Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Because even if it does disappoint they'll simply reboot and go again, the characters never going to be in the odd limbo Superman consistently has been in.

Really? That's interesting because I'd call the whole "will he, won't he" thing with Ben Afleck (until it was confirmed right after JL that he was gone.......but now he's back) and almost 3 years of practically hearing nothing about Matt Reeve's film's progress would constitute limbo also.
The same can be said about Flash and it's revolving door of directors (until it came together last year), or the plans for GL or any of Warners' plans for their DC properties.

As for Superman, well he is hardly in limbo, it's been officially announced that there is a JJ Abrahams produced "black Superman" movie in the works, what remains unclear is Henry Cavill's fate in the DCEU. Still, as I said before I would bet the Kent farm that Cavill is and will continue to be superman for the foreseeable future, the real question (for me atleast) is when will they announce it.

Really? That's interesting because I'd call the whole "will he, won't he" thing with Ben Afleck (until it was confirmed right after JL that he was gone.......but now he's back) and almost 3 years of practically hearing nothing about Matt Reeve's film's progress would constitute limbo also.
The same can be said about Flash and it's revolving door of directors (until it came together last year), or the plans for GL or any of Warners' plans for their DC properties.

As for Superman, well he is hardly in limbo, it's been officially announced that there is a JJ Abrahams produced "black Superman" movie in the works, what remains unclear is Henry Cavill's fate in the DCEU. Still, as I said before I would bet the Kent farm that Cavill is and will continue to be superman for the foreseeable future, the real question (for me atleast) is when will they announce it.

Eh? Practically nothing? I can't say I agree with that. I don't think there's been any doubt that Batman was returning, the fact that Affleck was due to return yet MOS 2 was still unknown says it all. The fall out of BVS seemed to do more damage and ask more questions of Superman than Batman.

You don't feel as a Superman fan that the character has been treated unfairly in comparison to others?

Eh? Practically nothing? I can't say I agree with that. I don't think there's been any doubt that Batman was returning, the fact that Affleck was due to return yet MOS 2 was still unknown says it all. The fall out of BVS seemed to do more damage and ask more questions of Superman than Batman.

You don't feel as a Superman fan that the character has been treated unfairly in comparison to others?

The fallout from that pile of s*** some call BvS involved all of the DCEU and it damaged both Batman and Superman in equal measure IMO because the movie crapped on both spectacularly. Superman a hopeful, approachable Superhero? Not in Zack's world! Instead he's a mopey, emo, dialogue challenged, nihilist. Batman as a highly intelligent, moral (albeit damaged) hero? Nope not in Zack "I make movies fro grown ups" Snyder's world, his Batman is a dumba**, psychopath, although, Zack got the "damaged" part right I guess.

Do I feel the character has been treated unfairly? Well not in terms of quantity, Superman just got a 13? 15? episode series that seems to have gone very well with the audience and critics, now I personally never (and will never) watched this series or anything CW Superman-related, one must admit that if you're a glass half full kind of fan (all Superman fans should be that idealy), then getting a good 10 hour plus series is better than a good 2 hr movie.
With all that being said I do think that Superman has been treated incompetently when it comes to his movies and hence it's an issue of quality and Superman fans should feel hard done that Warners brought hacks like of Zack Snyder who clearly (and stated it publically) didn't like Superman and rejected the likes of McQuarrie and Vaughn who aren't just better directors than Snyder ever will be but were clearly interested in making a Superman movie by taking the initiative and making a pitch.
All in all, I don't think WB has forgotten about superman, especially if you look at the sheer amount of Superman material that's in the works (JJ Abrahams black Superman, MBJ's Val zod mini series, the aforementioned Superman and Lois, the HBO animated series and a possible post-Smallville animated series) but until proven otherwise, I don't see any proof that Warners have gotten smarter or wiser when it comes to brining Superman into the big screen, let's see how the discovery merger will change things especially since the discovery president himself mentioned Superman in name when talking about Warners' important properties.

So this archive footage stuff.. you guys think Cavill would give consent and allow WB to use his face?

let's see how the discovery merger will change things especially since the discovery president himself mentioned Superman in name when talking about Warners' important properties.
Yea. It'll be interesting to see how Zaslav feels about Batman and Superman not being the face of one of their most important franchises

TBH, the "Discovery will stop all this!" stuff is just reminding me of when everyone thought Jason Kilar would be the white knight who'd restore the Snyderverse, only to add him to the public enemies list when he moved on to promoting other projects for WB after the Snyder Cut was released. And the AT&T execs from before who were supposed to do the same thing.

Could Zaslav throw a wrench in the plans? Sure, anything's possible. But at this point I'm not gonna be surprised if history simply repeats itself.

Zaslav will most likely cut down big budget WB movies, not just big budget DC movies but movies in general.

I don't expect Zaslav giving $200 mil for any DC movie in near future, expect lot of small budget DC movies for HBO Max though.

I just feel the thinking that WB will suddenly tighten up and give us an endless stream of crowd-pleasing superhero cinema is setting oneself up for disappointment. They just aren't set up for that. Even if they sell DC off to some other studio, it still won't happen.

Marvel is what it is in spite of Disney, not because of it. They were an independent studio and designed their entire business model around these connected films. And it was a forcing function in terms of this long-term game plan they developed. They had to have a plan if they wanted to survive as a studio.

For every other studio though, connected universes are an add-on. And they have other films and existing politics to navigate around. Unless DC can go indie, find a Feige-type frontman that is both an exec and a nerd, and then miraculously get Disney-level financial backing, our best bet is to just take each film for what it is and not worry so much about the larger narrative or overall universe. If a film is bad, that sucks. But it doesn't have to impact how you feel about the next one. And if the next one is great, it isn't some sign the tides are turning for WB. Because the one after that might still suck lol.

Marvel has mastered serialized moviemaking. WB seems to be going the procedural route. I think that's an area they can really shine, but as with any procedural, you're gonna have episodes you watch every time they air. And you're gonna have episodes you skip or just play in the background. The sooner we as fans can just accept that, the more satisfied I think we'll be.

TBH, the "Discovery will stop all this!" stuff is just reminding me of when everyone thought Jason Kilar would be the white knight who'd restore the Snyderverse, only to add him to the public enemies list when he moved on to promoting other projects for WB after the Snyder Cut was released. And the AT&T execs from before who were supposed to do the same thing.

Could Zaslav throw a wrench in the plans? Sure, anything's possible. But at this point I'm not gonna be surprised if history simply repeats itself.
It’s always on to the next savior, until that person doesn’t do everything they want to a tee, then it’s on to the next one

insanity, if you will

The Merge will definitly cause some changes in plan, how much...we can not tell at the moment.
But i wouldnt count on any Snderverse ressurection or so...not for a while.

Its why the whole new justice league lineup/Continuity rumor is worthless to me.
The Merge is approaching fast and we have not many straight line infos on the Flashpoint movie.

It will definitly be a interesting few years.

Zaslav will most likely cut down big budget WB movies, not just big budget DC movies but movies in general.

I don't expect Zaslav giving $200 mil for any DC movie in near future, expect lot of small budget DC movies for HBO Max though.

Massive budgets is not what a good movie makes. Shazam cost less than a 100 mill while Snyder's pile of rubbish (MOS, BvS and JL) cost well over 200 mill each and the former was far better received and looked every bit as good as the latter.
Tom Cruise's mummy, as crappy as it was, looked great and had big stars like Cruise and Crow and it cost 120 mill, I see no reason for any movie to cost more than 150 (max) unless we're talking about Avengers level star studded cast.
The very basic fact is studios overspend, which means that we the audience have to over spend on tickets because the more studios spend then more they force the theatres to overcharge and it's high time that someone put a stop to it.

If I'm not mistaken Reynolds is the most bankable of the 3 and one of the most bankable stars in the world, second only to the Rock, so if Superman fans are Ryan Ryenolds then they're not doing too badly.
Also why the heck are Batman fans laughing? Shouldn't they wait and see if the Batman is any good? Just saying.

The fallout from that pile of s*** some call BvS involved all of the DCEU and it damaged both Batman and Superman in equal measure IMO because the movie crapped on both spectacularly. Superman a hopeful, approachable Superhero? Not in Zack's world! Instead he's a mopey, emo, dialogue challenged, nihilist. Batman as a highly intelligent, moral (albeit damaged) hero? Nope not in Zack "I make movies fro grown ups" Snyder's world, his Batman is a dumba**, psychopath, although, Zack got the "damaged" part right I guess.

Do I feel the character has been treated unfairly? Well not in terms of quantity, Superman just got a 13? 15? episode series that seems to have gone very well with the audience and critics, now I personally never (and will never) watched this series or anything CW Superman-related, one must admit that if you're a glass half full kind of fan (all Superman fans should be that idealy), then getting a good 10 hour plus series is better than a good 2 hr movie.
With all that being said I do think that Superman has been treated incompetently when it comes to his movies and hence it's an issue of quality and Superman fans should feel hard done that Warners brought hacks like of Zack Snyder who clearly (and stated it publically) didn't like Superman and rejected the likes of McQuarrie and Vaughn who aren't just better directors than Snyder ever will be but were clearly interested in making a Superman movie by taking the initiative and making a pitch.
All in all, I don't think WB has forgotten about superman, especially if you look at the sheer amount of Superman material that's in the works (JJ Abrahams black Superman, MBJ's Val zod mini series, the aforementioned Superman and Lois, the HBO animated series and a possible post-Smallville animated series) but until proven otherwise, I don't see any proof that Warners have gotten smarter or wiser when it comes to brining Superman into the big screen, let's see how the discovery merger will change things especially since the discovery president himself mentioned Superman in name when talking about Warners' important properties.

Massive budgets is not what a good movie makes. Shazam cost less than a 100 mill while Snyder's pile of rubbish (MOS, BvS and JL) cost well over 200 mill each and the former was far better received and looked every bit as good as the latter.
Tom Cruise's mummy, as crappy as it was, looked great and had big stars like Cruise and Crow and it cost 120 mill, I see no reason for any movie to cost more than 150 (max) unless we're talking about Avengers level star studded cast.
The very basic fact is studios overspend, which means that we the audience have to over spend on tickets because the more studios spend then more they force the theatres to overcharge and it's high time that someone put a stop to it.

6e6e6ee95255fbbff59742514becd1f589b032bf.gifv

EbjHHI5.jpg

MV5BZmNiZmMzN2MtOTNkMy00YjA1LTg4NzktMWI4Njg1NzI3ODAyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzg5MzIyOA@@._V1_.jpg

LOL, well now that bald Keaton is playing your boy BAldTMAN, all that's left is for bald scorcese to direct another Batman / Superman teamup movie where the follicarly challenged duo cause Lex Luthor to lose his hair in a fateful experiment, thus pushing bald Lex to villany.

Mark Hughes on a podcast just said Henry Cavill will either be absent in Flashpoint or pass down the torch and the replacement will be MBJ.....as Val Zod, and he'll be the new DCEU Superman.

I feel sick and hyped at the same time :funny:

Mark Hughes on a podcast just said Henry Cavill will either be absent in Flashpoint or pass down the torch and the replacement will be MBJ.....as Val Zod, and he'll be the new DCEU Superman.

I feel sick and hyped at the same time :funny:

@Greenlite you're back!

i remeber right before superman returns came out and a trailer had this scene and people claim how this one moment (without seeing the movie) made Brandon Routh superman better than everything Tom Welling did in smallville.

its funny how as a whole we tend to crap on what came before as soon as something new comes. then some time after the narrative changes and the opposite becomes cool. i remebr people on this forum calling Routh a bad superman then when casting news for MOS was announced people were call for Routh to be used cus suddenly he was the best and only option.

This will probably be my last manip of Henry. We will likely never see him wear the suit again.STM-HC-update-v-rebirth.jpg

Peacemaker finale spoilers.

FLzN6OQXoAUtqIC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"