Jared Leto IS The Joker - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosling will end up in a comic book movie one day, I'd bet good money on that.

And I agree wholly there, they absolutely need to put Leto's Joker in the upcoming solo film. I don't care about Deathstroke, I want more of Leto's Joker. He deserves it after having his SS performance be chopped all to Hell.

You should care about Deathstroke because he is a bawse

Maybe he can still play the main villain while Joker gets a supporting (but still much more prominent ) role? Or vice versa?

And I agree wholly there, they absolutely need to put Leto's Joker in the upcoming solo film. I don't care about Deathstroke, I want more of Leto's Joker. He deserves it after having his SS performance be chopped all to Hell.

Yep, all of this. I don't think introducing new characters at that point is a good idea, it's already starting off wrong - let's start with big ensembles instead of solo movies. Now they are adding more and more people in when they imho manage to give us one successful and not underutilized attempt at character per movie.

People think im crazy, im the biggest Joker fan ever, im going to say that Leto could have been the best and still could be. WB is not only letting the fans down, its letting its actors down. Im scared that Leto is out. By the studio and by his own will. Under Affleck he may shine. But im afraid its done. I love all our film Jokers. But i was most excited for his, even though i dont really like him and hate his band. Hahahahaha. What a shame.

You might be right, but the point appears to be moot because Gosling thinks he's too good for superhero movies. He regularly bashes them in interviews whenever someone asks about the possibility of him appearing in one. Still, you never know. Russell Crowe used to be adamant that he would never appear in a comic book movie and look what happened.

Back on topic - I really hope that the Jared Leto Joker appears in Ben Affleck's solo Batman film. I think it would be a nice combo to have him behind the scenes pulling the strings while Deathstroke serves as the more physical threat.

Affleck will have a lot of leeway in his depiction of The Joker, because there was so little of the character in Suicide Squad that Leto can basically do whatever he wants going forward - assuming he's willing to reprise the role. I can totally understand his public disappointment with the whole experience of Suicide Squad, which I share. I was really looking forward to his performance and in the end, there was barely anything there.

If I was Leto, I'd be pissed. Nobody goes full over-the-top method actor, works out extensively, and shaves off their eyebrows for what amounts to a glorified cameo.

I don't have a problem with his screen time, I have a problem with what they showed us. This is the return of THE JOKER for crying out loud, you have to come in guns blazing and really show the audience what is up. Had they really gone in and shown us the full torture scene and even possibly shown us less of Leto's Joker but the impact was greater... I don't think we would all be complaining about it.
I feel they showed us the "least violent" of what Leto shot during the movie, which just can't happen...he is a villain...a crazy one at that who does violent acts.
I wanted to see Leto's Joker move around more and do more action stuff...you telling me Leto put on weight and bulked up to hold a gun for a few seconds?
I still can't believe there was no Batman/Joker interaction other than the car chase...

People think im crazy, im the biggest Joker fan ever, im going to say that Leto could have been the best and still could be. WB is not only letting the fans down, its letting its actors down. Im scared that Leto is out. By the studio and by his own will. Under Affleck he may shine. But im afraid its done. I love all our film Jokers. But i was most excited for his, even though i dont really like him and hate his band. Hahahahaha. What a shame.

tumblr_inline_obef34uHbj1qfhem1_500.gif

I think he will be back, he took that Blade Runner gig for WB after all

And his profile picture is still him as the Joker. He's not giving up this role.

Leto will wait for some time, if he feels that Joker is not getting any attention in any of the Batman movies or other DC movies .. he may leave.

Wouldn't surprise me if WB offered him a role in Blade Runner as a way of extending an olive branch.

Leto's Joker looks so good here and I think he was particularly brilliant in this scene.

761ee584713deff4c6893a7ebab88905.gif

Leto will wait for some time, if he feels that Joker is not getting any attention in any of the Batman movies or other DC movies .. he may leave.

Well, considering he's signed o for multiple movies, I doubt it'll be incredibly long before we see him again. Especially with a Harley Quinn movie in the works. He's sure to turn up there in some way, shape or form.

With all these Joker scenes, among others, that you can find on YouTube and elsewhere, there's no way the DVD or at least Blu-Ray doesn't have some deleted scenes.

For anyone who says that there isn't potential in Jared's joker, just rewatch the helicopter scene. That was perfect. He just needs to find out what works best and drop the rest.

All he needs is more solid material to work with.

Or for his performance to actually make it to screen.

he signed a multiple films contract ,but the batman solo film is the only way he could appear again in the DC Universe

im sure he will be the vilain off batfleck movie, its obvious, i think this is why they changed the End Of the SS Movie with Him delivering Harley

I thought the helicopter scene was terrible. I thought the Joker was difficult to watch in it and I did not like his lines.

So did anyone like Leto's Joker as much as I did? He wasn't my favorite, but I thought he was a very worthy successor to Ledger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"