Apocalypse Jennifer Lawrence Could Be... Anybody? - The Mystique Thread - Part 1

that just means all the stuff with mutants being accepted in this new world was not a creative decision from bryan wanting to explore the idea it was done as an excuse to give mystique a reason to hide, because no matter what if they do that same idea about mystique being a celeb... they are gonna still have her out of make up, either way.

Lol why not? again they did the same thing with hank and no one can explain why they did it with hank but people automatically know they would never do that with mystique.

And no this isn't about being sexist before you think that its what this is about.

There is no talking with you on a straight level. You constantly bring up Hank. I have addressed him time and time again. I don't know what more I can say about it.

If anyone says anything less than nice about JLaw you automatically jump to her defense. I love Halle as Storm but I have my thoughts about her and I don't harp on others for theirs nor do I try and twist Halle's words. (I've never heard her complain about Storm) This is crazy.

You don't read other comments to understand you read to reply and defend. I'm not saying you have to agree with anything but don't twist JLaw words to make her seem right. And please stop bringing up Hank to me as if I haven't addressed him so many times!

Last edited:
There is not talking with you on a straight level. You constantly bring up Hank. I have addressed him time and time again. I don't know what more I can say about it.

No matter how much i rephrase it you just don't get what i am trying to say.

Mystique being a hero is all on Bryan and kinberg, even if you listen to them in interviews about mystique they talk very fondly about the character, it's just most people's mindsets are... Jlaw > producers

Seriously.. it's not like J-law cast herself in the role

No matter how much i rephrase it you just don't get what i am trying to say.

You just reworded what I said. But ok, we sure don't have to discuss it anymore. It's pointless now! I won't be replying to anything else YOU say about JLaw/Raven.

So they never explained why Mystique posed as Stryker at the end of Days of Future Past did they?

It makes Mystique look like a hypocrite to be a liberator of mutants yet somehow was responsible for having Wolverine being experimented on and detained at Alkali Lake.

So they never explained why Mystique posed as Stryker at the end of Days of Future Past did they?

It makes Mystique look like a hypocrite to be a liberator of mutants yet somehow was responsible for having Wolverine being experimented on and detained at Alkali Lake.

Yup. Pretty much. It makes me wonder if the writers just put her in as Stryker without a second's thought to what it would mean. It was like "omgzzz plot twist! Lol."

So stupid.

Also because Mystique's personality up to that point never implied that she would do something like that. And she never even met Wolverine. It was the most ridiculous bit of writing in X-Men (and that includes TLS).

I agree. It's like Singer and Kinberg did it as a "gotcha" moment. It was really dumb for no pay off.

This plot twist you guys are mentioning about Mystique has been discussed and explained a couple pages back.

No it doesn't. Mystique rescues mutants and sets them free. Why would wolverine be any different? She has no responsibility of what happens to them after she frees them. Do you people expect him to be right by her side for 10 years? He got rescued and for whatever reason got captured or possibly volunteers for weapon x sone where down the road. Remember, past wolverine never knew how dangerous Stryker was. Nowhere does it suggests that she's responsible. Stryker has an obsession with wolverine and now mystique. It's not a stretch that he was searching for him after the whole president debacle.

No it doesn't. Mystique rescues mutants and sets them free. Why would wolverine be any different? She has no responsibility of what happens to them after she frees them. Do you people expect him to be right by her side for 10 years? He got rescued and for whatever reason got captured or possibly volunteers for weapon x sone where down the road. Remember, past wolverine never knew how dangerous Stryker was. Nowhere does it suggests that she's responsible. Stryker has an obsession with wolverine and now mystique. It's not a stretch that he was searching for him after the whole president debacle.

What you said can be technically be true. It's a definitely a stretch but it's plausible. But why even add the scene at all?

Why wouldn't Mystique just get Wolverine by herself? Why be Stryker? And why specifically Stryker? It made no sense. Wolverine and Mystique never met and she was inside of the bunker when Magneto threw Wolverine into the water. It's just dumb.

It implies that something else happened to Wolverine because Mystique got to him before Stryker. But nothing changed. He was still held captive and given the metal claws. So that ending scene with Mystique as Stryker did absolutely nothing for the plot.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't Mystique just get Wolverine by herself? Why be Stryker? And why specifically Stryker? It made no sense. Wolverine and Mystique never met and she was inside of the bunker when Magneto threw Wolverine into the water. It's just dumb.

It implies that something else happened to Wolverine because Mystique got to him before Stryker. But nothing changed. He was still held captive and given the metal claws. So that ending scene with Mystique as Stryker did absolutely nothing for the plot.

Stryker has military access so it makes sense for her to impersonate him. Mystique and Logan were in the same conference room in Paris. There is a deleted scene where they talk at the mansion.

It did. It showed Mystique rescuing a mutant (Logan) which she continues to do up until X-Men Apocalypse. This is called character development.

Deleted scenes don't mean anything. And being in the same conference room in Paris also meant nothing. Wolverine was freaking out at the time and Mystique had to worry about Erik trying to kill her.

I don't buy that bit about character development. I have a very hard time believing that the ending of dofp was supposed to set up Mystique as some kind of rescuer of mutants (especially since she didn't rescue Wolverine at all, given where he was in Apocalypse). I think the writers had a different idea putting her in there and it never materialized in Apocalypse, making the scene useless.

Deleted scenes don't mean anything. And being in the same conference room in Paris also meant nothing. Wolverine was freaking out at the time and Mystique had to worry about Erik trying to kill her.

I don't buy that bit about character development. I have a very hard time believing that the ending of dofp was supposed to set up Mystique as some kind of rescuer of mutants (especially since she didn't rescue Wolverine at all, given where he was in Apocalypse). I think the writers had a different idea putting her in there and it never materialized in Apocalypse, making the scene useless.

You're a bit crazy and putting too much thought into this.. Raven DID rescue Alex and others in Vietnam from Stryker so she knows by impersonating him at the end of the movie, her chance of success would be higher.

Raven's first scene in DoFP is of her rescuing mutants so I don't know why it's so hard for you to believe she would rescue Logan, it's already "set up" she's just continuing her mission.

There was no guarantee that Logan would be safe from Stryker since there is a ten year gap between DoFP and X:A. She's not his guardian or keeper, she's not monitoring him. Whether he volunteered/got captured, it's not her business. How is this so hard to comprehend?

There was no guarantee that Logan would be safe from Stryker since there is a ten year gap between DoFP and X:A. She's not his guardian or keeper, she's not monitoring him. Whether he volunteered/got captured, it's not her business. How is this so hard to comprehend?
Exactly. And we know she doesn't care what happens to the mutants she rescues in the long term. She was originally going to ditch Nightcrawler. She rescues mutants from immediate danger, but Xavier is the one with the long term plans.

It is pretty clear she saved him and moved on. A lot can happen in a decade.

How do you think they will set-up the potential Mystique solo film?

I don't think they'd do a Mystique film, but it would be nice if Destiny and Rogue were major characters.

I don't think we needed a follow up on Mystique and Wolverine, considering that it was clear that she just frees mutants and lets them go, as countless others have pointed out.

However, considering that the line over the scene is talking about how the future isn't set, and yet Wolverine still falls back into more or less the exact same story line as before does diminish the ending of Dofp a bit.

Hank talked about the river of time always correcting itself, but the ending still made it seem like they triumphantly set a new course, and in this case Mystique obviously ended up in a completely different place, but Logan did not.

So, I understand why people are annoyed, but like most things, just because an expectation was different than what we got, doesn't inherently make what we got horrible. Mystiques role made sense in context of the film, and I actually enjoyed her overall arc throughout the trilogy. Even if it's a stark departure from both the OT and comics, it worked for me, more so than Logan leading the X-men in Last Stand, which was just dumb.

You're a bit crazy and putting too much thought into this.. Raven DID rescue Alex and others in Vietnam from Stryker so she knows by impersonating him at the end of the movie, her chance of success would be higher.

Raven's first scene in DoFP is of her rescuing mutants so I don't know why it's so hard for you to believe she would rescue Logan, it's already "set up" she's just continuing her mission.

Excuse me? Don't call me crazy, you jerk.

The scene was not well done and you're trying so hard to defend it. The look Mystique had on her face (as Stryker) when she pulled Wolverine from the water did not imply "rescue" in any sense. It was the end scene of the movie and having Mystique there implied that something else would happen to Wolverine, but it didn't. I get that there is a 10 year gap, but it's just lazy to say that Wolverine signed up with Stryker anyways. It makes the end of the movie meaningless. If the scene wasn't in there or if it was just Stryker and not Mystique, Apocalypse would have still made sense in terms of Mystique's character arc.

Wolverine needs his metal claws in the future. The only way to do that (that makes sense) is to have him sign up with or be captured by Stryker. So it should have been Stryker at the end.

Last edited:
f the scene wasn't in there or if it was just Stryker and not Mystique, Apocalypse would have still made sense in terms of Mystique's character arc. The scene was unnecessary and stupid.
like many things in this series, I dont think they had properly planned ahead. This series lacks vision. They set things up and either ignore or contradict in another installment.

Mystique was already rescuing mutants in DOFP. She rescued Alex and the others from being shipped off to Trask. That aspect of her character was already developed, making her appearance in the end scene unnecessary. It should have just been Stryker. I don't think the writers thought it through.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"