BvS Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only do I hope Cranston isn't cast, I hope to hell Lex isn't even in the movie so that these media outlets actually learn to do some ****ing research before running such nonsense.

ppff. like that'll ever happen. that ravenous beast cannot be tamed.

I was just joking. I doubt Damon would take the role if ever offered it.

The only person I have a feeling they've really looked at, at least the executives, is DiCaprio considering how "in house" things have been in terms of who's generally involved and that they wanted him as Riddler after Inception was a success for them.

Any other actor, I haven't really given much thought outside of fan casting.
Im thinking WB will ask Leo to play Riddler when/if Affleck decides to take control of his own Batman movie. Affleck will have a say in the casting but I can see Ben being down for Riddler.

I want to see Jon Hamm. He's worked with Affleck on "The Town", and with Snyder in "Sucker Punch".
Hamm for Two-Face in a small role. For the solo movie of course.

Not only do I hope Cranston isn't cast, I hope to hell Lex isn't even in the movie so that these media outlets actually learn to do some ****ing research before running such nonsense.

They don't care. As long as you're going on their sites and looking at their advertising banners, they don't care.

The ones who do do the research and tell the truth, get ignored. ..Because the fans only see and hear what they want.
And this Cranston as Lex news is too big for one website to say BS.

What disappoints me the most is someone like Rolling Stone running with the article. Journalism is dead. Cosmic Book News is an appalling website that has no shame, none.

What disappoints me the most is someone like Rolling Stone running with the article. Journalism is dead. Cosmic Book News is an appalling website that has no shame, none.

It's everywhere now. Sky News is reporting it as well. They're citing CBN as the source. But it's still being considered an unannounced fact, instead of a speculative rumour.

It's just completely blown up, because media outlets consider the site to be somewhat legit, because the rumour is just too good to pass up. And whoever wrote it at CBN is probably jacking off over it all :o

Cranston and WB won't deny anything, because it's good publicity for themselves.

Last edited:
It's everywhere now. Sky News is reporting it as well. They're citing CBN as the source. But it's still being considered an unannounced fact, instead of a speculative rumour.

It's just completely blown up, because media outlets consider the site to be somewhat legit, because the rumour is just too good to pass up. And whoever wrote it at CBN is probably jacking off over it all :o

Cranston and WB won't deny anything, because it's good publicity for themselves.

Dude's name is Matt McGloin and judging by his Twitter, he's definitely....full of himself.

But we shouldn't forget El Mayimbe's role in all this. He's the one that brought Cranston up in the first place. Also Mark Strong.

But then a few days later he hinted Cranston was up for Gordon, then took his tweet down.

Strong also hinted he might be playing Lex.

CBN were just capitalising on El's tweets. But they're reporting seemingly factual crap based on them.

Casting rumors are Internet kryptonite, and a recent report that Bryan Cranston had been cast as Lex Luthor in the upcoming "Man of Steel" sequel had Superman fans weak in the knees. Alas, it all seems to be one big fabrication.

Gossip first surfaced in a report on Latino Review earlier this month that Cranston and "Low Winter Sun" actor Mark Strong were being considered for the Superman flick.

Then, Cosmic Book News reported on Aug. 23 that Cranston had been chosen as the villain Luthor opposite Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck, who was officially cast as Batman last week. The site claimed that the "Breaking Bad" star inked a deal for anywhere between six and 10 appearances, comparing it to Samuel L. Jackson's stint as Nick Fury in "The Avengers."

Cosmic Book News also alleged that Affleck's Batman deal was good for 13 appearances and made claims Affleck's pal, Matt Damon, is being considered for either Aquaman or Martian Manhunter.

The Cranston-Luthor news made it onto Rolling Stone and was shared by Buzzfeed, the Daily Beast and Reddit users.

On Tuesday, however, MSN Entertainment's Parallel Universe reporter, Don Kaye, debunked the rumor, writing, "Despite the story getting picked up by numerous mainstream media outlets, there is not one shred of truth to it. It originated with a fan website that has been known for printing sheer fabrications to score hits -- which is why we won't name the site or link to it here."

Kaye highlights the absurd claims made about Cranston's supposed deal and Affleck's 13 Batman appearances, "which would probably make him around 70 by the time he finished playing the role."

Dude's name is Matt McGloin and judging by his Twitter, he's definitely....full of himself.

He tweets El Mayimbe a lot.

Looks like just 21 hours ago he's ****ing himself and being a *****e to El if Cranston isn't Lex, saying stuff about the crap he [El] puts up.

Lies always come back to bite your ass :o

He tweets El Mayimbe a lot.

Looks like just 21 hours ago he's ****ing himself and being a *****e to El if Cranston isn't Lex, saying stuff about the crap he [El] puts up.

Lies always come back to bite your ass :o

Man, I really hope this comes back to bite him in the ass. He's practically obsessed with El Mayimbe. I nearly died of laughter from what El tweeted him yesterday.
.@mattmcgloin you are straight up BUMJUICE! You scammed Rolling Stone. If you're that thirsty for that adsense check I suggest welfare.
:hehe:

:lmao:

Good for El. I know he's the cause of all this! But he didn't expect the little rat to do all this and cause a huge **** storm.

they ran a cover story for the boston bomber. none of them have any shame. they were supposed to be THE rock and roll magazine and nobody takes their opinion on that seriously anymore.

Imo, this should be the actor for Lex.
145045-Mark_Strong.jpg

Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Imo, this should be the actor for Lex.
145045-Mark_Strong.jpg

I say get someone with a thick head of hair so they can be forced to shave that **** off. Strong is as obvious as Cranston to me.

I say get someone with a thick head of hair so they can be forced to shave that **** off. Strong is as obvious as Cranston to me.

I'm just going by what El said. But of course, according to CBN, he might be Sinestro again :o

ЯɘvlveR;26752137 said:
so those idiots are having a twitter fight over their ********?

Makes you feel good to be a victim of it doesn't it? :p

ЯɘvlveR;26752179 said:
a guilty bystander. yes. :word:
We're all guilty of ranting and raving in favour or distaste before looking into such things.

But I think this whole thing stinks. CBN are just the lowest of the low...exploiting the fans in such a way like this.

People actually do believe it's true. Either because they're blindly ignorant, or just because Cranston gave his opinion on Lex.

For all we know of course, he may be involved and he's commenting on Lex for whatever reason being involved with the film.

Right now however, I'm believing Cranston is Gordon, like El hinted. It does tie in with his connection to Affleck from Argo. WB will undoubtedly be loving all this media attention.
And they must know Cranston is a firm favourite for Gordon. I'm positive they couldn't be more happier with this....then it'll be bigger once they announce him as Gordon, then bringing us the actor for Lex afterwards. It's all just speculation right now of course however. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"