Justice League Status Updates Thread - Part 2

I wouldnt mind a small appearance, with no true loyalty to any side.

I could see Lobo as a story introduction device. Just something/someone the league or members of the league are dealing with when some other kind of all hell breaks loose.

I like that. A couple of the members dealing with Lobo in the first 10 minutes or so would be cool.

ЯɘvlveR;24279367 said:
the dark knight trilogy started with batman begins.

besides, the dark Knight "anything" sounds better then batman "whatever."

I don't agree with this at all. I thought "The Dark Knight" was a great title for the movie. I liked that it was something different at the time. However, I still don't like the title "The Dark Knight Rises." I believe even the comic title "The Dark Knight Returns" flows and sounds better.

Either way, I would say Batman Returns, Batman Begins, and even Batman Forever sound better, IMO, than The Dark Knight Rises.

But it's such a pun-worthy name... :(

Rian Johnson while he directed my favorite film of all time, Brick, I dont think he is suited for Justice League, but I have yet to see his scifi film Looper which could change my mind.

Id rather see Rian Johnson on Batman or Daredevil

Rise of the Planet of the Apes was a fantastic film but nothing about it made me think that Wyatt could kick ass on Justice League, Im open to both the idea of Johnson and Wyatt as they are both great directors but Id rather see them on solo features than JL

Batman Returns
The Dark Knight
Batman 89
The Crow
Superman The Movie
The Dark Knight Rises
Sin City
The Avengers
Batman Begins
X-Men 2
Blade
X-Men

I don't agree with this at all.
at all? the trilogy began with begins. that's indisputable. :oldrazz:

I thought "The Dark Knight" was a great title for the movie. I liked that it was something different at the time. However, I still don't like the title "The Dark Knight Rises." I believe even the comic title "The Dark Knight Returns" flows and sounds better.
so basically, one word does it for you. you're being anal about one word.

Either way, I would say Batman Returns, Batman Begins, and even Batman Forever sound better, IMO, than The Dark Knight Rises.
and i disagree. so there you go.

This is how id rank the names of the Batseries

Batman
The Dark Knight
Batman Returns
Batman Begins
Batman & Robin
The Dark Knight Rises
Batman Forever

"Batman Forever" was such a goofy name. Definately the worst of the bunch, but it's just so perfect for that movie lol.

I'd rank the titles..

The Dark Knight
Batman
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight Rises
Batman Returns
Batman & Robin
Batman Forever

Moviehole says WB wants Hammer for Batman.....again.

As Hammer recalled in a recent interview with MTV, “We had gotten a long way into pre-production,” said Hammer about the ill-fated Australia-set production. “We were about to start shooting when the writer’s strike happened at the end of 2007, and then the Australian government denied a 40% tax rebate that they thought they were going to have, so a lot of things just when wrong.”

“It’s unfortunate,” he continued, “because the amount of work that was already done — I mean, they had finished pre-production and they were a couple of days away from starting to shoot, so it’s a shame that nobody got to see all of the work that got put into it.”

Sigh. The guy apparently loved wearing the Batman suit, too (“I loved it. But I didn’t even get a picture of it.”)

So the movie never happened. But Hammer’s career did.

Will the combination of recently acquired star power and role suitability get Hammer a second shot at bringing his take on the Caped Crusader to the screen?

Quite possibly.

Hearing, from a very good source, today that Hammer, who is now a hot commodity after such flicks as “The Social Network” and “Mirror Mirror”, not to mention his upcoming lead role in “The Lone Ranger”, is ”back on WB’s radar” for the part of Batman. Not for a solo flick, but for the ensemble “Justice League” movie [again].

The studio need a new guy to guard the cave now that Christian Bale has hung up the cowl. And with plans to reintroduce a younger take on the character in the upcoming “Justice League” movie, a draft of which has been completed by Will Beale, the studio has Hammer atop of their list of potentials. It’s really, when you think about it, a no-brainer. Thus, I wasn’t much surprised when informed this morning that he’s in with a good chance to play the part in the superhero tag-team movie.

It’s a win win, really. Hammer apparently wears the suit smartly, has already rehearsed for the gig before, but more so, is a much bigger star than he was three or four years ago.

Hammer headlines Disney’s “Lone Ranger” next year and while eyes will be on that film’s performance (Earlier this year there was some talk of Taylor Kitsch being a contender for the new Batman, and while that’s still a possibility, the lackluster performance of the actor’s “Savages”, “John Carter” and “Battleship” this year definitely didn’t do anything to boost his appeal) , the young actor is, at this stage, in with a very good shot to jump from a horse to a batmobile shortly after.

The only disappointing part of hearing this news this morning, for me anyway? Confirmation that Joseph Gordon Levitt won’t be the next Batman – or any Batman, it seems. That last moment in “Dark Knight Rises”, as most suspected, wasn’t so much meant to set-up a future film but just a nice moment for the movie to end on.

“But the Batman in this movie might only be used in Justice League movies”, we’re informed, suggesting Hammer’s Batman might be restricted to the JLA universe, so chances are someone else might be get a shot at donning the charcoal duds in a solo movie.

Casting is still a ways off for “Justice League” – Which will unite the characters of Superman, Batman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter – but Warner’s are smart in getting a head start in mixing and matching a workable team of thesps for the main roles.
http://moviehole.net/201258386exclusive-armie-hammer-back-on-wbs-radar-for-batman

Wouldn't suck. I need to see his Lone Ranger stint.

It'd be cool.

Hammer will probably do it, too.

as i said in the other thread, he was my fav for supes; I'd be all for him as bats.

There are far worse choices for the role, and a lot to like about Hammer in it. Obviously they thought he had the chops to play the role/s once before, and more or less anchor JUSTICE LEAGUE: MORTAL.

They also thought spending tons of money on a Dark Shadows movie was a good idea.

Burton has clout at WB. He's made them some change in his day.

I thought we was having a shared JL universe? I thought that's why Nolan left?

Will WB stop ****ing around with this crap idea?

to be fair, it could just mean we'll get our fill of batman in JL, while they hold back making solo films for the time being. I'm all for it if they give other heroes their time to shine. we can't expect WB to be Marvel/Disney now.

Ah, right.

I was thinking it was because it WB's plan to make MOS a shared JL universe, and Nolan didn't like it.

But isn't there a rumor that Wonder Woman appears in that movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"