Jared Leto IS The Joker - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah his joker would've been better had he not been neutered to pieces.

DCAU Joker and Harley.

14199728_519981204864496_5195576450095598433_n.jpg

So did anyone like Leto's Joker as much as I did? He wasn't my favorite, but I thought he was a very worthy successor to Ledger.

I loved him, and I know there's more to come.

What I'm happy about is we're gonna see him again, unlike Nicholson's and Ledgers (for different reasons of course).

So did anyone like Leto's Joker as much as I did? He wasn't my favorite, but I thought he was a very worthy successor to Ledger.

Yes. I wouldn't say he's better than Ledger, but Leto's iteration of the Joker is my favorite. An ultimate cut would further cement that position.

I thought the helicopter scene was terrible. I thought the Joker was difficult to watch in it and I did not like his lines.

Snap. Nothing about this version worked for me. Truly awful.

Speaking of revelations, regwec responds to my opinion on Letoker with a salty remark? What a shock :o

Last edited:
And Astro13Zombie replies with a laughing smiley. Well this is all just too much. I need to sit down. Never saw that coming either!

lol this funny and true

[YT]5ebZVowE9-Y[/YT]

I thought the helicopter scene was terrible. I thought the Joker was difficult to watch in it and I did not like his lines.

Agreed. Design of him bad too.

What a revelation :funny:

The bait is strong with this one.

Anyways, Leto's Joker was solid in my view, really dig his introduction, but this character didn't get much material to follow, at least what was in the theaters.

Some people forget these are just fictional characters, not life. Here's hoping for more.

The bait is strong with this one.

Anyways, Leto's Joker was solid in my view, really dig his introduction, but this character didn't get much material to follow, at least what was in the theaters.

Some people forget these are just fictional characters, not life. Here's hoping for more.

Yep. At the end of the day it's meant to just be entertainment and I was entertained by what we did get of Leto.

Yes. I wouldn't say he's better than Ledger, but Leto's iteration of the Joker is my favorite. An ultimate cut would further cement that position.

Same here! Then of course I couldn't possibly be less objective here :woot:

I think that's the scene that I'm most pissed off about being cut up. Looks like a whole lot of stuff happened in that room.

I think that's the scene that I'm most pissed off about being cut up. Looks like a whole lot of stuff happened in that room.

Yup, the Joker was definitely up-to something sick and twisted in that scene and WB got cold feet to show something extremely violent and it got cut.

As someone who really liked the movie, I just hate to see all this deleted scenes come to light because these should never have got cut in the first place. :cmad:

I'm excited to see more of him, like I said previously I think Leto did enough to put his own stamp on the character and I will be disappointed if they recast or he doesn't return. I loved Joker in All-Star Batman & Robin and the Azzarello graphic novel, which Leto's character seems to be most based off, so the idea of a modern gangster-like Joker fascinates me.

Don't really like comparing him to Ledger, the universes are so different, no way I could see Harley in the Nolanverse.

On an unrelated note, Tony Daniel did a cool mash up of Letoker with the comics, something like this in the DCEU would of been awesome!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJwiYRzDDcM/

i really enjoyed his take as the The Joker, I'm probably bias cause i'm a huge fan of Jared Leto both on screen and his stuff with 30 seconds to mars but i really liked how he balanced his crazy while also maintaining a more modern gangster/dealer/crime boss vibe

my only critique was his scenes as everyone knows were edited down, hopefully we get them but even with his limited screentime i got the impression that this joker like Ben's batman has been established, as well as this joker being very image focused with his flashy suits, the car and his harley by his side and the tattoos that feel like trophies of his past deeds (stabbing the bat) the bird

I can't really compare his joker to Heath's, Jack's or Mark's because i like all of the different interpretations for different reasons

I loved him, and I know there's more to come.

What I'm happy about is we're gonna see him again, unlike Nicholson's and Ledgers (for different reasons of course).

And I think they are using the deleted scenes as contreversial marketing to promote the Joker Character. SS is a success all the way around. Because other characters got introduced and everybody wants more Joker!!! I think they shot a lot of the footage and are doing a two for one deal and saving money.

Yup, the Joker was definitely up-to something sick and twisted in that scene and WB got cold feet to show something extremely violent and it got cut.

As someone who really liked the movie, I just hate to see all this deleted scenes come to light because these should never have got cut in the first place. :cmad:

i really enjoyed his take as the The Joker, I'm probably bias cause i'm a huge fan of Jared Leto both on screen and his stuff with 30 seconds to mars but i really liked how he balanced his crazy while also maintaining a more modern gangster/dealer/crime boss vibe

my only critique was his scenes as everyone knows were edited down, hopefully we get them but even with his limited screentime i got the impression that this joker like Ben's batman has been established, as well as this joker being very image focused with his flashy suits, the car and his harley by his side and the tattoos that feel like trophies of his past deeds (stabbing the bat) the bird

I can't really compare his joker to Heath's, Jack's or Mark's because i like all of the different interpretations for different reasons

Totally agree here... My only issue with Joker is the editing and it sure was a mess. Of the actors who have portrayed the Joker in other adaptations...they are meant to be different takes on the character. Ledger's Joker was great and all...but it takes a good deal to bring something different to the table which is what I like to see...and Jared brought something that felt a little more appealing and fun, dark and twisted. I can't honestly form an opinion based on 6-7 mins of screen time with bad choppy editing...it was all over the place. So hopefully, next time, we'll get a better outstanding performance in more to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"