Legends of Tomorrow Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys seen the Legends of Tomorrow Funko Pops? The Atom's design lends itself really well to toys.

And the Hawkman on the show was eh, but his Pop looks legitimately pimp enough that I have to buy it.

I haven't been staying up to date on the theorizing that may or may not have been going on in this thread, but I've been thinking about Katie Cassidy being made a series regular across all the DC shows and the JSA of it all, and I'm wondering if that might be her way back in. They made such a stink about who would be in the grave on Arrow that I don't imagine they'll Flashpoint Laurel back to life. A Lazarus Pit situation is (fortunately) out of the question. They could bark back up the Black Siren tree, but I just don't see how much that has to offer.

I think she'll be a member of the JSA. An alternate version of the Black Canary (perhaps even with the name Dinah?). Because this whole thing with the JSA and World War II and whatnot, I'm just not buying that it takes place on the core earth of the shows. It just doesn't gel. Things like the Mirakuru people tearing s*** up in S2 of Arrow and the existence of metahumans after The Flash started (Diggle's reaction to Barry's speed, for one)... the response to those things just wouldn't make sense if there was, at any point, a well-known superhero team operating on that earth. I mean, granted, it's not out of the question for them to pull something like that.... Smallville did the same damn thing when they introduced the JSA, too. But I really hope it's a multiverse scenario and that they use that to pave the way for Cassidy's return. A scene with Sara that could run parallel to the Barry/Jay reveal at the end of S2, and a much more lively, spicy version of Canary, rather than the angst-ridden one they stuck Cassidy with for so many years on Arrow.

I have to wonder, since Katie was technically the female lead, and second lead only to Stephen, I'd imagine that she had a contract as long as his, whether it be 5 or 7 seasons. I'm not sure how contracts works if they decide to kill off a character, but I can't help but feel like they restructured hers a bit to ensure they still have her available.

For all we know, this could have been discussed early last season, with Katie only negotiating after they told her about the death. With the Flash introducing alternate Earths, and Supergirl coming over, I think it's definitely possible that we may see her land a permanent home, but at the same time, I firmly believe there is a strong dislike on Guggenheim's behalf, and I'm not sure if he'd be down with her sticking to Legends, considering he's also a part of that show.

I don't think Laurel's death was born of malice on Guggenheim's behalf, just casual stupidity and the need to serve his OTP.

I don't see Katie really turning up on any of the shows otuside of maybe 2-3 episodes. Just a temporary way to calm the flames and have their cake and eat it to.

Maybe not. she does seem to still be friends with everybody but Guggenheim. Though I think we are looking at more Flash/Legends than Arrow.

What makes you say that she isn't friends with Guggenheim? It's worth keeping in mind that he is on Legends as well.

I don't think Laurel's death was born of malice on Guggenheim's behalf, just casual stupidity and the need to serve his OTP.
I can't help but feel like the decision to kill her off was to remove any possible side options for Oliver in the romantic department. I mean, Taiana was supposed to be his romantic interest on the island, but aside from one kiss after they were captured, there were no signs of that. Not to mention, if you really look at every other female on the show aside from Felicity, they can in no way be linked to Oliver romantically. Thea is his sister, Lyla is Diggle's wife, Nyssa is a lesbian who is paired with Sara, and the new Artemis girl is really young.

It really seems like they want to make sure that Oliver only has eyes for Felicity, and by keeping Laurel around, there would always be that group of fans that would want him to end up with her. And this bothers me because Felicity is apparently going to have a boyfriend, and even in season 3, she was dating Ray, and it just seems to give her character more power over Oliver, especially given the nature of how they broke up last season.

Not to mention, killing off the Black Canary does deliver a big headline, which is what they seem to be more concerned with most of their decisions on this show.
I don't see Katie really turning up on any of the shows outside of maybe 2-3 episodes. Just a temporary way to calm the flames and have their cake and eat it to.
Bingo. It keeps people who were fans of her around, while not having it get in the way of their agenda.

What makes you say that she isn't friends with Guggenheim? It's worth keeping in mind that he is on Legends as well.

Well, Guggenheim seemed to be laughing at her on the blu ray commentaries. Just seemed obnoxious.

MG on their new 4-show Series Regular contracts
How cool is it to have people like John Barrowman, Wentworth Miller and Katie Cassidy, who you can move around the board, but at the same time, how challenging is it to figure out when they can go where?

GUGGENHEIM: It’s a little challenging because we have to work around their personal schedules, and obviously there needs to be good communication among all the shows, so we’re not double booking them. No one has ever done a four-show universe. That’s totally unprecedented. The ability to move cast around that way is also unprecedented. The thing that we all really enjoy about it is that that’s the way it works in the comic books. The comic books are one large shared universe, and characters move back and forth between the different books. It’s fun to do the same thing with different shows.
http://collider.com/legends-of-tomorrow-season-2-marc-guggenheim-interview/

On the topic of if this is because she signed a long contract as the female lead, I read an interview a few weeks back where Colin Donnell said he signed for 5 years and it was a huge learning curve for him to handle the emotional stress it must cause. I guess when you're killedoffafter one season you must seriously question yourself and your ability as an actor.

Also, I agree that they need to show Firestorm's powers more and make Ray feel more like the Atom. I mean I don't want Firestorm's transmutation ability to become a deus ex machina of the show but I hope early on they use his powers to help in Ray's experiments on his suit to make it much more comic like and smoother, make one similar to Firestorm's. Sort one problem out early on, well a problem for others not so much myself.

Also, I agree that they need to show Firestorm's powers more and make Ray feel more like the Atom. I mean I don't want Firestorm's transmutation ability to become a deus ex machina of the show but I hope early on they use his powers to help in Ray's experiments on his suit to make it much more comic like and smoother, make one similar to Firestorm's. Sort one problem out early on, well a problem for others not so much myself.

An inexperienced firestorm trying to transmute things leaves a lot of space to make things worse, as opposed to instantly win the day.

Better mask than Smallville's version. Good.

I wish Stargirl was joining the team.

Better mask than Smallville's version. Good.

It's been a really long time since I've seen Smallville and after googling it, that mask doesn't translate well to live action.
latest
stargirl_courtney_whitmore_009_02.jpg

It's been a really long time since I've seen Smallville and after googling it, that mask doesn't translate well to live action.
latest
stargirl_courtney_whitmore_009_02.jpg

Yeah, I just assumed Johns really wanted the mask to be done like that and that was how they had to do it in order for it to fit the actress. But, it still looked like they would've been better off just giving her a more regular one.

So I wonder which:
Queen of France is seduced by, or seduces Sara? ;)

been watching LOT for a few weeks.

I expected it to be lame, but was pleasantly surprised (especially by
Dom Purcell and Wentworth Miller)

Have to say it's everything a cape and costume tv show should be
- action
-a mix of likeable characters who work well in an ensemble
- doesn't take itself too seriously.

Man, DC's stuff on the small screen is a million times better than Marvel's IMO.

I mean, respect to DD for its grit, because it's a gritty world DD inhabits, but DD always took himself a bit seriously for my taste.

And, since LOT has managed to do a decent live-action Firestorm, well it's got my vote.

Looking forward to the rest of season 1.

My wife and I binge watched LoT this weekend. I had seen them all during first run, but she missed a few....wanted to have season one fresh in our minds for when season two starts.

October 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"