Kurse!

Mjölnir;27121535 said:
He does it several times. Then again it's not that surprising as you said you don't even remember his fight with Thor. ;)

Wow .... LOL

He said that?

I'm exaggerating slightly about what he said in the thread about favorite action scene. I'm just messing with him, just so no one takes it seriously. :)

I remember his in the prison break,him pummeling Thor and [BLACKOUT]Loki killing him.[/BLACKOUT] But other than that he was just there.

Are you referring to him beofre or after he transformed?

I remember his in the prison break,him pummeling Thor and [BLACKOUT]Loki killing him.[/BLACKOUT] But other than that he was just there.

Are you referring to him beofre or after he transformed?

I'm talking about him as Kurse, although it of course goes for both. [BLACKOUT]Scenes on the ship and on Svartalfheim.[/BLACKOUT]

He's pretty forgettable though he looks tough and scary.

Really? I would think the distinct look and (Spoiler tags for good measure)
Power rivaling The Hulk would make him memorable
Does Kurse have a different voice than Algrim? How was that transformation? I was told that
The actual transformation is shrouded behind smoke and flame.

He actually doesn't have much personality just like Malekith. Yeah he's strong and tough but most villains are.

Really? I would think the distinct look and (Spoiler tags for good measure)
Power rivaling The Hulk would make him memorable

His deeds will probably be easy to remember for most. It's not like henchmen often have much personality and I find it pretty funny that the post above says that he's strong and tough like most villains. I guess Hulk is strong and tough like most heroes then.

Does Kurse have a different voice than Algrim? How was that transformation? I was told that
The actual transformation is shrouded behind smoke and flame.

Yes, his voice alters in the transformation. The transformation is cool and you definitely see it happening. He merges with his armor, like in the comics.

Mjölnir;27124473 said:
His deeds will probably be easy to remember for most. It's not like henchmen often have much personality and I find it pretty funny that the post above says that he's strong and tough like most villains. I guess Hulk is strong and tough like most heroes then.

And as if that isn't true?

And yes a henchmen can have a personality if thats what the writer wants.

Mjölnir;27124473 said:

Yes, his voice alters in the transformation. The transformation is cool and you definitely see it happening. He merges with his armor, like in the comics.

Is that what happens in the comics? I read panel and
The beyonder just sort of transformed him on the spot
Unless they revisited the origins of the character in a different issue. For those of you who want reference you can find the panels of the issue below.

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/secret_wars_ii_4.shtml

Is that what happens in the comics? I read panel and
The beyonder just sort of transformed him on the spot
Unless they revisited the origins of the character in a different issue. For those of you who want reference you can find the panels of the issue below.

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/secret_wars_ii_4.shtml

Beyonder fuses his armor to his skin, and it takes a bit of a different form, so in that sense Kurse is similar in both versions. If you look at the panels you link to you can see the armor changing appearance when he is created again by Beyonder.

Last edited:
For me Kurse was a highlight in this, he wasnt in it enough and his fight with Thor was better than the final battle for me.

Mjölnir;27125573 said:
Beyonder fuses his armor to his skin, and it takes a bit of a different form, so in that sense Kurse is similar in both versions. If you look at the panels you link to you can see the armor changing appearance when he is created again by Beyonder.

No I did notice. I just dont see how you would get that the
armor fuses to his skin

No I did notice. I just dont see how you would get that the
armor fuses to his skin

That part is just what I remember from the comics.

From Marvel's wiki entry on Algrim/Kurse, under the powers section:

"Living Armor: Once again, due to the Beyonder's augmentation, Kurse's armor was a living part of him, growing organically, and helped contribute to his already staggering durability."

Kurse's film origin and that relation to his powers kinda reminded me of Renard from The World is Not Enough.

^I thought the way they did his origin in the movie and transformation was quite clever and pretty damn creepy at the same time. Obviously they didnt want the Beyonder coming in an doing his thing but the way they worked it out and presented it was great.

I just wish he would have been in the movie more.

Yeah it was extremely creepy, really the fanaticism of the Dark Elves was an interesting take.

To those who have seen the movie...

Is this the scene when Algrim becomes Kurse?

thor-2-pics-tdw-15.jpg

prison break was great. enjoyed the interaction at loki's cell

I wonder why they didn't include him in posters. He looks pretty good.

To those who have seen the movie...

Is this the scene when Algrim becomes Kurse?

thor-2-pics-tdw-15.jpg

Mjölnir;27141071 said:

I just realized that...

the armor he's wearing that eventually bonds with him is actually a nice call back to his traditional look in the comics regarding its colors and design.

In the opening....
the same thing happens to the other elves who become "Kursed", their white face masks melt into their body when they transform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"