All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
what ihop sign??

The one that'll have a hole in it probably.

But it is ironic, he flies through an I-Hop sign when flying is the power that replaced his "Leaping tall buildings" power. :woot:

plano-july5-9.jpg

the set pics of some sort of damage, possible tornado?

Photo6461.jpg

real tornado damage image that I took.
minus the debris on the ground, it looks pretty damn similar.

Last edited:
The one that'll have a hole in it probably.

But it is ironic, he flies through an I-Hop sign when flying is the power that replaced his "Leaping tall buildings" power. :woot:

I wonder if it's a young Clark Kent learning to fly and goes through a IHOP sign accidentally!

Supes' ship created a small wormhole which vastly lessened the time to get to Earth. Debris from explosion shot through the wormhole behind the ship, and thus towards Earth.

Excellent! The very point I made on the previous page:

But as mentioned by Lead Cenobite, there are ways to wank this. Perhaps bits of kryptonite got attached to the ship and were then dislodged on Earth entry. Or maybe some kryptonite got sucked into the ship’s warp field/wormhole. Etc., etc.

Notice they are using an already established corn field and not growing their own corn and then creating acres of CGI corn.

plano-july5-9.jpg

the set pics of some sort of damage, possible tornado?

Photo6461.jpg

real tornado damage image that I took.
minus the debris on the ground, it looks pretty damn similar.

Whenver, I see the top picture I think the opening of smallville.

Notice they are using an already established corn field and not growing their own corn and then creating acres of CGI corn.

Yup so much money wasted on each ear of corn only for it to be recreated with CGI. I really think another reason they hired Snyder is because he's an economic director who can make a really good-looking movie without wasting through a massive budget.

Read some people commenting about Ihop being shameless product placement but Superman Returns and most all movies have major product placement...

Superman Returns: Audi, Avaya, Belstaff, Bose, Budweiser, Graco, Grey Goose, Mountain Dew, Nikon, Oakland A's, Plantronics, Samsung, Scrabble, Steinway & Sons, Virgin

Read some people commenting about Ihop being shameless product placement but Superman Returns and most all movies have major product placement...

Superman Returns: Audi, Avaya, Belstaff, Bose, Budweiser, Graco, Grey Goose, Mountain Dew, Nikon, Oakland A's, Plantronics, Samsung, Scrabble, Steinway & Sons, Virgin

Also, the ford mustang.

I wish Nolan was making this damn movie! The Batman movies are so lucky. I was just looking at some pictures of him on set, wish he would be on ours. I'm sure he's not touching anything Superman related for a while b/c of the Batman movie. It's all up so Snyder to make his best movie ever...

Last edited:
I wish Nolan was making this damn movie! The Batman movies are so lucky. I was just looking at some pictures of him on set, wish he would be on ours. I'm sure he's not touching anything Superman related for a while b/c of the Batman movie. It's all up so Snider to make his best movie ever...

I think Nolan does video conference calls with Snyder.

So we're one month away from filming right? Late August?

I never saw why people got bent so out of shape about it. As long as Superman and General Zod aren't stopping mid-fight to sit down and have a shortstack and a coffee while discussing how good IHop is, what does it matter? I can't think of anything that would bother me less than seeing a logo in a movie.

Doesn't bother me...now if Supes sat down, looked up at the camera while taking a bite of wheaties and said ''you better eat yours'', then that would be different lol.

Yup so much money wasted on each ear of corn only for it to be recreated with CGI. I really think another reason they hired Snyder is because he's an economic director who can make a really good-looking movie without wasting through a massive budget.

Yep, he has a little Bay in him on multiple levels.

With, that being said Vancouver will be used for Metropolis.

I would imagine that is the case yes.

Also, the ford mustang.

How could I forget. I thought there was also a huge EA Sports sign in Metropolis during the blackout scene.

I never saw why people got bent so out of shape about it. As long as Superman and General Zod aren't stopping mid-fight to sit down and have a shortstack and a coffee while discussing how good IHop is, what does it matter? I can't think of anything that would bother me less than seeing a logo in a movie.

Maybe some kneel before Zod commercials pimping Everlast knee pads.

In Superman, it was spinning the earth backwards to bring Lois back to life. In Superman II it was outsmarting Zod and crushing his hand like it was made of styrofoam. In Superman Returns it was saving a nose-diving jet and lifting an entire continent spiked with Kryptonite to push it into space. In Justice League: Unlimited it was cutting loose and beating Darkseid as easily as breathing.

What specific feats do you want to see out of Superman in the upcoming film?

Here's ideas that come to mind for me:

Superman using both his x-ray and telescopic vision to witness something going on hundreds of miles away. Similar to in Crisis on Two Earths where he viewed Lex Luthor sitting in prison, but to a greater degree.

Superman handling Zod like a punching bag rag doll when the time comes.

Superman sustaining some major physical blow (such as being thrown into the ground to leave a big DBZ-type crater) only to get up and shake it off.

Bay's Transformers films have shamelessly plugged GMC and Chevy autos like crazy. The Fast and Furious films have plugged multiple autos as well throughout that franchise.

Plano, Illinois

I believe all Smallville scenes are being filmed there.

Aren't they also shooting outdoor Metropolis scenes in Chicago as well? The Trump Towers would be an awesome backdrop for a mid-air fight or rescue sequence.

Anyone else read the latest issue of Flashpoint?

<Spoilers below>

I felt sad after reading it.
In the Flashpoint universe, Kal El's rocket landed in Metropolis instead of Smallville.
He was captured by General Lane and the U.S. government, and it looks like they experimented on him for a couple of decades.
Krypto arrived with him too, unfortunately, all we see are his skeletal remains, as apparently government scientists had murdered him at some point.
Flashpoint Cyborg, Batman, and DCU Flash rescue what is the most disturbing portrayal of Superman that I have ever encountered, a skeletal figure, who's been caged like a lab rat and had god knows what done to him, who's never been in sunlight before.
I won't spoil the last few pages but I felt moved after reading this book.
I hate it when they kill Krypto.

Sounds like an interesting Elseworlds tale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"