Jean/Logan: The Evolving Relationship.

Discussion in 'X-Men 1, 2 & 3' started by Jennifer Walters, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Jennifer Walters

Jennifer Walters Attorney at Law

Being celibate and mourning is not living, when she meant, live, she meant move on. Sure I don't think she intended for him to hook up with pretty much the opposite of her, but funny **** like that happens in life.

2. FieryBalrog

FieryBalrog Registered

true, she knew that Scott moving on meant moving on with Emma. Thats why she hesitates before doing it (Quentin says I'd just let it die).

3. undomiel

undomiel Registered

I have to say, I absolutely LOVE this relationship! I am so surprised that more people do not see it so. And I must say I definitely do not think that Logan and Jean have only lust and not love for each other.

Here's what I think: Jean is totally in love with this great guy named Scott. He asks her to marry him, and she happily says yes. But then this dark, dangerous, mysterious guy named Logan shows up and mocks her fiance and teases her and somehow manages to sweep Jean off her feet. He makes her feel things she's never felt before -- it's almost as if she never really knew what being in love was until this. But, alas -- it's too late! Jean is already committed, already engaged to Scott the Wonderful, and she is too honorable and too afraid and too proud to break it off, especially for this roguish wanderer. But inside, much to her own dismay, she's deeply drawn to him. They are both very passionate people, though Jean is in the habit of repressing this passion, whereas Logan makes no effort to hide his feelings (and Kudos! to Logan for having the guts to risk Jean's rejection by making his intentions so plain).

So I like it, because it sets up a great dynamic. It's more than just a love triangle plot device or a simple lust thing, because real love and real loss are involved. And I haven't even begun to speak of Logan's feelings for Jean -- he undoubtedly loves her, very deeply. And if he loves her partly because she reminds him of a long-lost love, so much the better -- I think that's touching. It shows more of tough Logan's tender side.

4. Deep Thinkin'!

Deep Thinkin'! show meh dem fangs

I totally agree with you. Jean has Scott, and she is smart enough to not break it up. But I totally love the Jean/Logan relationship, even though in the comics they've never really had a relationship to be proud of because of Jean and Scott being together. I completely respect their relationship, but I just think the JeLo relationship is awesome, cause well....... Logan/Wolverine is basically my fav charater, and Jean is a close up second place, so...... but of course I don't want to disrespect the Scott/Jean or RoLo fans, cause I bet this puts salt into deep wounds for them, or for some of them at least. I love all relationships, all have their advantages and disadvantages.

5. Endeavor

Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

Wolverine needs to be castrated and be forced to swallow his own stink-bags.
    It's a pitty he'd regrow them again, the bastard. :mad:

6. Redd_Angel

Redd_Angel ooh la la!

lol!!! why is everyone against logan and jean? sure, jean might be meant for scott, but logan will always be for jean. and since scott is now with emma :mad:, i'm all the more for logan and jean. :up: :)

and i agree that logan doesn't only have lust for jean- i think they have genuine friendship now, and he respects jean a lot too!

7. Mary

Mary Bongiovi Girl

I don't like Jean/Logan relationship at all. But i have nothing against it.

8. Endeavor

Simple. It's a forced relationship that's been further developed because Wolverine is popular. The stinky runt had no business going after her when she was a taken woman and if written right (which at first it was) Jean would have only tolerated him until he got on her nerve and awakened her fiery nature (which he did pretty soon after having met). But alas, the mindless masses follow the angry smelly runt and since he lusts for the redhead the powers-that-be have to manipulate things so that he gets his way.
    The sad thing is that if they continue to make changes to appease the Wolvie fans they will end up screwing up the character. Hell they've already changed him considerably (in the comics AND the movies). Now he's a tall leading man... BARF

9. RagingTempest

RagingTempest Registered

I don't like Logan with Jean either!!! She and Scott are the All American mutant couple, they're meant for each other. Logan will never end up with Jean, she just keeps shooting him down!!!:o

10. Eros

Eros Registered

Jean will give in eventually wolverine is the best at what he does afterall.

11. Deep Thinkin'!

yeah, all of us Jean/Logan fans know that the relationship isn't gonna happen, but we like to dream you know. Most of us (like myself) don't want to intrude on the Jean/Scott deal. We just like the idea of Logan/Jean. No need for all of you to be all fussy about it. Besides, you're bringing down the Wolvie fans. :p

12. DarknessOfDeath

DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

back at home. deep_thinking had a thread like this and it should be merged with this one. I posted my opinions before on this topic and I don't want to do it all over again. so if LS is around, can u please merge the two? Thanx. If I feel like it, I'll post more of my thoughts about Jean and Logan's deep bond/relationship.

13. Mary

Mary Bongiovi Girl

Ha! And you like Ororo/Logan as well hehe Cool

14. Eros

Eros Registered

Thats the thing about Logan, he can have any X-woman he wants. He can also manage them all with one claw tied behind his muscualar back.

15. Deep Thinkin'!

totally.

and yep! I can't decide which one I like best! lol.

16. Endeavor

[​IMG]

17. Deep Thinkin'!

ha ha. Nice..... **coughnotcough** lol. It's basic logic that the two won't end up together in the movies. That would totally make the movie take a dive bomb. But some of us like the combination and to dream. lol

18. eXperiment

eXperiment ...gone wrong.

Thats just plain awesome.

19. FieryBalrog

FieryBalrog Registered

I approve of your post :D Welcome to the dark side.

20. Loganbabe

Loganbabe Don't want your future

Mindless masses? So basically you´re calling all Wolverine fans stupid...yeah, what a nice thing to say! :mad:
    Please, try to discuss the subject not insulting the fans here! Why do you come to this thread, anyway? :o

21. Redd_Angel

Redd_Angel ooh la la!

:up: I couldn't have said it any better.

there's no question that logan loves (not lusts for) jean. and he knows that although jean truly loves scott, she still has some feelings for logan, and she just doesn't want to give in to it. the way i see it, if logan's really such a horrible person who just wants to get in the way of jean and scott's relationship, he would have really acted on his "lust" a long time ago (more than just steal a kiss). but he respects jean, and i think that shows logan's feelings towards jean is so much more than just the physical kind. :)

i could go on forever, but i must stop now.

22. FieryBalrog

FieryBalrog Registered

Yes, its definitely true that Logan really does love Jean. Not only has it been confirmed on panel, he dreams about her (check out Wolverine #12, its a great comic, very well written) and he's the only one who loves her enough to kill her.

23. Loganbabe

Loganbabe Don't want your future

Logan respected Jean a lot, and that´s love. Not lust. If you only lust after a person you don´t care about his/her feelings at all, you´re only interested in yourself, your own needs. I hate when people talk about Logan as if he´s a horny dog who only thinks about satisfying his sex-oriented mind. Logan is a guy full of feelings, he can be tender, honorable and loving, just like he was to Mariko. I´m sure that if he had the chance to be with Jean he would be exactly the same way. He would love her forever.

24. Endeavor

Nope. Mindless massess are those who "like" Wolverine because of the violence and cockyness he represents instead of really knowing the character and loving what used to make him unique. I used to be a Wolverine fan myself, until he became the equivalent of DCs Batman and was suddenly jammed down everybody's throat whether it made sense or not. I don't like a character because a corporate suit desides they will market him to insane levels, overusing and changing said character to what is considered "in" or "hip". But some people do fall for those tactics and those are the ones I call "mindless masses".

25. genufine

genufine Registered

Thats 100% right. Its forced, because of his popularity, NOTHING else. Scott and Jean are The Couple.

Kindergarten/Junior High school strategies (or hopes), never succeed. Get over it.

I'm sorry, but Jean, Emma and Psylocke are probably the three hottest mutants (oh all of them went for scott at one point or another)