The Force Awakens General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actors? Crap. The big 3? Just confirm their involvement, Disney.

Well, we'll see. It's just a rumor for now but I think it's very possible that we'll get official confirmations with the big three and NEW cast members.

It would be a dream come true... for nymphomaniacs.

Oh yes, I wanna see that one. I loved 'Anti-Christ' and 'Melancholia'.

It's ok, I understand, you were likely going through a rough time. :oldrazz:

Not to derail the thread, but for those who missed it:

More on Star Wars' presence at D23:

Insiders say some Star Wars actors may be making appearances during the D23 Expo, confirming their participation in the J.J. Abrams-directed sequel trilogy — which is expected to hit theaters in 2015. (Filming is expected to begin in early 2014 in the U.K.)

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-heads-d23-582561

I'm quite surprised that Ford would agree to come back. I know that his stance on SW has mellowed somewhat in recent years (he appeared in several documentaries and attended an ESB Q&A). However, I still didn't expect that he would actually play Han again. Maybe Disney promised him that heroic death scene that he wanted in ROTJ.

I think too that he has a new lease on life, maybe due to his wife and youngest kid.

Yep, he is appearing in a lot of movies recently (42, Ender's Game, Anchorman 2, SW maybe). The man is more engaged than he's been in years. Also, he actually seems to be trying instead of phoning in his performances.

I'm quite surprised that Ford would agree to come back. I know that his stance on SW has mellowed somewhat in recent years (he appeared in several documentaries and attended an ESB Q&A). However, I still didn't expect that he would actually play Han again. Maybe Disney promised him that heroic death scene that he wanted in ROTJ.
Is that Q&A online at youtube or something? I think it'd be great to hear his thoughts about his ESB time.

Yep, he is appearing in a lot of movies recently (42, Ender's Game, Anchorman 2, SW maybe). The man is more engaged than he's been in years. Also, he actually seems to be trying instead of phoning in his performances.
Is he just cameoing or will he be a character in it? That should be interesting to see.

Is he just cameoing or will he be a character in it? That should be interesting to see.

Not sure how big his role is but they've said he's playing a Tom Brokaw-level news vet so I would think his character is at least somewhat important.

I just saw over at TFN that Disney/LFL has released a statement saying they would not be doing anything Episode VII related at SDCC or D23. But funny enough they did not mention Celebration II, which takes place between these two events and of course is the biggest SW thing to go down this year. So to me that is kinda a confirmation that we will get something at Celebration II.

I just saw over at TFN that Disney/LFL has released a statement saying they would not be doing anything Episode VII related at SDCC or D23. But funny enough they did not mention Celebration II, which takes place between these two events and of course is the biggest SW thing to go down this year. So to me that is kinda a confirmation that we will get something at Celebration II.
I hope so. Otherwise u just got my hopes up even more :csad::oldrazz:

I hope so. Otherwise u just got my hopes up even more :csad::oldrazz:

LOL I know I'm trying to stay optimistic/realistic at the same time. But to me it just seems obvious. Celebration II is the biggest Star Wars event this year, and they go out of their way to say to two other huge events SDCC and D23 that takes place a week before and after Celebration II, that nothing Episode VII will be there.

To me I think that is a hint.

May the Force be with all of us then. ;)

Also the statement says this:

The statement also mentions Celebration Europe II (July 26-28), where, "for the first time, Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy, as well as other behind-the-scenes talents who will help shape the future of Star Wars."

So it mentions Celebration II but does not say they won't have any Episode VII stuff there.

I don't know if the Q&A is online or not. I think it was for Empire's 30th anniversary.

D23 I think will be more merchandise related with SW; we could be seeing how Disney is gonna take SW into the future with it. Isn't something big happening there, like either expansion of Hollywood Studios, or the opening of a new gate? As a side note, how ****ing great would it be if they just announced a SW theme park? I could totally see it happening. If not now, within the decade.

But I definitely think the Celebration is when we'll get something. If Kennedy's gonna be there, then we can at least be hopeful.

Devin Faraci is already ripping the movie on twitter...2 years before its release.

I love Neil, but he is not right for Star Wars as much. JJ is a perfect fit, he creates such a fun atmosphere with adventure, drama, and action all rolled into a nice film. That and he makes you care about the characters on top of that. I do love Neil's work but it is more in the vein of early Cameron and Ridley Scott more so then Lucas/Spielberg type of films that Star Wars are. I still stand that JJ is the perfect choice and the Star Trek films fully confirmed that to me.

As for Devin....screw him. Seriously. He has such a pointless hate against JJ he hates anything that he is attached to. Even if the film is a massive hit and critically acclaimed he will either give it a negative review. Or give it a positive score but the review reads like a negative one (ala The Dark Knight). I just let things go in one ear and out the other with Devin.

I'm glad Neil didn't get it, he could do a spinoff possibly?

While I like Devin yeah he's just rattling some cages now. Accroding to him it's based on info he knows about the film but how is it fair to judge a film that hasn't been filmed yet nor even officially cast? That and he doesnt like Abrams; thinks Michael Ardnt is just competent but nothing special; and causually likes Star Wars (but thinks its overrated) Well that's Devin for ya! Just don't take it seriously.

That being said, maybe he's doing us all a favor to GAUGE our expectations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"