Jared Leto IS The Joker - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
61605589.jpg

Good one, dude! I can't stop laughing at this! Keep 'em comin'! ROTFLMAOOOOOOO

We really need a few pages of Marilyn Manson jokes, then some pictures of Cavill and Affleck with photoshopped tats. That would really be ****ing hilarious.

We really need a few pages of Marilyn Manson jokes, then some pictures of Cavill and Affleck with photoshopped tats. That would really be ****ing hilarious.

OMG! If that happened I would literally laugh my ash off! SOOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!

...and original.

When one see's people doing these elaborate mental gymnastics in trying to justify an iffy design then you know something is off.
Isn't this the sort of dismissiveness towards opposing opinions that mods are taking issue with?

Good talk, I guess :up:.

Perhaps there should be a thread for people who don't like the look, it appears that our presence is really bothering the people who actually enjoy it.

@Boom Not at all. Which is why I was responding directly to the Joker and not attacking anyone else.

Some of these theories and explanations in regards to the Joker's design just seem to be reaching a bit. Again, that's just my view and there have been many theories as a fan that I've enjoyed that take a lot of external reasoning rather than just simply "feeling" right like the Affleck Batman costume for example.

It wasn't supposed to be taken as an insult in any way.

I'd make the thread myself, but I don't want to jump the gun without a mod's approval.

Maybe we can call it

Damaged: The official "We are not fond of Leto's look" thread

Perhaps there should be a thread for people who don't like the look, it appears that our presence is really bothering the people who actually enjoy it.

I'm not bothered by people who don't enjoy it. I'm just bothered by the same bitter, snarky memes getting posted repeatedly ad infinitum in place of substantive arguments.

People can post this **** all the live long day, but then if I critique it everyone wants to retreat to an alternate thread? That's silly.

There is no "everyone wants to retreat to an alternate thread" just one guy making a suggestion.

I can understand how annoying some posts can get as they can sometimes derail quality discussion, so why not just give those posts a place to be made where people who actually like the look don't have to go?

They did it in the F4 boards, so maybe it could work here too.

@Boom Not at all. Which is why I was responding directly to the Joker and not attacking anyone else.

Some of these theories and explanations in regards to the Joker's design just seem to be reaching a bit. Again, that's just my view and there have been many theories as a fan that I've enjoyed that take a lot of external reasoning rather than just simply "feeling" right like the Affleck Batman costume for example.

It wasn't supposed to be taken as an insult in any way.
My apologies, Craig.

I'm running on like ten hours of sleep for the week so reading comprehension hasn't exactly been my strongest suit the last several days :funny:.

There is no "everyone wants to retreat to an alternate thread" just one guy making a suggestion.

I can understand how annoying some posts can get as they can sometimes derail quality discussion, so why not just give those posts a place to be made where people who actually like the look don't have to go?

They did it in the F4 boards, so maybe it could work here too.

The F4 boards needed it. I don't think it's necessary here.

Most people can engage in pretty civil conversations here. I say that as a fan of the look, I'm not bothered by non-fans. I do get tired of people making the same tired jokes for lawls instead of actually contributing anything. Those people, in my mind at least, don't deserve a thread. They should just stop doing it.

I, personally, don't look to insult those who like the look...I myself just can't fully get on board with it. Just seems odd to make these changes to the Joker.

And is DC's solution to revamping major villains' look to give them tattoos? First Lex, now the Joker. Who next? Darkseid?

I mean, would I prefer a classic style Joker? Sure, any day of the week. Am I fine with this look? Do I think Leto will knock this out of the park? Absolutely.

The F4 boards needed it. I don't think it's necessary here.

Most people can engage in pretty civil conversations here. I say that as a fan of the look, I'm not bothered by non-fans. I do get tired of people making the same tired jokes for lawls instead of actually contributing anything. Those people, in my mind at least, don't deserve a thread. They should just stop doing it.

If we were being honest, there have been just as many, if not more, condescending jokes directed at those who don't like the look. The difference is one side is making fun of a costume design, the other side is directing jokes at members on this site. Personally it's whatever, it's annoying but I can handle it but let's not pretend that it doesn't go both ways.

It is, perhaps, a bit disappointing see thoughtful and carefully written explorations of the creative choices underlying the design juxtaposed with variants on the "Maralin Mason LOL" jibe. But, whatever, it is hardly laborious to skip an uninteresting post.

You know what? Let's try an exercise. For all the people who don't like how this joker looks, say one nice thing about him. I'll start.

I can't wait to see Ben Affleck punch him in the head a bunch of times. Now someone else go!

Jared might be done, the pic is in black and white on his snapchat but his hair looks black again.

You know what? Let's try an exercise. For all the people who don't like how this joker looks, say one nice thing about him. I'll start.

I can't wait to see Ben Affleck punch him in the head a bunch of times. Now someone else go!

I like how he looks in motion.

I, personally, don't look to insult those who like the look...I myself just can't fully get on board with it. Just seems odd to make these changes to the Joker.

And is DC's solution to revamping major villains' look to give them tattoos? First Lex, now the Joker. Who next? Darkseid?
ElMayimbe is not Warner Bros...
Jared might be done, the pic is in black and white on his snapchat but his hair looks black again.
Maybe because it was a black and white pic? :funny:

The pics on set were from filming yesterday... and his looks were on character. Not sure from what are you basing this on :huh:

As each day goes by, I hate this Joker design more and more. Simply I can't buy it. Just hope Leto's performance isnt bad as design is. I think i will walk out of theater in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"