BvS Henry Cavill IS Superman - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect the classic Superman, in personality, to start shining through sooner than later.
Funny, this is exactly what I kept telling myself as I watched MoS. Then again, as I was waiting for BvS. Then watching BvS, I gave up.

Killing off Supes in this movie was so pointless to me, it carried no real emotional weight that it should have. He needed at least another solo movie before this one where we get to know him more and see him living his life.
I hate the ending too. It was so painful to watch. He could have survived. He was holding the spike. But...

I like how one reviewer put it how in BvS, Clark is still in the middle of his origin story. BvS is Man of Steel 1.5 in a way when it comes to Superman's arc, especially givin' that the world around him hasn't settled on their issues with him yet. I expect the classic Superman, in personality, to start shining through sooner than later.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of world-building for a Superman story/franchise though. I doubt Cavill stays past JL and I doubt WB continues.

The "welcome to Earth" line had some sense of hope to it,but BvS didn't seem to follow up on it.

Contrast that with the Begins "Escalation" speech and you see where Nolan was taking the next step in his journey.

Funny, this is exactly what I kept telling myself as I watched MoS. Then again, as I was waiting for BvS. Then watching BvS, I gave up.

I simply love this version where he could have a personal interestING life. When he was so called classic shining superman like in the previous movies, he had no life. That's why people complained he was dull n boring.

I simply love this version where he could have a personal interestING life. When he was so called classic shining superman like in the previous movies, he had no life. That's why people complained he was dull n boring.

"Having a life" and "classic superman" don't have to be mutually exclusive. In the comics, superman often has a rich personal life with his parents (if one or both is still alive), Lois, and his job at the DP, even while he's Earth's savior.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of world-building for a Superman story/franchise though. I doubt Cavill stays past JL and I doubt WB continues.

The "welcome to Earth" line had some sense of hope to it,but BvS didn't seem to follow up on it.

Contrast that with the Begins "Escalation" speech and you see where Nolan was taking the next step in his journey.

I thought the interpretation was perfect. Welcome to the world. The real world which is dark and cynical. People wouldn't welcome u with open arms when u showed up n did a saving deed like all the previous movies. U would be questioned n doubted on ur motives. Simply perfect.

I would love to know what Henry truly thinks in all of this.. end of the day, he is getting work and living a good life, but damn, as a superman fan, i can't help but think he reads the script and slightly, just slightly, cries inside.

"Having a life" and "classic superman" don't have to be mutually exclusive. In the comics, superman often has a rich personal life with his parents (if one or both is still alive), Lois, and his job at the DP, even while he's Earth's savior.

Ya. So good till none manage to be picked n interpreted into the movies universe. In BVS, clark, Lois n superman were written very well, best as compare to all his previous movies.

I would love to know what Henry truly thinks in all of this.. end of the day, he is getting work and living a good life, but damn, as a superman fan, i can't help but think he reads the script and slightly, just slightly, cries inside.

If he's at all disappointed, he hides it well.

I think he's chosen to put his trust in Snyder. Sometimes, as an actor, that's all you can do. I'm sure there have been reassurances that his character will one day become similar to the one he's read about, and that (and his desire to keep working) is probably what's tiding him over.

Ya. So good till none manage to be picked n interpreted into the movies universe. In BVS, clark, Lois n superman were written very well, best as compare to all his previous movies.
Glad you thought so. I wish I agreed.

At this point, I have my doubts (especially if Snyder is still involved). I mean they set him up to be that way in the final scenes of MOS, only to regress him here. And it shouldn't take THREE freaking films (at least) just to get him to his "classic stage." The fans paid good money (going to the movie theatre ain't cheap these days) to see Superman, not a trilogy of films just GETTING him to BE Superman, so their losing patience is perfectly understandable.

Lol. I think he is very proud. People loves him. People loves the interpretation. He managed to make more people care n interested in superman again.

If he's at all disappointed, he hides it well.

I think he's chosen to put his trust in Snyder. Sometimes, as an actor, that's all you can do. I'm sure there have been reassurances that his character will one day become similar to the one he's read about, and that (and his desire to keep working) is probably what's tiding him over.

Plus it's not like he's a big star right now. Ben Affleck may be able to start throwing his wait around BTS because, even if he doesn't play Batman anymore, he has stuff to fall back on (being an acclaimed actor, director, AND writer will do that for you). Cavill doesn't have that same safety net. If The Man from Uncle had done well-enough to become a franchise, then maybe he would have, but it didn't.

Lol. I think he is very proud. People loves him. People loves the interpretation. He managed to make more people care n interested in superman again.

People love him because of his enthusiasm, charm, and good looks. He does a pretty decent job of playing Superman (as far as MOS is concerned; I won't be seeing DOJ for a while), but I wouldn't say that his interpretation of the character is (generally speaking) loved, nor would I say that it's gotten the general public interested in the character again. That what happens when you star in two divisive films in a row.

Plus it's not like he's a big star right now. Ben Affleck may be able to start throwing his wait around BTS because, even if he doesn't play Batman anymore, he has stuff to fall back on (being an acclaimed actor, director, AND writer will do that for you). Cavill doesn't have that same safety net. If The Man from Uncle had done well-enough to become a franchise, then maybe he would have, but it didn't.

I hope he does. As a matter of fact, if it was announced tomorrow that JL would be delayed two years so that Affleck could direct it, I'd be ecstatic.

People love him because of his enthusiasm, charm, and good looks. He does a pretty decent job of playing Superman (as far as MOS is concerned; I won't be seeing DOJ for a while), but I wouldn't say that his interpretation of the character is (generally speaking) loved, nor would I say that it's gotten the general public interested in the character again. That what happens when you star in two divisive films in a row.

Well different opinion we have here surely. But the JL is rolling now :). Can't wait. :p

There doesn't seem to be a lot of world-building for a Superman story/franchise though. I doubt Cavill stays past JL and I doubt WB continues..

You expect no more JL movie then? That's a bit over pessimistic. Maybe we should see how JL1 turn out before jump to that conclusion. It might not be as bad as people expect it to be. Plus if Snyder doesn't stay around to do JL2 then the new director could only add more positive buzz.

Btw, u don't have to tell urself n mindset yourself b4 going into the movie. Just listen to the story with open mind.

Honestly I've given up on snyder "getting" superman (and from what I've seen he doesn't get batman either) and a part of me was happy to see superman....knock on heaven's doors so to speak, just so I won't have to put up with Snyder's asinine interpretation of him but then I remembered that superman is going to be back in JL so the only thing I can do now is stop b****ing, vote with my wallet and not watch JL at all.

Honestly I've given up on snyder "getting" superman (and from what I've seen he doesn't get batman either) and a part of me was happy to see superman....knock on heaven's doors so to speak, just so I won't have to put up with Snyder's asinine interpretation of him but then I remembered that superman is going to be back in JL so the only thing I can do now is stop b****ing, vote with my wallet and not watch JL at all.

What if he got Superman right in JL?:oldrazz: A big #***ing IF of course.

I'm with you here. If Superman got mistreated in JL my money would stay safely in my wallet.

I don't want to watch two or three movies of a Superman I don't care for to finally reach a movie with a Superman that I do.

I simply love this version where he could have a personal interestING life. g.

What life does he have? A shower scene with Lois, some lines with Perry, and what? And, now clark's dead! Going to make that having a life thing a bit hard.

I didn't expect it. Clark is still juggling the weight of public perception on his shoulders with the aftermath of Man of Steel, which had a huge influence on Bruce Wayne's introduction to this Universe. If we would be 5-6 films in and we still don't see Superman in his classic element, then I'd give up. 2 weighty films that needed to play out won't make me give up this easy. We've been wanting a Cinematic Universe for a long time, which means one huge story is in place. I was satisfied with Superman in BvS because you see the classic Superman deep down hiding beneath the self doubt. His sacrifice opens the door for a lot of things. I welcome this version of Superman. There's obviously much more to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"