny:

Slave 1 in Rogue One???

A Lego toy line has been released and the toy shown under "Rogue One" turns out to look very close to Slave 1.

Does this mean that this movie could possibly get more awesome and we'll get a Boba Fett cameo, or maybe more???:cwink:

lego-starwars_2016_2.jpg

We could always find out why Vader told Fett "No disintegrations."

Do we need an answer to that? The implication of that was always enough for me. That Fett has such a hardcore reputation that Vader knows about it and has to scold him for it.

Do we need an answer to that? The implication of that was always enough for me. That Fett has such a hardcore reputation that Vader knows about it and has to scold him for it.

We don't "need" an answer to that, but if they were to show how that reputation might have come to be... :hehe:

Seriously though, if they put Boba Fett in this, he can't just be "in" this. He has to do something of significance, otherwise why bother?

Obiously the Rogues are gonna steal his ship for a while in the movie :cwink:
If I remember correctly I think he lost it once in the comics as well.

Who stole it? Unkar Plutt? The Irving Boys? Ducain?! :eek: :p

Obiously the Rogues are gonna steal his ship for a while in the movie :cwink:
If I remember correctly I think he lost it once in the comics as well.

That could make for a golden comedy moment. Boba returns to his ship, wrangling with some difficult monstrous bounty and Slave 1 is GONE and he's like :huh:

That was my first thought.

We don't "need" an answer to that, but if they were to show how that reputation might have come to be... :hehe:

Seriously though, if they put Boba Fett in this, he can't just be "in" this. He has to do something of significance, otherwise why bother?

Boba being in Rogue One certainly would give it some star power. Have him be hired by Vader to hunt the Rebels would be PRETTY sweet. It would make him a nice secondary antagonist.

Though I do seem to recall in Marvel's DV comic, it seemed like Vader and Fett didn't have a prior working history with one another. Which I did find kinda odd but oh well...maybe Vader forgot Fett IDK.

With the movie coming out later this year...and not even a teaser trailer out...I'm really surprised how much the movie has been on lock down. Like we knew more about TFA than RO.

That was my first thought.

Boba being in Rogue One certainly would give it some star power. Have him be hired by Vader to hunt the Rebels would be PRETTY sweet. It would make him a nice secondary antagonist.

Though I do seem to recall in Marvel's DV comic, it seemed like Vader and Fett didn't have a prior working history with one another. Which I did find kinda odd but oh well...maybe Vader forgot Fett IDK.

With the movie coming out later this year...and not even a teaser trailer out...I'm really surprised how much the movie has been on lock down. Like we knew more about TFA than RO.

That is what's interesting because there is literally zero information besides some character costumes, the cast, the briefest of descriptions of the plot, a small teaser that revealed nothing at all, and a couple of photos. They have locked this sucker down like Fort Knox.

Which means when we finally get something tangible to sink our teeth into, its gonna be juicy!!:woot:

That is what's interesting because there is literally zero information besides some character costumes, the cast, the briefest of descriptions of the plot, a small teaser that revealed nothing at all, and a couple of photos. They have locked this sucker down like Fort Knox.

Which means when we finally get something tangible to sink our teeth into, its gonna be juicy!!:woot:

with the Force Awakens We got a teaser in Dec, Trailer one in the spring and Trailer 2 in the Fall.

I figure we get a teaser at the SB, Trailer 1 with Civil War and Trailer 2 in Sep/Oct

You know, I'm down for some X-wings vs Slave I action.

You know, I'm down for some X-wings vs Slave I action.

That would be pretty dope.

Wasn't there some old rumors that Felicity's Jones character was supposed to be Boba's daughter?

She was never suppose to be related to Boba Fett.

Isn't Boba Fett too young to have a daughter Felicity's age?

Isn't Boba Fett too young to have a daughter Felicity's age?

In the old canon Boba had his daughter Aliyn when he was 16-18, which at the oldest she would have been 16 at the time of the first movie. Again in the old canon.

THAT being said in the new Canon he's been hanging with Bossk, Dengar and Co so he was hanging in some seedy joints and making some credits by catching bounties.

And what else is a hormonally driven teenager with excess credits gunna do besides get lap dances and more from Twiek dancers/strippers/go go dancers

Which still puts any theoretical daughter at Sabine's age. Felicity Jones (nor the other rumored actresses up for the role) will not pass for that age.

The most recent rumor from MSW said Felicity Jone's character is the daughter of Mads Mikkelsen's character:

Mads Mikkelsen (Galen appears to be his name in the film) is kind of the key to the film in a way. He is a scientist that took over the Geonosian Death Star project. He solved several of the flaws the Empire could not and is sort of a revered person in the Empire for his contributions. However, Mikkelsen’s character is a Robert Oppenheimer-type character. Oppenheimer helped design the atomic bomb only to say, “Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.” The guilt “Galen” feels for his contributions to the Empire become too much and he defects, attempting to make things right. In order to do this, he enlists the help of his only daughter….

Felicity Jones’ character has to undo the devastation her family has unleashed onto the galaxy. Early versions of this character had her as a bounty hunter type of mercenary. But with the familial connections it appears as if this idea might not interface with the final stuff for the character so I’m hesitant to say she’s a bounty hunter/mercenary type in the final iterations of the film. I believe she is probably a scientist-type herself in character of the mission to get the plans, aided by bounty hunters, in this final iteration. (But I could be wrong about that part.)
http://**************.net/2016/01/rogue-one-star-wars-story-father-daughter-destroyer-worlds/

And since she is connected to bounty hunters and mercs that explains why Boba would feature in the film. Vader probably gets info on Felicity's character's team from Boba or hires him to help stop them.

Last edited:
Still praying that the rumor that Cad Bane shows up is true.

Cad Bane in live-action would be fascinating to see.

Do you guys remember the photo that Donny Yen posted on his Instagram with the helmets? The black helmet on the left of that photo is worn by the film's main villain, according to MSW. He's the leader of the shadow troopers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"