Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why people are complaining about no news. It doesn't make sense having Star Wars overload when TFA is not even two months old yet. Give it time.

After all the hype and all the money Disney dished out to promote TFA, I don't want to hear anyone complain about a quiet period between each Star Wars film again. Ever. Seriously.

Studios have more than one movie their marketing team works on. Each film has its own schedule for promos and release. Disney could wait until the day before release to promote rogue one if they wanted, it would still be the single most promoted film on Earth if and when they decide to market it. People need to just breathe and allow these quiet moments to settle in. When the hype machine hits, it always hits hard. Enjoy the anticipation!

Rogue 1 Trailer Rumors begin: Upcoming Trailer potentially Dark -
The rumor mill - http://www.theforce.net/story/front/Rogue_Rumor_Upcoming_Trailer_Is_Dark_168048.asp

Although by the guy's actual twitter description...

"Heard there are 2-3 #StarWars #RogueOne trailers floating around. Sounds like they're figuring out the "tone" they want to show first"

They are still trying to FIGURE OUT the tone they want to go with first.
Meaning they can sell it as "dark" ore NOT.
That does not mean it's all dark.
That implicitly means the actual movie has elements of both that they are choosing from.
Of course the rumor mill won't focus on that, and instead just focus on it's DARK!
And most will run with the headline/rumor created, and jump to the conclusion the movie will be all Dark.

Last edited:
Cd3FGSOW4AAa0kS.jpg

http://**************.net/2016/03/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-prequel-book-coming-this-fall/

A prequel novel for Rogue One has been announced. Star Wars-Rogue One: Catalyst.

Is this a live-action version of Star Wars Rebels, or is this based on a different group of rebels in the Rebellion?

Rogue 1 Trailer Rumors begin: Upcoming Trailer potentially Dark -
The rumor mill - http://www.theforce.net/story/front/Rogue_Rumor_Upcoming_Trailer_Is_Dark_168048.asp

Although by the guy's actual twitter description...

They are still trying to FIGURE OUT the tone they want to go with first.
Meaning they can sell it as "dark" ore NOT.
That does not mean it's all dark.
That implicitly means the actual movie has elements of both that they are choosing from.
Of course the rumor mill won't focus on that, and instead just focus on it's DARK!
And most will run with the headline/rumor created, and jump to the conclusion the movie will be all Dark.

Exodus God's and Kings had 3 different variations of trailer 2 leak about a month before the official version of trailer 2 was released.

The version they ended up officially releasing was a mixture of all the best elements from the three versions that leaked. If we are extremely lucky these variations of the Rogue One trailer will leak.

Is this a live-action version of Star Wars Rebels, or is this based on a different group of rebels in the Rebellion?

This is separate from the Rebels tv show, and none of the Ghost crew is in Rogue One. Rogue One is about a ragtag mixed group coming together to steal the plans for the Death Star. Supposedly Felicity Jones's character's father was the scientist that designed the super laser that the Empire used in the Death Star. When he finds out what they used it for he feels guilty about it and him and his daughter set out to find a way to destroy the Death Star.

It sucks we haven't gotten anything yet but I full expect something around Civil War. I hope I'm wrong and it's released this week though:woot:

Any idea if or who the villain will be? Just Stormtroopers would seem odd since every movie has had a villain, though I suppose this is the first live action movie of Star Wars to be a spin off and not part of the main story so it wouldn't be too strange. I hope it's something like a squad of (black ops) Shadow Troopers or an Inquisitor like the ones from Rebels.

Any idea if or who the villain will be? Just Stormtroopers would seem odd since every movie has had a villain, though I suppose this is the first live action movie of Star Wars to be a spin off and not part of the main story so it wouldn't be too strange. I hope it's something like a squad of (black ops) Shadow Troopers or an Inquisitor like the ones from Rebels.
There are Shadow Troopers apparently. Also, there seems to be some sort of Moff that is the lead baddie. Also expect an appearance from a Dark Lord of the Sith.

Mendelsohn is the lead baddie for this film, he's playing an Imperial officer. From what I've seen, the Death Troopers (or whatever they'll call them) were only used as bodyguards, but it's likely they'll have other uses throughout the film. No idea about Vader but I would expect him to at least have some role in the film, but I don't believe he'll be the lead baddie.

Hard to say, the latest rumors point to Vader having a bigger role. Of course this whole idea was based off of his line of "No one will stop us this time." Sounds like from some of the latest things from MSW he will play a bigger role.

I just want one crazy live action Vader action scene. One where he tears the Rebels a new one. Something similar to the new comics and Rebels.

I'm basing my observations on footage I've seen, and Vader wasn't shown. Now that doesn't mean he won't be in the film, he's probably being kept back, but Mendelsohn was heavily featured as the villain.

I'm basing my observations on footage I've seen, and Vader wasn't shown. Now that doesn't mean he won't be in the film, he's probably being kept back, but Mendelsohn was heavily featured as the villain.

I'm taking this with a boulder of salt. How and where did you see this supposed footage?

I'm taking this with a boulder of salt. How and where did you see this supposed footage?

:shrug:
My track record on this forum speaks for itself. I also didn't reveal anything shockingly spoilery, so this doesn't really warrant a leap of faith.

That sculpted Star Wars helmets for Vader for Rogue One. Specifically the ones from the first film. He'll be there. MSW has been reporting on it quite a bit.

I just want one crazy live action Vader action scene. One where he tears the Rebels a new one. Something similar to the new comics and Rebels.

I like that this film doesn't really have to fit in the same "style" as the saga movies. Imagine something similar to the church scene in The Kingsmen but with Vader and rebels:hmr:

I like that this film doesn't really have to fit in the same "style" as the saga movies. Imagine something similar to the church scene in The Kingsmen but with Vader and rebels:hmr:
As a Star Wars and Kingsman fan, I would never want to see anything like that. A Star Wars movie you can't take kids to, isn't a Star Wars movie I want to see.

For visual style, this will be more reminiscent of ANH. There were select shots from the footage where it was almost hard to tell if it was ANH or Rogue One, that's how faithfully the filmmakers will be recreating that look and feel. It felt very nostalgic seeing all that, much more so than TFA because quite literally almost all the costumes, props, and sets in Rogue One are OT copies.

I think this will be more of a grounded military/spy film set in the SW universe. Vader's action scenes I'm guessing will be more akin to how he fought in the OT. But I will admit, a Kingsman church scene with Vader would be :wow: :funny:

:shrug:
My track record on this forum speaks for itself. I also didn't reveal anything shockingly spoilery, so this doesn't really warrant a leap of faith.

You've made less than 1000 posts amd I dont recall you reporting any accurate behind the scenes info on amy Lucasfilm production so your track record doesnt speak for itself. What you are saying is contrary to sources that were extremely reliable for two years during TFAs production. So yeah it requires a leap of faith or some evidence to back up what you are saying. There havent been any screenings of footage to the public aside from the announcement footage that leaked and it didnt show anything you described.

You've made less than 1000 posts amd I dont recall you reporting any accurate behind the scenes info on amy Lucasfilm production so your track record doesnt speak for itself. What you are saying is contrary to sources that were extremely reliable for two years during TFAs production. So yeah it requires a leap of faith or some evidence to back up what you are saying. There havent been any screenings of footage to the public aside from the announcement footage that leaked and it didnt show anything you described.

You're entitled to your skepticism, I really don't care enough to convince you otherwise.

You're entitled to your skepticism, I really don't care enough to convince you otherwise.

Its exactly this attitude of yours that makes me think you're just making this up. Look at Magnar and others who report info in this section. They give their source or some evidence and readily when asked. Ive seen too many trolls do exactly what you are doing. They post some supposedly legit info and when asked about their source they say something like, "I have nothing to prove."

If your info was legit you shouldnt hesitate to confirm it or prove that it is. Having another valuable source in this section would be wonderful but you cant expect people to believe you when you are acting cagey, and refusing to say how you saw footage that hasnt been reported by anyone else on or outside of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"