Instead of a SEQUEL, how about a CONTINUATION?

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by Binker, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Binker Registered

We all want a sequel, but why not a continuation? A sequel is basically a second story taking place after much time since the story in the first movie. But a continuation picks up where the previous film left off.

The Back to the Future trilogy, The Godfather (1-2 mostly I believe), and the first two Superman movies are all examples of this.

So if BB2 is a continuation, the second story would cut from the lasy shot of Batman gliding at the end of BB. From that: Wayne Manor would be in the rebuilding process so Wayne would live in a penthouse, a reference to the O'Neil/Adams era. And since Batman would have already gotten the Joker card, the detective skills would kick in and be use for the film on the Joker.

Thoughts?

2. Babs Gordon lives

It's an interesting thought. I feel like I'd like a combination of both but at the same time the film can't be overly cluttered. With extra plot stuff like rebuilding the batcave and wayne manor and cleaning up the city after Ra's' attack it might be a little much. I think I'd rather have it be a few months later.

At the same time I can see the appeal of him meeting Joker for the first time and such. From the GPD point of view a continuation would be cool. We'll see what they decide to do!

3. Ronny Shade back for a limited time

I don't think this film is built that way. Halloween? The way that ended, it was great fro H2 to be a continuation. Begins, not so much. I'd rather that BB2 starts after Wayne manor has been rebuilt and stuff. However, that could pose problems: batman and the joker could have already met. (bad idea, we should see their first meeting) or batman could have not even seen the joker after a long time of trying, which is even worse, because he's supposed to be a great detective, and the joker is an attention ****e.

I'm not writing it, so we'll see what the Nolans come up with.

4. Katsuro Registered

I'd prefer a small break in time between films. We could pick up the film after Wayne Manor is in the late stages of being rebuilt, the batcave has been upgraded, and Batman has been relentlessly hunting Joker for some time, but still hasn't managed to get anything significant.

I could see your idea working for 2 and 3 though. Harvey could be scarred at the end of the second, and the third could pick up right after.

5. javi1024 DANGER ZONE!

it is an interesting idea, but like Babs said it would clutter an already seemingly complicated plot for the sequel.

i didnt know about the penthouse though. i guess thats where "The Batman" got the idea of putting bruce in a penthouse the first couple episodes (which i hated....among many other things). but im sure that would throw off alot non-readers and personally i want to see the new cave.

6. Binker Registered

No, the "penthouse" in TB is actually Wayne Manor. Not a penthouse.

7. xceliq Registered

I think this is quiet ******ed. They are taking Batman to hell. This would make it as if the legendary Jack "Joker" never existed. Why cant they just make things simple and have a Joker RETURN and pick the movie up where Batman & Robin left off?

8. raybia Signing off

:up:

9. lujho Registered

Christ, Begins is not a prequel to Batman 89. It's starting the whole thing over, because they *needed* to start over.

How could it possibly be in continuity anyway? Begins was set in 2005, Batman was obviously set 15 years before that, and then to continue again after B&R adds even another layer of stupidity.

They're ignoring the previous films, like they should.

10. raybia Signing off

Welcome to the Hype!:) :up:

11. Ronny Shade back for a limited time

Is there a puke smiley?

12. ragdus Put a smile on that face.

13. Ronny Shade back for a limited time

Thank you. Consider that my response.

...and GrammarBatman's

14. bdsproductions Forever guarding Gotham

[​IMG]

15. bdsproductions Forever guarding Gotham

PS Jacks Joker suuuuuuuuuucked not scaryat all all wrong for it Joker is oooo much diffrent and darker then that and not short and fat

16. bdsproductions Forever guarding Gotham

oh,and another thing:

:doom: BDS says:this ain't a prequel.

17. mcflytrap Registered

BB2 will be more of a sequel meaning that the story arc came full circle in the first one...but you can bet your ass BB3 will be more of a continuation from BB2 with the Dent storyline.

18. SpyderDan Registered

You can't be freakin' serious.

19. titan101 Registered

in the words of carlos mencia:

"DEEDEEDEE!!!!!!!!!!"

20. Two-Face Harvey Dent

WOW! You can't be serious. :rolleyes:

21. bdsproductions Forever guarding Gotham

:doom:internet pshychiatrist Guy Jonhson says:some people are just morons.

22. L0ngsh0t Registered

sorry dude, what you are describing is a seqaul, Halloween 2 is the exact same thing...good idea, but it is just flat out a sequal

23. Ronny Shade back for a limited time

GrammarBatman says, "there's no A in sequel!"
    [​IMG]

24. L0ngsh0t Registered

25. TheDarkKnight_NL Registered

maybe they could start some time later with wayne manor being completely rebuild and just have some sort of a flashback of how Batman met Jack Napier (or Red Hood?) in a chemical factory or something like that?