Live-Action The Little Mermaid

Seems like this version of Ursula takes after the coconut Octopus
Untitled-design-88.jpg

Nice. Thanks to Kim Petras coconuts are so in right now

I only recently found out Rob Marshall was the choreographer for Brandys Cinderella. I think that’s where he got his inspiration for the casting of this movie and I love it.

If those are supposed to be Ariel's sisters then Triton got around. :o

*Temptations voice*

Papa was a rolling stone...... wherever he laid his pipe trident was his home! LOL

I only recently found out Rob Marshall was the choreographer for Brandys Cinderella. I think that’s where he got his inspiration for the casting of this movie and I love it.

Another criminally underrated telemovie event. But yes, the colorblind casting works!

Another criminally underrated telemovie event. But yes, the colorblind casting works!

I would not exactly call it colorblind, as they are clearly casting a variety of ethnicities on purpose. Its not a big deal, as I am used to opera, and casting there really does tend to be color blind.

Is it underrated? It broke ratings records back when it debuted and I still see many of all races speak highly of it.

All very true! I guess my thing is I just wish many more people talked about it.

They somehow don’t feel confident to market that movie. It’s out in 3 months and almost nothing about it.

Ha, you’re just too keen. They usually do the big marketing push like a month before it comes out. There’s still plenty of time

usually? Lion King teaser came out 7 months prior, Aladdin also 7 months…

You're aware that TLM has a teaser trailer that's been playing in theaters for the last 5 months, right? And a teaser poster? Silvermoth said "the BIG marketing push," not just...any marketing. All have started awareness through marketing at least 7 months out, TLM included. But the big push doesn't start 'til about a month or 1.5 months out - new posters, trailer, TV spots, etc.

Went chasing after the leaked trailer, but it seems snipers took it down. Did happen to see the Part of Your World segment in full, and holy **** this is going to play huge.

I do find it a little surprising there was no Super Bowl spot with a full trailer released online that'll play with Quantumania since that's the only big Disney release on the horizon before the summer movie season starts. There's still time for them to drop a trailer this week but that was a prime opportunity.

Went chasing after the leaked trailer, but it seems snipers took it down. Did happen to see the Part of Your World segment in full, and holy **** this is going to play huge.

It’s still up on YT posted 2 days ago. The quality is truly poor though. And yes they let Halle go all out for Part of Your World. I’ll bet her version is gonna be very popular for singing auditions.

Seen it, still dont get why they made it other then for the money.

They need to stop using that shot of her looking up. It’s bland and murky and doesn’t do the film any favors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"