Xbox Jade Empire

Swordmaster

Big Damn Hero
Reaction score
jadeempire_cover_768.jpg

Discuss Bioware's RPG here.

Personally, this is one of my favorite current-gen games. Pretty much everything about it is awesomel the story, the controls(if a bit simplistic).

EH, I'm gushing. Discuss

LOL, I'll break the mode and say that it was a meh experience for me. The combat was a bit too simple also. At least Kingdom Hearts kept my ADD satisfied.

I got bored with it, after the stupid cricket plane **** crashed, I just knew I would never get into it

I heard it's coming out for PC. any word on when?

I can see why some people would love it, but it just wasn't for me. If I never played KotOR, I probably would have liked it much more.

1.) Kotor
2.) Jade Empire

But a very close margain. My two favorite overall games on the Xbox, and some of my favorite games of all-time. :up::up:

i thought it was a fun game just a little bit to short finished it in one day :o

How do you beat Jade Empire in a single day? I remember it took me about two weeks.

Gammy79 said:
My favorite Xbox RPG.
I love everything about it.

Tchbo! :mad::down

Kotor > Jade Empire

But I agree, Jade Empire pwns, Bioware can do no wrong. Mass Effect FTW!!

WhatsHisFace said:
Did you not play Ninja Gaiden or Riddick?

Riddick is up there, after Halo and Ninja Gaiden. But I forgot Ninja Gaiden actually, it's probably 1 up on JE, but just below Kotor.

I got this recently and loved it. It got me really looking forward to Mass Effect, which should be awesome. Never played KOTOR though, not a star wars fan.

XwolverineX said:
Tchbo! :mad::down

Kotor > Jade Empire

But I agree, Jade Empire pwns, Bioware can do no wrong. Mass Effect FTW!!

KOTOR1 is like 0.000000001 inches below Jade Empire, so it's all good.

Gammy79 said:
KOTOR1 is like 0.000000001 inches below Jade Empire, so it's all good.

Graphics: advantage Jade Empire

Story: even but I didn't find the NPCs in Jade Empire nearly as interesting as the NPCs in KOTOR1.

Combat: advantage Jade Empire (you could die in any fight if you weren't careful but in KOTOR1once you levelled up you were unstoppable)

WhatsHisFace said:
I can see why some people would love it, but it just wasn't for me. If I never played KotOR, I probably would have liked it much more.
Very true as it plays and feels almost identical to KOTOR1. It seems that Biowares process was to take KOTOR1 change the setting to a fantasy take on Sung to Ming China upgrade the graphics and alter the combat a bit and there you have Jade Empire. I mean I'm playing through the Jade empire (really playing not just off and on) and it's narrative is like BW just copied and pasted KOTOR1's. It hits almost the exact same notes as KOTOR1. You have some big secret that they are holding back for a surprise 2/3's of the way through,
just like your Revan in KOTOR1
. Dawn Star=Bastilla Shan, female side kick who is trained along side you and has a rare and unique gift. A student at the academy is/goes bad, Gao the lesser and 2 people at the Dantooine academy. I forget they're names though. :o A guy who lost his kid, Sky and Carth. Muscle with a dark past, Black Whirlwind and Canderos Ordo. Precocious young female with a big burly protector, Mission and Zalbaar=Wild flower and Chai Ka. Not bad but I have major deja-vu whilst playing.

WhatsHisFace said:
Did you not play Ninja Gaiden or Riddick?
I never played either beyond a demo. Hence why I never even rented Ninja Gaiden, it was cornball and boring.

lars573 said:
Very true as it plays and feels almost identical to KOTOR1. It seems that Biowares process was to take KOTOR1 change the setting to a fantasy take on Sung to Ming China upgrade the graphics and alter the combat a bit and there you have Jade Empire. I mean I'm playing through the Jade empire (really playing not just off and on) and it's narrative is like BW just copied and pasted KOTOR1's. It hits almost the exact same notes as KOTOR1. You have some big secret that they are holding back for a surprise 2/3's of the way through,
just like your Revan in KOTOR1
. Dawn Star=Bastilla Shan, female side kick who is trained along side you and has a rare and unique gift. A student at the academy is/goes bad, Gao the lesser and 2 people at the Dantooine academy. I forget they're names though. :o A guy who lost his kid, Sky and Carth. Muscle with a dark past, Black Whirlwind and Canderos Ordo. Precocious young female with a big burly protector, Mission and Zalbaar=Wild flower and Chai Ka. Not bad but I have major deja-vu whilst playing.

I never played either beyond a demo. Hence why I never even rented Ninja Gaiden, it was cornball and boring.

Ninja Gaiden is one of teh best games ever, you fail. :o And Riddick is so unique and awesome, play it.

XwolverineX said:
Ninja Gaiden is one of teh best games ever, you fail. :o And Riddick is so unique and awesome, play it.
No. Ninja Gaiden=:down . Riddick I've never even played.

I think my 6:1 ratio of Xbox to PS2 games bespeaks the opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"