"Make America Great Again"the F'dup Chapters in American History (The Trump Years) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
[YT]HeD2sli_ATU[/YT]

He is such a weird cat.

He either talks about one basic point in circles for minutes or starts a new point that he talks on for five seconds and then utters his catch phrase "By the way" and then drifts onto another unrelated point or back to the point he was going around in circles with.

This meeting comes off like a kid who had to stand up in front of the class and speak about a subject he'd only read the cliff notes for. It's like he has ADHD.

Trump wouldn't have even read the cliff notes. He's too lazy to even do that.

wait... no go areas in the UK? where?

They don't exist.

I'm sorry but that no go zone stuff is bull****. Cops in the UK use it as an excuse to not do their jobs properly.

No go zones is the stuff some scared white folks say when about areas with larger than average minority populations.

There are certainly insular communities but the frantic scaremongering of Muslim ghettos that non-Muslims cannot enter is nonsense.

You have stupid islamophobia types saying you can't walk the streets of Woolwich with alcohol because sharia law patrols of extremist Muslims will assault which is clearly not true.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...dicalised-woolwich-reddit-video-a6766511.html

wait... no go areas in the UK? where?

Thundercrack said Europe. Unless I'm remembering wrong, Thunder lived in France so thats probably where he was referring to.

Pizza Hut... they love their ads to feature men who spelt doom for their respective superpowers.

endorsements-pizza-hut.jpg

donald-trump-has-endorsed-eating-pizza-backwards-2-31814-1464022467-2_dblbig.jpg

[YT]HeD2sli_ATU[/YT]

He is such a weird cat.

He either talks about one basic point in circles for minutes or starts a new point that he talks on for five seconds and then utters his catch phrase "By the way" and then drifts onto another unrelated point or back to the point he was going around in circles with.

This meeting comes off like a kid who had to stand up in front of the class and speak about a subject he'd only read the cliff notes for. It's like he has ADHD.

Trump is a guy who was born on third base and believed he hit a triple. He has little intelligence and a big appetite for sex, and now he controls the executive branch.

Isn't everyone Portuguese and Catholic? Besides maybe the village atheist.

Um, what? Unless you're talking about the people who live down in the interior south of the country, many of us aren't like that. :funny:

I was actually baptized Catholic, but I'm not much of a religious person and I accept LGBT rights. Everyone should love who they want, regardless of gender.

[YT]HeD2sli_ATU[/YT]

He is such a weird cat.

It's called round talking and it's used by salesmen to obfuscate when they have no idea wtf they're are talking about so they can segue into something they do know.

I am familiar with this BS tactic because I've done it for years. Trump is a snake oil salesmen. He's devotees are refusing to see the truth right now but just wait until about the 2 year mark (assuming he makes it that long). That will be when a lot of these policies are actually felt. I hope I'm wrong and Trump ushers in a new age of greatness but the pragmatist in me does not like the current trajectory.

They don't exist.

I'm sorry but that no go zone stuff is bull****. Cops in the UK use it as an excuse to not do their jobs properly.

No go zones is the stuff some scared white folks say when about areas with larger than average minority populations.

There are certainly insular communities but the frantic scaremongering of Muslim ghettos that non-Muslims cannot enter is nonsense.

You have stupid islamophobia types saying you can't walk the streets of Woolwich with alcohol because sharia law patrols of extremist Muslims will assault which is clearly not true.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...dicalised-woolwich-reddit-video-a6766511.html

Exactly the point I was trying to make. Total BS on both sides because locals and law enforcement don't want to bother "mixing" or trying to bridge the path and the immigrants don't feel it necessary to leave their bubble due to fear, complacency, whatever.

I don't know any developed country that bans a religion adhered to by... a third of the world?

But way to make a straw man.

Does the amount of people that believe in a particular idea make it legitimate?

Regardless, I'm not advocating a religious ban. Neither is the writer of the piece that I quoted. The only thing that Trump's ban is accomplishing is creating a piece of propaganda ISIS can use against the West. The current state of the ban means it's missing the real target, actual terrorists who come from other origins.

The point is that the Left is going overboard in its reaction to the ban. Most of the people chiming in haven't even read the law itself and are (as you would call it) arguing against a strawman.

The real aim should be focused, substantive criticism of the ban itself. Ranting and pearl clutching on twitter accomplishes nothing. I'm also unsure as to what the people protesting hope to accomplish. What meaningful way can their actions impact actual legislation?

In a way, this all just feels like too little too late. The battle has already been lost. The real way to stop Trump would've been on election day, when a third of eligible voters didn't show up. Granted, that's not much different than past elections. But this wasn't like previous elections, and so many people failed to see that while both candidates were surely flawed, one of them was at least capable of handling the job and not ruin the country in the process.
And then the electoral college failed us in December and allowed this madman to take the oath.

I can't see what more can be done other than organizing and making sure sane people (be they Democrat or Republican) win next November. But it looks like the parties are becoming even more divided and partisan. I'm not sure I see Democrats making much headway with their present course of action.

But then Democrats are at least partially to blame for the rise of Trump. When you constantly lie about the link between terrorism and Islam, when you cater to minute (but vocal) special interest groups instead of blue collar voters and then take that same group for granted come election season, this is what you get.

And it doesn't look like they're learning from their mistakes. Acting like petulant children that didn't get their way (and refusing to work with Trump even on issues they agree on) is unforgivable and exactly the kind of thing people hate about Congress.

Personally I feel that any god that condemns a person to eternal anguish and suffering for acting in a film isnt a god I want to worship.
There is no hell, so there.
There is no pure evil, so, there is no reason for hell to exist in the first place.

Even so, the simple idea that a god condemns anyone because he/she loved is moronic.
He doesn't matter who you love, as long as you do, and are content with it.

btw, i'm straight, as such, i'm not biased; i do defend that everyone has to right to love and be loved.

I'd love for some news organization to sit Trump down and make him explain why the **** any of his cabinet are qualified. Actually explain it, not "Er um... AMERICA!"

Pizza Hut... they love their ads to feature men who spelt doom for their respective superpowers.

endorsements-pizza-hut.jpg
How did Mikhail Gorbachev spelt doom?
Gorbachev was Russia's best president.

He ended the URSS, ended the cold war, tore down the Berlin Wall (yes, it was due to him and not Reagan)....

I will concede that Trump is the worst person to have ever been elected president. But Rome had its fair share of colorful emperors (to put it politely). I don't think things are at that point where we can't pull out of this dive.

I'm not going to lie and say that I am not worried. There isn't one competent world leader on the scene.

But if you look at the way young Americans voted (i.e. overwhelmingly not for Trump) there is some room to be hopeful.

So let's not all take our cyanide capsules just yet.

Well Trump may be President, but I am not sure he can be considered the leader of the free world.

The EU views him a threat, Mexico views him as an enemy and Canada is acting like a person locked in a room with a psycho: trying to be nice in hopes the psycho does not go crazy and attack.

I think Trump is brining the world back to a pre WWII state, where it was every country for themselves.

Though maybe the world depended on the US too much over the decades, maybe more countries will have to pull their own weight and find their own way, in this Trump era.

I think Trump is brining the world back to a pre WWII state, where it was every country for themselves.
This

Everything happening in the world right now can be resumed to a war between globalization vs anti-globalization.

This might be the most important struggle we ever faced, because this decision will be the future of mankind.

People talk about globalization as if it is a curse. Both liberals (I'm looking in your direction Bernie Sanders) and conservatives seem to these days. Globalizaiton has, admittedly, cost America some manufacturing jobs and had some other negative impacts. But the positive of it cannot be overstated. Globalization has brought medical and technological breakthroughs to poor third world countries, eliminating hunger and disease, that were claiming hundreds of thousands of lives, in some regions. It has opened up channels of communication and information sharing that one would've thought impossible even 20 years ago, making us a stronger, smarter, and more connected species. Its led to global initiatives and cooperation, the likes of which we have never seen.

So I agree, this is a defining moment for, not only our country, but our species. Do we pull the brakes and halt our progress because a few people can't be coal miners and factory workers anymore (newsflash, even if globalization were to come to a screeching halt, those jobs aren't coming back due to technological advancements in manufacturing, communication, and transportation combined cheaper labor even with massive tariffs)? Or do we continue to progress as a species?

Last edited:
People talk about globalization as if it is a curse. Both liberals (I'm looking in your direction Bernie Sanders) and conservatives seem to these days. Globalizaiton has, admittedly, cost America some manufacturing jobs and had some other negative impacts. But the positive of it cannot be overstated. Globalization has brought medical and technological breakthroughs to poor third world countries, eliminating hunger and disease, that were claiming hundreds of thousands of lives, in some regions. It has opened up channels of communication and information sharing that one would've thought impossible even 20 years ago, making us a stronger, more connected species. Its led to global initiatives and cooperation, the likes of which we have never seen.

So I agree, this is a defining moment for, not only our country, but our species. Do we pull the brakes and halt our progress because a few people can't be coal miners and factory workers anymore (newsflash, even if globalization were to come to a screeching halt, those jobs aren't coming back due to technological advancements in manufacturing, communication, and transportation combined cheaper labor even with massive tariffs)? Or do we continue to progress as a species?

It's not much different than automation and technology advances. Think of how massive an effect on jobs will occur when driverless trucks start becoming the norm.

Do we pull the brakes and halt our progress because a few people can't be coal miners and factory workers anymore (newsflash, even if globalization were to come to a screeching halt, those jobs aren't coming back due to technological advancements in manufacturing, communication, and transportation combined cheaper labor even with massive tariffs)? Or do we continue to progress as a species?
Exactly! Globalization is the future, it has to be.

We need to stand as one race, as the human race. One of the biggest fears of some of the anti-globalization movement is that it means the end of countries and cultures...it doesn't have to mean that.
We can be one and still have our own individuality.

The anti-globalization fighters don't want it because they will lose power.
The day we stand as one, we are all equal, no one will be more powerful than the other.

Globalization has it's problems as well, we need to change our mentality first.

Last edited:
Two Republicans flipped on DeVos. Apparently on more Republican is needed to oppose her completely. Fingers crossed. Education is one area this country can't **** around with anymore.

But hey, he still has Jerry Falwell Jr heading his higher education task force...

As someone that relies on monthly prescription medications Im more than a bit concerned about whats going to happen in the next four years. I wouldnt put it past Trump and the GOP to make it even harder for me to get my medicine and to get it at an afforable price.

Medical costs have been far above what they should be for too long as is. From hospitals, to perscription medicine. If you could get pharmaceutical companies, and hospitals in the US to charge actual reasonable rates, healthcare prices would probably drop naturally in response. I may dislike Trump, but I'd give the devil his due if he kept that campaign promise, but we all know he won't. He's too busy trying to strip healthcare away, and having Twitter wars with everyone to be bothered with doing something decent. Plus, Trump is a big business guy, I just don't see him stripping away profits from other money makers, unless they somehow go against his self interests.

Two Republicans flipped on DeVos. Apparently on more Republican is needed to oppose her completely. Fingers crossed. Education is one area this country can't **** around with anymore.

The damn has sprung a leak.

I dunno, what if bears suddenly organize against us? Devos probably knows what they're up to. Which is why she wants every school armed, and waiting for them.

Joking aside, good news (I hope). Devos may not have her hand on a nuke button, or have the power to set environmental efforts back to the stone age, but she was a disastrous threat to our school system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"