Guardians of the Galaxy Kurt Russell is Ego the Living Planet

I keep imagining him being like his character in Furious 7. If that's the case please keep him away from Adam Warlock!
I can't remember that last serious role he played apart from MacReady in The Thing.

The Hateful Eight, Tombstone, Death Proof, Bone Tomahawk, etc.

His resume is pretty good, he barely had anything to do in Furious 7, a role which just seemed like an easy paycheck for him.

Kurt Russell has been acting on TV and film steadily since the early 60s.

You should check out Used Cars, Breakdown, Dark Blue, Tango & Cash, Backdraft & a ton more flix. Hes a solid actor that can do comedy or serious stuff. We're not gonna debate if he can act in a film now are we? James Gunn wouldnt cast anyone if they couldnt do it.

Hes actually perfect for Star Lords dad because hes done both comedic and badass characters. Think Jack Burton meets Wyatt Earp for his dad. Pretty cool mix

Last edited:
This makes me a little concerned for Warlock. I remember those trolls got a lot of crap, but in terms of correlating Warlocks role in IG, to the current MCU infinity war, it seems like his role may be swinging into Vision's characterization. This being said, Magus has been confirmed for IW, which means Warlock has to exist somewhere in the MCU.

Keep in mind Warlock didn't have a gem during IG, OR the Thanos Quest; not utilizing Warlock as a foil to Thanos in the MCU could really be a missed opportunity.

Wait, when was Magus confirmed for IW?

Last edited:
I thought it was confirmed in some casting call or something. Could be remembering wrong.

I don't recall right now but did Gunn or anyone else confirm Russell is a Marvel character and not an original one?
Nothing's been said to my knowledge.

With the direction they went with Yondu compared to the comics tho I can see them combining Warlock and Pete's Dad into one character

http://screenrant.com/avengers-infinity-war-adam-warlock-magus/

Don't know reliable they are, but this story was floating around the webs for a while last year. Don't know how much truth there is to it now.

The rumor that was going around is that Magus and Thanos feud over the Gauntlet. Magus takes control and creates Dopplegangers for the Avengers to fight.
I only remember Magus was being used not Warlock rumor. I don't even recall where that came from but it was for IW not GotG2.
It could be Pete's dad turns to Warlock, THEN Magus for IW

If hes Adam Warlock & Magus that will be awesome. Cant wait to see what hes like in the MCU.

I am highly dubious they will use Adam Warlock. If he was on the bench, they wouldn't have given so much of his motif to the Vision.

I think they can alter the character so hes not so much like Vision.

Aside from an Infinity Gem connection, were there similarities between movie Vision and comics Adam Warlock?

Oh snap what if Kurt plays Adam Warlock and Sly plays Magus?

giphy.gif

Nothing's been said to my knowledge.

With the direction they went with Yondu compared to the comics tho I can see them combining Warlock and Pete's Dad into one character

I hope Russell isnt Warlock

Oh snap what if Kurt plays Adam Warlock and Sly plays Magus?

giphy.gif

Huh? Good God i hope to high hell neither of these men are Magus and Warlock, i honestly dont even care to see either men a part of this movie especially Stallone

^^ Really? haha. You dont like either of them as actors? wow

Kurt Russell as Star Lord/Quill's father is the only role that I can see him in

We all know that he's either Major Victory or Adam Warlock. End of thread.

I think Stallone if he is for sure in Guardians Vol 2. then I can see him playing a Ravager especially the Ravager's head boss and as for Kurt Russell I can definitely see him playing Quill's father I mean all the signs are practically there

What about Mar-Vell? Could also help set up Ms Marvel.

Plus with Kurt Russell playing Pratt's father it would make sense because of the fact that Peter is half human half alien apparently since his mother was human and his father was an alien but they say that Peter's father looked just like an angel so if that is the case then who better than Kurt Russell?

I am highly dubious they will use Adam Warlock. If he was on the bench, they wouldn't have given so much of his motif to the Vision.
But Vision has always HAD a gem on his forehead, just never an infinity stone.
Warlock hadn't been "born" with the stone, not sure what year he got the soul gem, but both Vision and Warlock were created about the same time at marvel

Note from Gunn's fb page yesterday:

That's a wrap on Kurt Russell for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. I'll admit I'm welling up a bit. It's not often your heroes are as awesome in person as you believed they were as a kid. A wonderful guy and incredible actor in every way. And he was nice to my Mom, Dad, and dog. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Kurt Russell now that he is in this movie I am really excited about this sequel

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"