The Amazing Spider-Man Is Webb going to simply ignore the Spider-sense?

The spider sense not being triggered when Lizard sneaks up on him, I understand the complaints for it. Even I yelled out at the theatre when the spider sense didn't go off, lol, but it's just a simple mistake that Raimi has made in his trilogy as well. No big whoop.

Peter's Spider-sense went off plenty of times in the movie.

1. I'd say that his Spider-sense DID go off in the sewer scene, because he tilts his head and slowly turns around.

2. After the rooftop kiss

3. Final swing

That doesn't mean it was spider sense. If it was, he would've moved a bit quickly, don't you think?

I can accept it as the spider-sense considering Peter was still a "noob" with his powers. Would have been better if they actually had the sound at that point in the movie though.

Well the Spider-sense warms him about impending danger,but it is up to him to save himself.Thats the way it should go

He does sense the Lizard in the sewer but he doesnt react quickly enough
There are instances where he does reach like the whole subway train fight and when he dodges bullets at point blank

I can accept the fact that Peter is not truly aware of the Spider-sense at this point. Like Troy said, he's still a 'noob' at using his powers. The bathroom scene was done pretty well. Imagine you gain super strength and heigthened abilities overnight and how difficult it would be to adjust to that immediate power gain. It's not like he gradually accrued the powers over a period of time and was able to get used to them.

In this case, he may be feeling the 'buzzing or tingling' of the sense but doesn't know how to channel it yet. The subway scene showed this effect really well too. His sense was going off about an impending attack and before he could control it his body was reacting. So, in a way, that's how he looked fast but clumsy at the same time during that scenario and kept apologizing for his actions cause even he wasn't aware of what was happening.

So, the argument is made about the sewer scene. I believe his sense was going off just before the Lizard grabbed him but in this moment he is now aware of the 'tingling' and is in control of it so his body didn't just react but he still doesn't know what it means exactly and therefore he didn't really do anything to avoid the incoming threat. If I remember correctly in that scene he was following those little Lizards and when the tingling sensation went off he sort of cocked his head to the side kinda like how a dog does when it hears a weird sound.

It would have been cool though at some point during the movie Peter thinks out loud and says something to the effect, "Ahh, head tingling...what the heck is that!" And at the same time he says that phrase, has sort of a painful grimace on his face.

I can accept it as the spider-sense considering Peter was still a "noob" with his powers. Would have been better if they actually had the sound at that point in the movie though.

A sound of some sort would have definitely helped it showing that his spider sense did come off during the sewer scene though.

Well the Spider-sense warms him about impending danger,but it is up to him to save himself.Thats the way it should go

He does sense the Lizard in the sewer but he doesnt react quickly enough
There are instances where he does reach like the whole subway train fight and when he dodges bullets at point blank

I don't buy this really. Creeping his head to the side slowly when he reacted much faster in other scenarios when his spider sense went off.

Yeah, the whole train scene kinda showed off his Spidey Sense a bit. Could be like in Ultimate Spider-Man comics where he has no idea what Spidey sense is for a while.

Um...Peter's spider sense DID go off throughout the movie. That high pitch ringing noise was the sound.

What if his spider-sense worked and he reacted in time, every single time, would we care that Spider-Man never gets hit or touched by any incoming danger, ever?

I'm just curious how a movie would look if that happens, it might be interesting to see, then again, he might seem untouchable like Superman.

Last edited:
©KAW;24489135 said:
What if his spider-sense worked and he reacted in time, every single time, would we care that Spider-Man never get hit or touched by any incoming danger, ever?

I'm just curious how a movie would look if that happens, it might be interting to see, then again, he might seem untouchable like Superman.

I would hate that. In fact, I want a spider-man movie where Peter gets really beat up, but still manages to win. Sort of like a DBZ fight.

Did anyone mention the scene where he is kissing Gwen and he catches the football? I know people said when Peter and Gwen kissed, but I'm not sure if that was the one at dinner or on the bleachers.

Did anyone mention the scene where he is kissing Gwen and he catches the football? I know people said when Peter and Gwen kissed, but I'm not sure if that was the one at dinner or on the bleachers.

yeah, i remember hearing the spidersense sound effect

yeah, i remember hearing the spidersense sound effect
And he caught a football while closing his eyes and making out. That should give you a hint that he has a special sense of danger haha. I'm just playin

A sound of some sort would have definitely helped it showing that his spider sense did come off during the sewer scene though.
but it did! well depends og the scene, if is the deleted one when Ratha sprays him idk, but when he is waiting for the lizard it does sound

and after Peter and Gwen kissed , spider-sense is activated after he hears the police sirens and he just stares at them and jumps off the rooftop

Last edited:
It turns out Spidey's spider-sense DOES go off when he's in the sewer, when the Lizard sneaks up on him. The audio cue is there.

It turns out Spidey's spider-sense DOES go off when he's in the sewer, when the Lizard sneaks up on him. The audio cue is there.

exactly actually is the louder one

Perhaps the spider-sense needs to be visual over a faint sound in the background.

How exactly would they make it into something you can see though?

I definitely did not hear a sound going off in the sewers.

ill find the clip , must be out there *goes on an epic internet seach
,just types "the amazing spiderman sewer" on You tube and the first video @1:10
There you go, bacause i can´t actually show it here

I heard a really weird, high pitched sound in the sewers but I thought it was just part of the score and not his spider-sense going off.

A very weird pitch indeed. Had to listen to that clip about four times to distinguish it from the music behind the scene. While still not very clear, you can notice something. I guess it's easier to hear in a small room than a theatre, haha. Much harder to notice than any other scene in the film, imo.

A very weird pitch indeed. Had to listen to that clip about four times to distinguish it from the music behind the scene. While still not very clear, you can notice something. I guess it's easier to hear in a small room than a theatre, haha. Much harder to notice than any other scene in the film, imo.
i can hear it perfectly while lizards´s tail falls

I can hear my parents' sound-thing to keep animals away from their yard whenever I visit their house which anyone can barely here, but I can barely hear Spidey's spider sense going off, lol.

I can hear my parents' sound-thing to keep animals away from their yard whenever I visit their house which anyone can barely here, but I can barely hear Spidey's spider sense going off, lol.
thats awesome. What happened next???

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"