"Make America Great Again"the F'dup Chapters in American History (The Trump Years) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Americans are heartless.
But...but....the land of the free.....

A poll is not representative of reality, but rather an estimate.
It's not like they asked every single american.
As such, and going by the number of protests alone, i have to believe that the vast majority is against it.

But even so, and going by what is going on...this cannot happen, evil cannot win.

I really don't think it is. There's a visible trend across Europe in terms of the Muslim ghettos that are developing and they're a lot less assimilated than collections of moderate Muslims who live in diverse areas. Part of this is due to the host countries not paying enough attention to these neighborhoods and going through the effort of providing infrastructure, but the fact that it's happening is difficult to debate. This isn't exclusive to Muslims, this is how every group operates. When a group is big enough to essentially "annex" an area for itself and regulate how those from "out-groups" can move in or out of that area they tend to do away with the necessity for assimilation. Think of the bible-belt areas in the US.

I know it sounds prejudicial, but seriously, there's a difference between trying to protect a group from unfair criticism or discrimination and turning your eyes away from a pertinent reality.

I'm not talking about that, I guarantee you that poster was referring to the debunked claim that there are neighborhoods in France that enforce Sharia Law with an iron fist and no cops dare to enter. That is BS.

Yes, birds of a feather flock together. If they are all practicing Muslims it stands to reason those rules will be held as important in their community. Very similar to Irish immigration in early 1900's America they are treated like second class citizens therefore they stick with their own out of necessity.

Not all Americans are bad.

I took my kids to a pro-immigrant rally today and the downtown square was packed.

Plus 65 million voted against Trump.

I took my kids to a pro-immigrant rally today and the downtown square was packed.

I think it's a fairly even split. I think it's a mixture of prejudice, fear, and misinformation.

Obama had a tough ass time turning our rep around and Trump undid that with several pen strokes. Something kinda Shakesperian about that.

Yeah like with all countries there are the good and the bad. Unfortunately the bad tend to be the most loud and the ones that stand out the most. It doesnt help that the government is being run by a group of those bad people. These next four years, or god forbid, these next eight years are going to tarnish America's image and reputation. Every bad stereotype and every bad american habit is going to be on display and encouraged by our government.

Isildur´s Heir;34755221 said:
But...but....the land of the free.....

A poll is not representative of reality, but rather an estimate.
It's not like they asked every single american.
As such, and going by the number of protests alone, i have to believe that the vast majority is against it.

But even so, and going by what is going on...this cannot happen, evil cannot win.

They're probably not. Though if it makes you feel any better I bet half the people polled had no idea what the ban is about.

America is rather uneducated for a developed country.

There's a reason an idiot like Trump is in the White House. Reasons other than the FBI and the Kremlin I mean.

Educated people in America live in a bubble.

I'm not talking about that, I guarantee you that poster was referring to the debunked claim that there are neighborhoods in France that enforce Sharia Law with an iron fist and no cops dare to enter. That is BS.
There is a neighborhood in Belgium that cops do not enter and it basically belongs to radicals.

The thing is, radicals are a minority.
The problem is, that minority is extremely loud, and that makes people scary and generalizations become the norm.
All Muslims are terrorist is one of them.

I'm going to pull an Al Bundy and load my car with cash and head for Canada, where they have hookers dressed like college girls. :o

Isildur´s Heir;34755391 said:
There is a neighborhood in Belgium that cops do not enter and it basically belongs to radicals.

The thing is, radicals are a minority.
The problem is, that minority is extremely loud, and that makes people scary and generalizations become the norm.
All Muslims are terrorist is one of them.

Having lived in Europe for a long time I can confirm that no-go zones do exist in many countries (France, Belgium, Britain, etc). Though how strictly Sharia is enforced varies greatly. A lot of them aren't that different from the really bad inner city neighborhoods in the states in the 1970s-1990s.

They're probably not. Though if it makes you feel any better I bet half the people polled had no idea what the ban is about.

There's a reason an idiot like Trump is in the White House. Reasons other than the FBI and the Kremlin I mean.

I get that, but the point is, you guys are, at this point, are the world's first stand.
If evil wins there, it will then jump to the rest of the world in full force.

It's already happening, even before Trump, but due to America's power, it will grow exponentially

Last edited:
Having lived in Europe for a long time I can confirm that no-go zones do exist in many countries (France, Belgium, Britain, etc). Though how strictly Sharia is enforced varies greatly. A lot of them aren't that different from the really bad inner city neighborhoods in the states in the 1970s-1990s.
Thank God i live in Portugal, one of the most peaceful countries there is.

Here, there is no radicalism, no racism, we accept everyone...at least, the vast majority think like that, the ones that do not, are not vocal about it.

Reminds me of what happened with HB2 in NC. I talked with North Carolinians that didnt really know what the bill did. They just heard that it was to stop sexual predators or worse thought it actually helped transgender people. If those misinformed people were polled Im sure they would have supported the bill. Misinformation can really **** up poll results.

Isildur´s Heir;34755439 said:
Thank God i live in Portugal, one of the most peaceful countries there is.

Here, there is no radicalism, no racism, we accept everyone...at least, the vast majority think like that, the ones that do not, are not vocal about it.

Isn't everyone Portuguese and Catholic? Besides maybe the village atheist.

Isildur´s Heir;34755431 said:
I get that, but the point is, you guys are, at this point, are the world's first stand.
If evil wins there, it will then jump to the rest of the world is full force.

It's already happening, even before Trump, but due to America's power, it will grow exponentially

America has played the "we saved the world from Hitler" card for decades.

That's one of the reasons other countries let us play world leader even at times when our goals were questionable.

We can no longer rely on the "beat Hitler" card. Other major powers are going to expect America to step aside from the leading role.

Goodbye moral supremacy. Goodbye credibility.

Isildur´s Heir;34755481 said:

My point is racism doesn't seem like a factor in such a homogenous society.

Americans hate each other because they're different. You're not going to have a civil war in New Hampshire.

America has played the "we saved the world from Hitler" card for decades.

That's one of the reasons other countries let us play world leader even at times when our goals were questionable.

We can no longer rely on the "beat Hitler" card. Other major powers are going to expect America to step aside from the leading role.

Goodbye moral supremacy. Goodbye credibility.
The "giving America the reigns of the world" was stupid, that's a fact; everyone should be on equal ground and not having one being the "police of the world".
But, that's what happened, and now all eyes are on you.

After this, things will change, they will have to; but until then, American is still the most powerful country in the world.

Americans hate each other because they're different. You're not going to have a civil war in New Hampshire.
Ok.
I didn't got all " everyone Portuguese and Catholic?".

btw, i'm not catholic :oldrazz:

But yes, we are all "one big family"

wait... no go areas in the UK? where?

You're not going to have civil war in NYC either.

It's when two culturally homogenous regions have conflicting interest you get civil war in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"