Jean/Logan: The Evolving Relationship.

I simply love the Wolverine. The fact that so many people hate him makes me love him all the more. I love an underdog! Would say soooo much more, but don't have time -- it'll have to wait till later.

Redd_Angel said:
i don't really think that cyclops or cyclops fans should feel betrayed or threatened at all coz although jean loves logan, it's a different kind of love, and it's still jean and scott, scott and jean in the end. :)

I disagree. Like I mentioned before, Cyclops' part of the love triangle isn't given equal representation, so in the viewers eyes (especially those unfamiliar with the comics history) Scott is at a disadvantage. On top of that this isn't just any random time in the Scott-Jean-Logan debacle, this is the reinterpretation of the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Sagas. Wolverine should NOT be the pivotal person in this story, at least not where Jean is concerned, and from the looks of what we've see so far he is. So i think Cyclops fans have every reason to feel betrayed, cheated, threatened, angry, you name it... and rightly so. In fact, I think it should be more than just Cyclops fans who are outraged, it should be all X-Men and comics fans that would like to see things done right and realize that marketing one character should not be the focus of a good story.

Redd_Angel said:
welcome mike!!! :D

yeah, i agree that jean/logan relationship won't really get that far.

i think that the way the jean/logan relationship is portrayed in the movies is quite accurate - sure there's flirting going on between them, sure they kiss - but those things happened in the comics as well. i don't really think that cyclops or cyclops fans should feel betrayed or threatened at all coz although jean loves logan, it's a different kind of love, and it's still jean and scott, scott and jean in the end. :)

lol. i can't stop talking about this!!

Jean should have no 'love' for Logan in the first place though. It's more along the lines of lust.

WorthyStevens4 said:
Jean should have no 'love' for Logan in the first place though. It's more along the lines of lust.

Thats typical but wrong. See scan posted few posts down; see also NXM 148, Phoenix Endsong #3, etc.

undomiel said:
I simply love the Wolverine. The fact that so many people hate him makes me love him all the more. I love an underdog! Would say soooo much more, but don't have time -- it'll have to wait till later.

I love an underdog too and used to love Logan when he was one. But he isn't anymore is he? Now he's like that "give him enough prep time and he can beat anyone" DC hero. He's no longer the short odd-looking hairball with a foul temperament and tortured soul looking for redemption of wrongs he barely remembers. Now he's the tall good looking leader with an adamantium ego! ... bah I don't even want to talk about this anymore, now Im all upset and nostalgic :(

The Batman said:
Endeavor got it.

It'd be funny to watch these two gewt together, if only to see how fast the fans wouyld turn on this relationship. Marvel's smart enough to know that hooking them up is jumping the shark...

The Scott/Emma freakshow has lasted. If thats not jumping the shark then I dont see how Jean and Logan would do that.

The Batman said:
It dosent matter. No matter how much debate will happen, the fact is, is that its generally excepted that Scott and Jean are basically soulmates and that jean and logan are nothing more than close friends with a deep bond, or unrequited love. They tease it because it creates tension. I doubt they'll ever fully have a relationhsip, simply because the tension would be gone.

Uh, Jean and Scott are done in the comics. Their relationship is over. They're not together; and they wont be together for at least 3-4 years, and hopefully never.

Mike059jiig said:
Jean loves logan thats funny..I just want thoughts and proof of that other that just fan speculation...in the movies i thinks its lust.in the comics jean never hinted she loves wovlerine she was just attracted to him..if you can find thought bubble that jean says i want logan show me...
Uh, gladly:

WorthyStevens4 said:

Lust...yes. love...hmm maybe but in a friendship kind of way. you know like yeah... Jean is attracted to him and he's attracted her but she knows she can't act on it the way she wants to cause she's devoted herself to Scott. Scott would do anything to prevent something from happening to her...except in X2...his promise was...rather short. Logan on the other hand, knows he can't have her, but in the end he realizes it even more than he did ...earlier in X2. Simon said the "Romantic" aspect has been resolved... to me...both jean and Logan are just two people who have a thing for each other but can't do anything about it so lets face it guys: Jean and Scott are one whereas Jean and Logan have a deep bond which makes them feel close to each other as friends.

Theres nothing wrong with lust...even if the other person understands how you feel about them and vice versa and yet they already have someone in their life, doesn't mean you can't be their friend... and I get that... and as long as you understand and respect them and with who they are with, then that friendship can lead into something deep. Its all about respecting and understanding someone's feelings wither you love them but at the same time you know you can't be with them. I can respect that and it hurts when u know u can't be with someone you really like. But atleast Jean understands Logan and he understands her...

she does like wild guys ;) hehe... but I don't think Scott is into the wild sidey-ness. Jean has a soft spot for bad boys. but hey...Scott can be a bad boy when he wants to be. lol... :o

FieryBalrog said:
The Scott/Emma freakshow has lasted. If thats not jumping the shark then I dont see how Jean and Logan would do that.

Yeah, after Scott was brainwashed by Phoenix herself to remain with Frost.

I could write more and spill my guts out but i have to go. i'll be back on in the morning.

FieryBalrog said:
Uh, gladly:

as im reading i see that she care's for him deeply in a tragic time...that doesn't prove she wants logan..she cares for him like i said and love him as a friend...

Endeavor said:
Yeah, after Scott was brainwashed by Phoenix herself to remain with Frost.

Scott was going to choose Emma before Jean died, her death got in the way by putting him in grief, Jean told him to move on and live.

I dont see how you can get anything about brainwashing or mind-control from the words "Live, Scott. Live" unless you are looking for it already.

Unless I'm missing something, theres no indication scott was gonna choose emma.

undomiel said:

wolverine an underdog ?! in the comics yes, but in the movies.. hell no. i wondered why even bother doing this whole love triangle thing with scott and jean, when they don't even show scott and jean do anything !

i wouldn't go into the realm of the comics anymore when dealing with the x-characters anymore ... its so completely different than what it was (in a bad way i think) that i dont even regard it . its so complex and and so confusing .. i say they should just end those series and start off in a brand new universe with original characters ... although i did follow ult-x but after a while stopped following

FieryBalrog said:
Scott was going to choose Emma before Jean died, her death got in the way by putting him in grief, Jean told him to move on and live.

I dont see how you can get anything about brainwashing or mind-control from the words "Live, Scott. Live" unless you are looking for it already.

Scott's mind had been messed up and controlled in one way or another since his possession by Appocalypse. Frost did manipulate him with her powers to further confuse him. As for Phoenix 'brainwashing' him. Ok, let's not call it that. Let's say that he was 'gently nudged' to follow a path by arguably the most powerful psi in the Marvel universe. Take that as you will, but keep in mind that before he was "gently nudged" he was grief striken as you said, however after Phoenix did what she did to eradicate the timeline where Sublime came to power he was so changed that he was pratically gropping Frost in front of Jean's grave.

thats a lot of gropping ;) er is that how u spell it? i thought it was groaping... yeah that looks right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"