The Force Awakens J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, we're at that stage where people who grew up with those franchises are now the ones behind the camera, so there's a lot of love for these series. Cross pollination of talent is inevitable.

dc99741accc5ebbdfa0e742a8f58c19c_normal.jpeg
Jett Lucas ‏@mrjettlucas
J J Abrams will do wonders!

That should make it official.

Also, we're at that stage where people who grew up with those franchises are now the ones behind the camera, so there's a lot of love for these series. Cross pollination of talent is inevitable.

Hey, the guy is a good director and is a good choice for the role. So I really have no problem with it.

I really do hope he cuts down on the lens flares though. Seriously.

I think he will do great, again his work with characters from Lost, to Star Trek, to even Super 8 was just superb. I think that was the biggest thing missing from the prequels, and something with JJ+Michael we will get in spades, some great characters.

No, I want more lense flares! It can be a physical manifestation of The Force at work, that only the audience can see.

Remember that episode of JJ's Felicity called 'The Force'. Noel was waiting out in line for Episode One! Geez I feel old.

He'll cut back on lens flare because it draws an obvious visual similarity to Star Trek.

Hey, the guy is a good director and is a good choice for the role. So I really have no problem with it.

I really do hope he cuts down on the lens flares though. Seriously.

That's cool, sadly some will see it as him be 'disloyal'. The talent behind and in front of the camera don't owe the fans anything other than making the best possible film they can, there's no loyalty with these franchises.

I hope this doesn't turn into a Superman Returns/X-Men 3 situation. That's kind of what it feels like.

I'm pretty damn sure that his time with Trek is over and if Into Darkness is as good as it looks I'll definitely be disappointed but he loves Star Wars more so can we blame him? I just hope this franchise jump turns out better for him than it did Bryan Singer.

He'll cut back on lens flare because it draws an obvious visual similarity to Star Trek.

I actually agree with that, and I'm sure that will be the case. He will keep in line with the visual style that the OT already has laid out I'm sure.

I don't know, we can blame him for lying I suppose.

With JJ at the helm, I really do hope that Karl Urban gets some part in it. I think he is a very under-rated actor.

Agreed. Although I haven't seen all his stuff what I have seen I liked. Well...I've forgotten most of Doom.

I'm betting that Joss Whedon will end up directing one of the new films. He wants the job and would have jumped for the chance for Episode VII if it weren't for the Avengers 2.

That would be great!

Another minor side effect of this news...the new Star Wars director has a working relationship with a Nolan.

:dry: The N-word still makes a appearance...
:p
This is definitely more likely. Whedon is Disney's golden boy right now.

Yeah, seems to be a obvious for Whedon to eventually some Star Wars film with Disney

Thank the Gods.

No, Thank the Force!

Man the steam was taken out of my happy train when I read the rumour that a teenage girl will be the lead, no thanks!

I only really blame him for lying in an incredibly uncreative way.

Simply lying is kind of lame when you know you have to lie to cover something like this up.

Personally, I think the best thing about this is that Abrams, given his sensibilities, will likely be able to bring back some of the classic, swashbuckling action/adventure feel to the...

Crap...what's this trilogy going to be called? The Newer Trilogy?

Personally, I think the best thing about this is that Abrams, given his sensibilities, will likely be able to bring back some of the classic, swashbuckling action/adventure feel to the...

Sequel Trilogy maybe?

Man the steam was taken out of my happy train when I read the rumour that a teenage girl will be the lead, no thanks!

What if it's academy award nominated actress and all around Goddess Jennifer Lawrence playing the Teenage Skywalker?

Ya know, the last time a fan-favorite director left one big franchise after two films for his childhood dream project on another bigger franchise, we got Superman Returns.

I hate being the guy to point that out :funny:, I'm very excited about VII and want it to be great. I just don't want to overhype it for myself.

Let's call it the POT, heh. (Post-original trilogy)

I actually agree with that, and I'm sure that will be the case. He will keep in line with the visual style that the OT already has laid out I'm sure.

Definitely. And your avvy comment in the other thread was hurtful. :csad:...mostly because it's true.

What if it's academy award nominated actress and all around Goddess Jennifer Lawrence playing a teenager?

Jen's probably getting a bit to old to be playing teenagers, she even looks too old in THG but then again so do most of the cast so you kinda don't notice.

Ya know, the last time a fan-favorite director left one big franchise after two films for his childhood dream project on another bigger franchise, we got Superman Returns.

I hate being the guy to point that out :funny:, I'm very excited about VII and want it to be great. I just don't want to overhype it for myself.
I have a similar feeling and I already pointed this out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"