Jean/Logan: The Evolving Relationship.

Discussion in 'X-Men 1, 2 & 3' started by Jennifer Walters, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Kurosawa Registered

That's 100% true. She never had feelings for him in the original stories. that's a retcon and a disgusting one. It's led to the complete, revolting blasphemous farce that is X3 and is partially responsable for Cyclops certain death in that idiotic piece of **** movie.

Stuff like that is why I will always ****ing hate Wolverine.

2. FieryBalrog Registered

Thank you for putting it out so clearly. :up: :)

3. Darkie ~Burn Emma Burn!!!~

Jean has attraction of him (wolvie) or maybe not?

4. Kurosawa Registered

Anybody who understands the first thing about Cyclops knows that that scene and indeed the whole Emma relationship is COMPLETELY out of character for Scott and is 110% bull****.

5. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

Dude...I've seen that scene like 20 times. -sighs- its my fave... i mean come on...she tickled him. ;) hehe. oi... atleast he was gentle when he touched her hand..that time. :p i think the scene was a start of their "friendship" ... Damn that tickles... hehe. er... -sighs- I can't explain how I feel about the whole scene. Its cute and sad... :( That was my fave Jean/Logan moment. "U wanna be my best friend, Jean?" "Sure, Logan. Friends forever" errr not...:p hence X3.

6. Abaddon Watching

He's referring to Jeans return post-Planet X.

7. Abaddon Watching

Guys don't flirt that much with women,unless we want something.Something that rhymes with wussy.

8. DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

-pouts- If anyone is interested in a website related to Jean/Logan... PM Me... Im also thinking of doing a Jean/Scott one too...

9. FieryBalrog Registered

The only time she returns post Planet X is Endsong, and that happens before Endsong.

Unless you mean HCT, which is what my "Live" comment addresses.

Its meaningless to say anyone forced Cyke and Emma to tongue each other in a graveyard.

10. FieryBalrog Registered

Well I'd agree, but that's whats happening in comics right now and its pretty much here to stay by every indication. So Jean-Scott is wrecked, and Cyclops has become a bit pathetic.

The guy has never been very good with his romantic relationships, but this is a line I dont think he would cross. Regardless unless some major retconnage happens I hope its over between J and S.

11. Abaddon Watching

Jean gave a psychic push to prevent the HCT reality

12. Abaddon Watching

Well he did abandon Madelyne Pryor after Jean came back the first time.

13. cookiva Registered

Even I agree with this. Scott and Emma is scary...

14. FieryBalrog Registered

back to square one:

Originally Posted by FieryBalrog
    I would just like to point out that Jean told Scott to "Live". Get over his grief. Not "make-out-on-my-grave! hey, feel free!"

And btw, the pic I posted is the second time. First is at the end of 154. This is a different time, as evidenced by the quotes. There's really no excuse.

15. Abaddon Watching

Her telling him to live really isnt enough

16. FieryBalrog Registered

[​IMG]

There ya go. Thats all she does to repair HCT, the hole in Scott's heart.

And right, because unless Scott deepthroated Emma at Jean's grave, HCT would come to pass... :rolleyes:

17. Abaddon Watching

well I was never so much talking about the incident itself.And I still believe there is something else at work in the relationship anyway.

18. Bishop2 Registered

I agree that this is not a relationship I'm interested in at all. In fact, I'd go so far as to say I HATE how much Singer's pushed this on us in the first two films. It's always been about Scott/Jean. Everyone who's not Singer pretty much knows that.

19. FieryBalrog Registered

Everyone except Singer, Scott and Emma apparently.

20. Loganbabe Don't want your future

And many dislike the possibilty of a Jean/Logan relationship because they hate Wolverine and mistake his love for lust, like he´s only a sex crazed animal. I don´t care if the love he felt for Jean was only a platonic kind a love, he still loved her, deeply - ah, and I´m talking about the comics here, people. Maybe their relationship would never work out in the "real world", but so what? It´s still romantic and emotional, and Grant Morrison showed it quite well on his Planet X arc. Inside Asteroid M we could feel the love and understanding between Jean and Logan, much more than any other Scott and Emma scene.
    But like I said, I really don´t care if Jean and Scott are destined to be the eternal couple in the minds of the strangely conservative X-Men fans, even if Scott is with Emma now. Just don´t say that Logan never loved Jean, only lusted after her, and that she never loved him back, even if in a platonic and fraternal kind of way. Now THAT would be a big retcon.

21. Abaddon Watching

I think most of us are referring to the movie.

22. Bishop2 Registered

You know what? I actually don't mind Scott/Emma, because I'm so sick of the on-again/off-again nature of the Scott/Jean relationship that it doesn't bother me if they finally move the hell on. But Logan/Jean has always made Logan look totally pathetic. Always trying to steal away another guy's wife, always pining for someone who's clearly taken because she looks like some chick he used to like before she was dead. Get over it, Howlett.

Of course, Scott/Emma didn't exist when Singer was making the movies and treating Scott like the ultimate ***** of the universe, so it's a moot point.

23. Celestial Registered

We can see Jean evolving through the two movies. She's becoming more aware of her power and shows a wish to use it, and yet Scott (and Prof X) are trying to hold her back. They mean well, but it's like parents trying to protect a child who's eager to explore the world for herself. ("I'll take care of you") When Logan arrives, he challenges her. He suggests that Scott is holding her back. He shows belief in her and her ability to control her powers - something that appears to be lacking with Scott. So Scott represents a safe, controlled haven whereas Logan represents a new, dangerous and exhilarating future. It's not love vs lust so much as responsibility vs freedom.

24. FieryBalrog Registered

I have the opposite viewpoint. I think Scott/Emma had/to some extent has Scott as Emma's lapdog, and I dont get that pathetic feeling from Logan's love for Jean at all. Not to mention the whole process by which Cyke and Emma became an item made Scott out to be pretty sad.

One of the reasons I like Whedon is because Scott actually has a bit of backbone when written by him.

25. Kurosawa Registered

Even if Jean tells Scott to "live", he would not respond to that by shacking up with a ****e like Emma Frost.

No Jean=Scott living a quiet life of celibacy in her honor and due to his mourning. That's Cyclops written in character.