Hickman's "Avengers"

You're comparing apples and oranges .
Well I'm comparing two bodies of work from the same writer. And his Ultimate universe writing has always been his strongest writing. I just don't think he's particularly good at writing team books

I never thought bendis Ultimate Spidey was much different of a character than the 616...and I never saw much problems with how Bendis had spidey behave.

Bendis Spidey was mainly along for the ride to help out and tell funny jokes...which in itself is not a problem. But aside from the Raft break arc, I never felt spidey provided much other than comic relief. After 7 years this gets old.

I'm not gonna defend Bendis on his continuity though...he is probably the worst of any major Avengers writer in history here.

Some of his New Avengers vol 1 stuff was good, particularly during the Dark Reign era.

the stuff with molecule man could have been good but just fizzled. Same thing with his mystic stuff..

I wish it was a weekly.

I'd be more interested if it was monthly. I'm expecting to drop the book for that reason. It's got Amazing Spider-Man syndrom for me. Possibly worth it for $4 a month, likely not for $8 a month. I'm giving it a couple issues but I'm already questioning whether or not I'll continue. I want to see Sunspot, Cannonball, and Eden Fesi used first and see how they feel on the team.

Sigh.

I wasn't being literal.

I was expressing my satisfaction with issue #1 and my excitentment over the impending release of issue #2.

I've been out of weekly comics for a long time, I think I stopped (for budget reasons) back when Grant Morrison stopped writing New X-Men.

But I kept up thru the internet and thru trades and I'm a huge fan of Hickman's stuff so I'm back for his Avengers and New Avengers.

I'm really excited to read the next issue, picking the first issue up and going back to my local store has made me feel like a little kid again, now I'm probably gonna get in on a couple other series.

I'm in almost the same boat, Conan :up:

I haven't collected singles of anything in a while, save the occasional small book here and there. I've read some trades but for the most I've been out of comics for a few years now. But they've got me back in with Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers. Big ideas, huge scope, what's sure to be great payoff, it feels like what Avengers should be. I'll probably trade-read stuff like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk and Captain Marvel a lot more regularly than I have been, too.

I wish it was a weekly.
It's almost a weekly if you count New Avengers :oldrazz:

I'm in almost the same boat, Conan :up:

I haven't collected singles of anything in a while, save the occasional small book here and there. I've read some trades but for the most I've been out of comics for a few years now. But they've got me back in with Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers. Big ideas, huge scope, what's sure to be great payoff, it feels like what Avengers should be. I'll probably trade-read stuff like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk and Captain Marvel a lot more regularly than I have been, too.

Agreed. This appears to be the epic kind of storytelling that should be reserved for The Avengers. They are Earth's mightiest heroes after all. I'm excited.

Something about me being in conversations confuses CConn. This is not the first time.

My guess is you have a slightly below average intelligence level that negatively affects your reasoning and logic ability.

tumblr_m6qv5iIl721rt8y2no1_500.gif

My guess is you have a slightly below average intelligence level that negatively affects your reasoning and logic ability.

Your mom has a slightly below average intelligenct thaat ngeativ aofatcs ryasrsldifyz zzzzzzzzzz.

I'm super excited for New Avengers. Black Panther and Namor are two characters that I really enjoy reading. There's so much potential for the both of them now after AvX. And now they're on the same team! It's going to be awesome!!

prv14904_cov.jpg

prv14904_pg1.jpg

prv14904_pg2.jpg

prv14904_pg3.jpg

prv14904_pg4.jpg

prv14904_pg5.jpg

prv14904_pg6.jpg

AVENGERS #3
JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • JEROME OPEÑA (A)
Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER
AVENGERS 50TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT BY DANIEL ACUNA
VARIANT Cover BY ADI GRANOV
VARIANT Cover BY ESAD RIBIC
“THE GARDEN”
• The birth of the New Adam.
• On Mars, the Battle between The Avengers and the Garden comes to a dramatic conclusion.
• “If you want LIFE and all the good things living entails, then you’ll have to earn it.” --Ex Nihilo
32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99

Something tells me they're trying to push this into something like the MMU Avengers.

"MMU"?

Good issue, although Cap's line at the end was a little silly. "This is an Avengers world"? Then again, if you need someone to say something corny, Cap's a good bet. I'm looking forward to seeing where Ex Nihilo and Abyss go after this, and I'm really hoping Hickman gives us some more information about Captain Universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"