Kevin Feige says no to another Hulk Movie.

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by socool, Apr 13, 2012.

1. WildcatNC

WildcatNC I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Screw that. We need a Hulk movie. If they have caught some magic with the new Hulk then they need to capitalize on it and redeem the big guy.

2. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Before Thor came around, The Incredible Hulk was my favorite Marvel Studio film so far. Not seeing a sequel is severely disappointing! Especially with the set up to The Leader seen in TIH. Maybe moviegovers who praise Hulk in Avengers more and more will bring Marvel up to thinking about a sequel.

3. Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner Functional, but hammered.

We can only hope.

It would be great to actually have a Hulk that retained his look and actor portraying him. I said over in the Avengers thread, Downey back in 08 said that "he had maybe a 5-6 year window" to be doing films like this, referencing his age. Is is safe to say the same thing applies to Ruffalo?

4. Kevin Roegele

Kevin Roegele Do you mind if I don't?

It's a shame, but it doesn't make financial sense to produce a third Hulk movie when two movies have already failed financially. Especially when Marvel have succesful franchises in Cap, Thor, Iron Man and (in all probability) Avengers. There is also a potential Nick Fury/SHIELD film, and all the characters in Marvel's back catalogue.

But atleast we already have two Hulk movies, a classic TV series, and apparently the best ever version of the character to look forward to in The Avengers.

5. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Hopefully after the Avengers' release, Marvel will change their mind. I want to see a sequel for the Incredible Hulk. They just can't keep him from the Avengers. If Thor, Captain America and Iron Man got a 2nd movie, he should get one too. Plus his movie doesn't have to cost more than $100 million dollars.

6. Nelson/Murdock

Nelson/Murdock Attorneys at Law

Honestly, after having now seen the Avengers, I'm even more convinced that Bruce should stick to Avengers 2. All the best work he does in the film is bouncing off the other characters. (Often literally. ;) )

Put him against less interesting characters and you'd get a more boring Bruce. IMO, naturally.

7. Micromind

Micromind New World New Rules

Marvel are doing this wrong, after Avengers, making another Hulk movie would be a good idea, instead they are foolishly pursuing the TV series development.

8. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

I wish they would stop it with the tv show idea as well.

9. Gamma Ra

Gamma Ra Well-Known Member

I truly don't buy into the statement that MS is planning a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. I would believe it more if they said they were planning a Captain Marvel or Nova film. I think Feige made that statement to leave open that spot for the possibility of TIH2 if fan reaction demanded it...and if not they will go in another direction. Just my thoughts on the matter.

I personally want another movie to complete the Leader story, and I want a television show as well. If Superman and WB/DC can do it, then TIH can be made and done justice by Marvel Television with the backing of Disney $$$ and all their resources available for such a needy television show. They recently built a new animation studio with all the best tech for their new Marvel Animation projects, they'll probably do the same for all their live action television shows in development.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  10. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I admit, I'm skeptical about Guardians of the Galaxy, too. It seems like a hilariously risky project, far more than any of the other announced ones. Even Ant-Man, dubious as I am of it, would at least be cheaper.

11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

I think Banner/Hulk is better served in the type of role he has in The Avengers.

Listen guys, I'm sorry but they did two Hulk solo movies and they didn't work very well. I'm not saying it can't work better but I think this is a much better niche for the Hulk/Banner in the movies at this point.

12. <(o_o)>

<(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

I Love the Hulk but feel that he is & will be much more successful in an ensemble cast like The Avengers than on his own. When people think of The Incredible Hulk, they expect balls to the wall action in which case the 2 different individual Hulk movies was sorely lacking. Until there is a cheaper & more cost effective way to have more Hulk action on screen at any given time then we may never see another solo Hulk movie again.

13. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure to be honest. One of the consistent things I've read about the Avengers reviews is how the Hulk is really cool and he's cool because they've got that balance of man and monster.

The last Hulk movie was nonstop action and I don't think that was as good an idea as some would think. Action is a part of it, sure, but you need something else. You need Bruce Banner to balance it out, give some tragedy. As soon as someone can do that in a Hulk film, they're set.

I reckon there's at least one more chance of making a good Hulk film especially with Ruffalo and the good buzz from "The Avengers". Marvel should at least think about it.

14. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

The impression I'm getting is that RuffaHulk is really charming compared to the other two incarnations. I'd love to see this Hulk go up against the Leader and any thing he can throw at him.

15. KangConquers

KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Exactly. TIH was a pure vanilla action film, with no psychological elements.

16. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I think at best, the next time we will see Hulk is Avengers 2.

17. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

We've seen two solo Hulk films where he's on the run. I don't have any burning desire to see The Leader. He's apparently come into his own in THE AVENGERS. I'm fine with him staying there for a while. Maybe once the Avengers franchise is over, they'll take another shot at a solo Hulk film.

18. Gamma Ra

I understand where all the doubt comes from with the posters on this board, but the problem I have with that line of reasoning is that though some "Hulk fans" like the first Lee Hulk film, and more the second Letterier TIH film, I have yet to find one hardcore "Hulk" fan be completely satisfied with the Hulk's or Banner for that matter's portrayal. Which IMO, is the reason the movies did not perform as well as the others. From the little I've read, it seems both Hulk and Banner's personalities are what makes them more thrilling this time around...and it has NOTHING...to do with them being involved with and part of a team.

I see Thor fans, IM fans and CA fans ecstatic with their favorites characterizations and portrayals in solo movies, but little to no Hulk fans as happy by comparison.

Marvel just missed the mark with the first two films is all. They should have given us a Hulk closer to one of the personalities of the comic book versions and a Banner as complex as the Bixby Banner, who kept us interested in him and not just the Hulk.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  19. KangConquers

KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

20. Cain

Cain I Heart Amazons

That news made my day :woot:

21. Gamma Ra

Seriously...Guardians of the Galaxy :huh:....:dry:....:dry:....:whatever:....tell me you really didn't believe that!?! :cwink:

"If Hulk&#8217;s successful turnaround continues, Gitter says Marvel &#8220;will spin him off to a stand-alone program next year,&#8221; supported by a big budget franchise movie in 2015. The entertainment studio is also exploring ways to promote Hulk as a &#8220;corporate icon,&#8221; similar to MetLife&#8217;s usage of Peanuts&#8217; Snoopy, where The Hulk&#8217;s image conveys a message about channeling strength to overcome workplace challenges."

22. Shazam

Shazam Well-Known Member

The Leader subplot could still be done. The Hulk can still guest appear in another hero's film! Marvel can do that now!!

23. Shazam

Shazam Well-Known Member

agreed.....

24. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

The thing is for a movie Hulk solo stories aren't going to work as well.

Everything worked about Hulk in Avengers because Hulk had people to actually fight. Banner had personalities to clash against.

25. Gamma Ra

Just like all the other heroes Hulk will gt his solo franchise and he'll appear in the Avengers movies.

This line of reasoning is faulty...because the characters differed so much from movie to movie to movie. When the US fans go as nuts for Hulk's and Banner's portrayals in the Avengers movie...the comparison will be made; and what was lacking in the first two films will be understood; and the true appeal that Hulk has always had will rule. :woot: