Jean/Logan: The Evolving Relationship.

Logan/Scott rivalry is hilarious. Have you read Astonishing X-men 14?

I cannot believe that people are still insisting that one side dominates the other. How about this one? Maybe both ends of the spectrum are right! We as human beings are multi-faceted, just as these characters have been crafted to be. Yes, Jean and Scott are great, they represent a great iconic, stable couple.. BUT that doesnt change the fact that Wolverine and Jean also have a fantastic connection.. They are able to co-exist.. The films are different people. The films prefer one side, most obviously (without truly making a decision out of it).. So everyone should seriously cool down about it. Wolverine is popular, we all know that, but one should keep an open mind still.. I never liked Wolverine, Im not into the violence and Machismo attitude. But I will say that this relationship has made something about him likeable, it gives him a soul. It's multi-faceted and flawed for these characters to love one another and its what makes it so great.. On film and off..

Thanks, by the way, to the person who started this thread. Seeing as how you aren't even a Jean/Logan fan, it was especially generous. First, a disclaimer: I mean no disrespect to Jean/Scott fans. I usually am all for the long-term love-eternal kind of relationships, but I've never read the comics, so I'm sure that makes a huge difference, because I know very little about Scott and the development of his relationship with Jean. However, that said, I expect Scott to die or at least disappear in X3, so I don't think anything that happens between Logan and Jean will intentionally violate their engagement status.

Good girls always fall for bad boys -- that's just kind of the way it goes, and Jean is no exception. Problem is, it doesn't usually work out, and I don't think Jean and Logan will end happily-ever-after. It will be a tragic love story (as many of the greatest are), which I think is going to be very intense, which is part of the reason why I like it.

Jean, up to this point in the films, has always been in denial of her feelings toward Logan. (Incidentally, that's how I'm interpreting the X3 kiss -- Jean's mental barriers and self-control have finally been broken down by the Phoenix force -- and everything inside comes flooding out, including her strongly suppressed passion for the Wolverine.)

And for Logan, Jean has long been the Unattainable thing. If there's one thing I love about Logan, it's his lowliness. He is a tragic hero. He has suffered again and again, but deep down he has retained his heroic qualities, his honor and his courage. Jean sees this -- it's precisely why she has such strong feelings for him and not just lust. But would the princess ever look twice at the peasant boy? Would the hand of the maiden ever caress the head of a mangy dog? Could Beauty love a beast? Never! But then...it happens. Logan will be elated, finally tasting the sweetness of Jean's returned affection -- something he yearned for, but had abandoned all hope of ever knowing.

And then, just a moment after the miracle, it all comes crashing down. Jean, deaf to Logan's desperate pleas, turns completely evil, and abandons Logan and the X-men for good. This is where it gets really good. Because Logan will now have nothing to hope to gain from loving Jean, but I'm guessing that love her he will -- until death parts them. And I think this will be a story that includes Logan, the hero, seeking the redemption of one who is totally and utterly lost to goodness, even to the point of being prepared to surrender his own life to bring her back. Does this story line sound familiar to anyone out there? A cyber-star to anyone who can name that theme!

I have read the comics, including most of Jean/Scott's greatest and worst moments, and I still prefer Jean/Logan.

FieryBalrog said:
I have read the comics, including most of Jean/Scott's greatest and worst moments, and I still prefer Jean/Logan.

thank you! :up:

Redd_Angel said:
thank you! :up:

**sighs**

ok, i'm taking a count of how many different people like the relationship.... so far i have about 4..... i think.... lol, i duno

FieryBalrog said:

You rock! I've never read the comics, so I feel obligated to give the benefit of the doubt, but it's hard for me to imagine preferring Scott over the Wolverine, especially in a relationship with Jean.

Yes of course, pair Jean and Logan up. They'll last what? 12 comics issues? What with Wolverine splitting his time up in 14 different titles you know he'll be hooking up with the likes of Yuriko, Silver Fox (you know she's not dead), Tiger Lilly, Elektra and any ol' tramp he can find. Then Jean can go ballistic and fry his worthless ass... with the added bonus that a lot more people will come to dislike the smelly runt. So yeah, let's do it! :up:

Endeavor got it.

It'd be funny to watch these two gewt together, if only to see how fast the fans wouyld turn on this relationship. Marvel's smart enough to know that hooking them up is jumping the shark...

I don't see them hooking up in the end of x3. Why? Cause Scott will show his up and prove his love for Jean and in the end, she'll come back to her senses and realize what she has done. She'll see Scott... then she'll turn her back on the brotherhood and save her friends.

LOL... when I first read the thread title, I thought it said "Revolving' Relationship....

Eeeww Jeany and Wovie are swingers!

Seriously, Let's just take all the good literature that writer's are stuggling to inject new ideas and put those ideas in movie adaptations. Once those concepts have a mass fandom following 'adapting' the source material will be no problem at all. I say we start with the Bible... Oops Davinci beat us to it!

Only after the jean/logan part of the flick is so heavily focused on, we dont care about scott and jean

I predict this thread is gonna turn ugly... at some point...no matter how hard I try...-backs away from the thread-

It dosent matter. No matter how much debate will happen, the fact is, is that its generally excepted that Scott and Jean are basically soulmates and that jean and logan are nothing more than close friends with a deep bond, or unrequited love. They tease it because it creates tension. I doubt they'll ever fully have a relationhsip, simply because the tension would be gone.

The Batman said:
It dosent matter. No matter how much debate will happen, the fact is, is that its generally excepted that Scott and Jean are basically soulmates and that jean and logan are nothing more than close friends with a deep bond, or unrequited love. They tease it because it creates tension. I doubt they'll ever fully have a relationhsip, simply because the tension would be gone.

That I agree 100% and I've said it a lot in my other posts. Enough said.

The Batman said:

:up:
but i also think that no matter who logan has had or will have a relationship with, he'll always care for jean the most- which makes it brilliant! because jean's actually the one person he most cares about but will never have coz jean's with scott. :o

but don't get me wrong, i still prefer logan over scott, but i like the tension that jean and logan have right now (even if i understand that their relationship won't go any further) :O

I like it. I want the smelly runt to suffer! :p

DarknessOfDeath said:
That I agree 100% and I've said it a lot in my other posts. Enough said.

That's always going to be true whether the movie confirms it or not. It only one depiction of the story. Nomatter what happens Jean and cott with be souldmates (from the comics and cartoons) so it really doesn't matter that much.

It would just be nice to have it confirmed on screen and convince me that the producers of the movies aren't unsentimental idiots.

besides, they only made the Logan/Jean relationship (or what little of it) to add drama to the x movies. It'd be a little bit boring without it. You know, watching a perfect jean/scott relationship while Logan is happy for them? You know? It's not really like him to just leave things as it is. They just made them flirt in the movies cause Logan has been known to mess with the rules and be a badass. lol

deep_thinkin said:
besides, they only made the Logan/Jean relationship (or what little of it) to add drama to the x movies. It'd be a little bit boring without it. You know, watching a perfect jean/scott relationship while Logan is happy for them? You know? It's not really like him to just leave things as it is. They just made them flirt in the movies cause Logan has been known to mess with the rules and be a badass. lol

It would have been a LOT more interesting if they actually made it a two sided scenario, youw know where people can actually say 'hey Scott and Jean have this real deep thing going too". But no, thats not there. We've just been told they have a deep meaningful relationship and attraction for each other, but haven't seen evidence of it. Of course if people actually got to connect with Scott's side of the equation then there'd be more that would see Logan as the actual "dick" and we can't have anybody thinking badly of our "badass" hero, now can we? bleh

Endeavor said:
It would have been a LOT more interesting if they actually made it a two sided scenario, youw know where people can actually say 'hey Scott and Jean have this real deep thing going too". But no, thats not there. We've just been told they have a deep meaningful relationship and attraction for each other, but haven't seen evidence of it. Of course if people actually got to connect with Scott's side of the equation then there'd be more that would see Logan as the actual "dick" and we can't have anybody thinking badly of our "badass" hero, now can we? bleh

Yes. That would have really spiced things up a bit to REALLY see Scott/Jean really act a little more romantic and get Scott's side. But yeah, since Logan is supposed to be the main charater, they make him look acceptable. **shrugs** But yet, him being a somewhat badass is what makes me a Logan fan.

oooh - "Jean and Logan" music in the soundtrack. uhhm... tearjerker perhaps? :p

Wolveine is in love with jean but those feeling are unrequited..Jean cares for him...she loves cyclops and only cyclops...Jean/logan will never happen..this relationship in the movies is just blown out of proportion..My first post

welcome mike!!! :D

yeah, i agree that jean/logan relationship won't really get that far.

i think that the way the jean/logan relationship is portrayed in the movies is quite accurate - sure there's flirting going on between them, sure they kiss - but those things happened in the comics as well. i don't really think that cyclops or cyclops fans should feel betrayed or threatened at all coz although jean loves logan, it's a different kind of love, and it's still jean and scott, scott and jean in the end. :)

lol. i can't stop talking about this!!

Redd_Angel said:
welcome mike!!! :D

yeah, i agree that jean/logan relationship won't really get that far.

i think that the way the jean/logan relationship is portrayed in the movies is quite accurate - sure there's flirting going on between them, sure they kiss - but those things happened in the comics as well. i don't really think that cyclops or cyclops fans should feel betrayed or threatened at all coz although jean loves logan, it's a different kind of love, and it's still jean and scott, scott and jean in the end. :)

lol. i can't stop talking about this!!
hey..wuzup...thats fine but the relationship is just one sided tell me scenes where you see jean cyke romatic in the movies...Jean loves logan thats funny..I just want thoughts and proof of that other that just fan speculation...in the movies i thinks its lust.in the comics jean never hinted she loves wovlerine she was just attracted to him..if you can find thought bubble that jean says i want logan show me...jean thinking of wolverine bubbles can be found in X2 novel by claremont who made wolverin and jean character.....and is responsible for the triangle....This is good for marvel anyway fanboys love whats goin on in the movie between jean and logan..$$$$

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"