BvS Henry Cavill IS Superman - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I didn't see Superman's death coming.

Really? I figured it was a lock once they revealed Doomsday in the trailer. No reason to include him unless you plan to off the big blue boy scout.

I agree completely that his death was unearned. But then, it wasn't a real death, not that I ever expected it to be. The chance that WB was actually going to allow Superman to be killed off permanently was always less than zero. And that's why you don't do it: it's a cheap trick much of the audience won't buy from the outset.

What life does he have? A shower scene with Lois, some lines with Perry, and what? And, now clark's dead! Going to make that having a life thing a bit hard.
Well, at least he has a better life than any of the clark in the previous movies. And u can't deny it.

Many suspected the death back when the set photos leaked.

I chuckle every time I hear about Superman's character arc. What arc? He was a plot device to enhance two other heroes. Nothing was planned

3 or 4 films to get the Superman we know and love? That's horrendous I can't get my head around how any Superman could be satisfied with this nonsense, he's being used as a damn door mat for Batman and WW

Last edited:
And it only took Richard Donner ONE movie to get Superman (Christopher Reeve) right.

:up:

And how? To show people embrace him with open arms n cheer for him once he shows up? N singer repeated that in SR? That's why SR get better reviews???

I chuckle ever my time I hear about Superman's character arc. What arc? He was a plot device to enhance two other heroes. Nothing was planned

3 or 4 films to get the Superman we know and love? That's horrendous I can't get my head around how any Superman could be satisfied with this nonsense, he's being used as a damn door mat for Batman and WW
I'm sorry. MOS n BvS are already the superman we love.

Well, at least he has a better life than any of the clark in the previous movies. And u can't deny it.

Those Donner 'Clark' scenes - largely down to Reeve, had so much heart in them.

It was painfully obvious, to the viewer - that Clark had to be a different person at the planet, those little looks of smiling when he won Lois's affection, those little expressions of 'why do i keep having to do this' around staff at the office.

It was all part of the charm.

You could see Clark on the farm come out in 'superman' when he was with lois.

Reeve showed a clark with a wide emotion range - i mean, clark at the office, does he really look like he is living a double life, are there moments where we see him acting the fool or distracting people, then thinking 'really', why can't i just be me.
The closest we got to that was the bar scene in MOS, that was because he had to restrain, but he was being himself at all times.

I garauntee, the moment we show Clark 'playing' the office clark, in any way, it doesn't have to be the buffoon some people think - he will gain a lot more traction, emotionally.

At the moment we see Clark unsure if he should be Superman, but his superman is in a cape.

With Reeve we saw that he could not be himself with anyone besides his family and lois - how lonely is that.

Even Routh managed to show that important aspect of superman.

I am a huge fan - Reeve to me was the perfect superman, it's his iteration that sculpted how i saw Superman. Lois & Clark, for what it was, had charm.

This Snyder version seems to me like Calrk is Clark and is unsure if being superman is wise.

Which i get it, but up the stake, make his personal life a tragedy too, make it so that he tries hard to fit In, but not as himself. Let us see the 3 characters again and that relationship he has with Jimmy, Lois and Perry.

Let us see him make rescues, then for that brief moment he can be himself and give guidance to people.

He saves a cat out the tree, he can be himself for 5 minutes talking to the girl who is never going to link him to CK.

Those Donner 'Clark' scenes - largely down to Reeve, had so much heart in them.

It was painfully obvious, to the viewer - that Clark had to be a different person at the planet, those little looks of smiling when he won Lois's affection, those little expressions of 'why do i keep having to do this' around staff at the office.

It was all part of the charm.

You could see Clark on the farm come out in 'superman' when he was with lois.

Reeve showed a clark with a wide emotion range - i mean, clark at the office, does he really look like he is living a double life, are there moments where we see him acting the fool or distracting people, then thinking 'really', why can't i just be me.
The closest we got to that was the bar scene in MOS, that was because he had to restrain, but he was being himself at all times.

I garauntee, the moment we show Clark 'playing' the office clark, in any way, it doesn't have to be the buffoon some people think - he will gain a lot more traction, emotionally.

At the moment we see Clark unsure if he should be Superman, but his superman is in a cape.

With Reeve we saw that he could not be himself with anyone besides his family and lois - how lonely is that.

Even Routh managed to show that important aspect of superman.

I am a huge fan - Reeve to me was the perfect superman, it's his iteration that sculpted how i saw Superman. Lois & Clark, for what it was, had charm.

This Snyder version seems to me like Calrk is Clark and is unsure if being superman is wise.

Which i get it, but up the stake, make his personal life a tragedy too, make it so that he tries hard to fit In, but not as himself. Let us see the 3 characters again and that relationship he has with Jimmy, Lois and Perry.

Let us see him make rescues, then for that brief moment he can be himself and give guidance to people.

He saves a cat out the tree, he can be himself for 5 minutes talking to the girl who is never going to link him to CK.

Did i read correctly. U want superman to be lonely, can't have family n partner??? Wow. That's dark... that's sad... can superman really smile fr the nottom of his heart???
If i'm clark, i would grab bvs version in a second even knowing i would have died in the end. I would rather dying happy than living lonely.

Is that so? I'm sorry (not really), but he's not.
He's inspired noone. Which is utterly logical, because not even he is sure of 'Superman'.

And for Batman to be so 'changed/inspired' after the BvS death I feel was cheap, unearned and empty.

Basically, not the Superman I love.

Yeah the whole men are still good thing so now Batman it's changed is pretty hollow to me.

Like okay fear superman and plan to kill him (I guess) but how does that make you grow darker and start killing criminals. Are they aliens too? Superman s henchmen? Just a excuse to have snyder show Batman annihilating people honestly. Then superman sacrifices himself and Batman is changed. What bull. Snyder had his plot points and then jammed in justification for them.

But those were only on like the fifth movie, his "arc" wasn't complete yet.

Yet so many people don't know WHO that was or love him. You can't win these argument mate, even the guy playing the part has said its not the Superman we know and love.

Is that so? I'm sorry (not really), but he's not.
He's inspired noone. Which is utterly logical, because not even he is sure of 'Superman'.

And for Batman to be so 'changed/inspired' after the BvS death I feel was cheap, unearned and empty.

Basically, not the Superman I love.

Who had he inspired in all his previous movies?
Btw, batman didn't change or be inspired. He just woke up from his obsession/ prosession. He was almost became the monster himself due to his helplessness in saving his family n employees if only u have watched the movie correctly.

Last edited:
Yet so many people don't know WHO that was or love him. You can't win these argument mate, even the guy playing the part has said its not the Superman we know and love.

I dont have to. It won me. And thats great enough. Consider im a huge fan of reeve superman.

But those were only on like the fifth movie, his "arc" wasn't complete yet.
What arc?
To become like a god, once he shows up, everyone will give him thunderous applause n cheer no end? And he smiles as return? Just like the plane saving scene in SR?

Fans of these movies can't win. They're not lifted straight form the comics so to the 'real' fans he'll never be the 'real' Superman.

He was inspiring though it's true, he's inspired me to give Justice League a miss.

Are you Q?

I like him as Superman, and I like the way we're getting to see him grow (albeit slowly) into a proper hero.

Cavill is perfectly casted as Superman, my problem is the writing interoperation of the character of Superman where he is more anxiety and almost overly conflicted about his place in the world. I mean seriously this Clark kent is joyless and also he is very moody to the point that it's ridiculous we saw this play out in Man of Steel but by the end he had come to terms with who he is. Yet in this film Clark is brooding and he is overly sowrful . I hope this is rectified in Justice League.

I think once they all become a team we'll definitely see a more commanding, confident Superman.

Fans of these movies can't win. They're not lifted straight form the comics so to the 'real' fans he'll never be the 'real' Superman.

And some of you cant see past this oversimplification. He can doubt himself, he can doubt his mission and his place in the world. But after two films the actor playing superman should not be saying he's still not the character the world knows and loves.

He's not growing, he's stuck on repeat until snyder can think of something interesting for him to do. Unfortunately he's just not done playing with Batman yet.

I love Superman in comics but I do have a soft spot for this Superman as well. He was already the Superman I loved at the end of MOS and in BvS I felt like the perfect Superman was still there but the movie chose to show him through the eyes of the cynical world so we didn't get to see all facets of his personality. I wouldn't ***** and moan about his shortcomings if I didn't think he's the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"