Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh i just remembered did anyone got the name of the Preacher in the church? I was hoping it was Norman Mckay(Kingdom Come).

Yeah, and you could tell they were scrambling as they kept "adjusting" their expectations over the first 4 days. Sad really, because I really, really like it.

It's still my favorite movie this year. I've seen it 3 times, and would happily go back for a 4th showing. :ST:

The one superhero fight that I want the most is Superman VS Darkseid, I pray I get to see it on the big screen one day. Darkseid is the one guy that can truly go toe to toe with Clark in every way. They'll probably save it for MOS3, let's hope we all get there.

I think it would be better to hope for a Superman movie that's true to the character and what you want to see in Superman movie, instead of worrying about what it does to the other franchises.

No I am not worried in particular on how the movie looks to other franchises or what it does to other franchises, I just want it to be better than the others.

If I had to rank out the superhero series in order of greatness (not box office) then I think The Dark Knight, followed by X-Men, followed by MCU, then Raimi's Spider-man. I hope that Man Of Steel ends up towering above them all.

How about a Luthor/Braniac combo and introduce the Dan Turpin character that would be murdered by Braniac,now we will see some acting from Henry anger,grief and humbled during the funeral for a friend. With Braniac we will see the bottled city of Kandor too. For the JL tie in Clark hears an emergency report of an interdimensional boom tube in Gotham with a report of The Flash and GL already engaging a being calling himself Kalibak

Probably a better place for that conversation: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=460185&page=11

No I am not worried in particular on how the movie looks to other franchises or what it does to other franchises, I just want it to be better than the others.

That kinda defeats the point. Can't all of the movies be good on their own merits?

I've always been a Star Wars/Star Trek fan. But I don't need one to be better than the other.

I feel as though Man Of Steel will do what Batman Begins did for the rebooted Batman franchise.

Man Of Steel is currently sitting at $520.3 million after only 17 days in release. Already besting Begins world wide tally of $374.2 million.

I feel the Man Of Steel Sequel will be on par or close to what The Dark Knight did box office wise especially if they incorporate a Batman cameo.

In my opinion Warner Bros. has done a fantastic job rebooting Superman with a great origin/reboot film which will lead into an even more brilliant sequel.

I feel as though when all is said and done, MOS will end up with around $750 million total world wide box office gross which is definitely a win in my books.

I wonder if the fact that Brainiac was in Singer's SR sequel will lower the odds of Brainiac being in MOS2. Maybe not, but it might be considered.
Yea,but imagine a Braniac thats also part of the destruction of Krypton and Luthor will deal with him just to beat Superman heck Snyder can even
have the three LOSH founders coming back in time to show Superman how important he is in the defense of mankind.:cwink:

The one superhero fight that I want the most is Superman VS Darkseid, I pray I get to see it on the big screen one day. Darkseid is the one guy that can truly go toe to toe with Clark in every way. They'll probably save it for MOS3, let's hope we all get there.

I see him being saved for the Justice League and Doomsday being part of MOS 3.

$520m. Not bad. :)

Exactly my thoughts. I've been spreading the word to all of my friends and family to see the film. I just caught it again this Saturday with family and i of course thoroughly enjoyed it (4th viewing) everyone loved it as well.

One thing i've been telling all of my family and friends before they view it, is to get the Richard Donnor/Christopher Reeves films out of their head. I simply explain that this is a retelling and some things have been changed. When i explain to them that this the Batman Begins of Superman, they completely understand and they walk out loving it.

Yes and no.

The fact that a record OW crowd turned out, despite generally negative reviews, tells me the audience is ready for a great Superman film. MOS was not great. If it had been the BO would have been a lot higher.

So the potential is there for an 800 million plus Superman film.

Before the film came out and you and the critics decided it wasn't a hit, I believe you were predicting a very modest box office. Now that the film did as you put it, a modest box office, you are suggesting that the brand is hot but the film itself is not.

I'm confused as to why you were predicting such low numbers early on?

still can get that 300mill domestic nice round number

It's still my favorite movie this year. I've seen it 3 times, and would happily go back for a 4th showing. :ST:
It is right behind MoS for me. Saw it twice in theaters. Would probably go again, but it isn't playing anywhere near me anymore.

Been a great summer so far imo.

Look. All Superman fans want Superman to be #1 in the movies. He was in the past. But times have changed and other Superheroes have emerged in films.

WB tried to get Superman back on track by rekindling the magic that the Donner films has but it bombed.

Nolan's Batman did great. Why because Batman is complex, with inner struggles. Not only does he fight crime, he has to battle the perception that he is more harm than good. People love that in a hero. And if he is not that than he better be funny. Is he a beacon of hope, or is he trying to find his way like all of us are.

Superman is in a tough place. Should he be prince charming, should he be a bad ass. Should he have all the answers, should he struggle. Should he be serious, should he be funny. SHould Clark be bumbling or should he be not bumbling.

Where does Superman go? I have heard plenty of people think that he is lame. That he is too corny. First time I heard that I was shocked, but I was a teenager.

Could there be a combination of both. Not really sure.

I think the WB chose to go forward and made the character more complex with inner struggles who doesnt have all the answers. And this different from what alot of people are used too.

There are technical filmaking issues fans have with the film. I dont know. I dont see it. Ive seen some bad films. MOS is not a bad film.

I think WB made the right choice. MOS is a success. They have reestablished Superman. I never expected a 1 billion mark for MOS.

MOS has gained more Superman fans than they have lost. The fans who dont like the movie are still Superman fans.

I think MOS2 will be a major success for all fans because there is a natural progression Superman will go through to be the hero well all know and love. And I think the sequel will make people appreciate MOS more.

MOS is a success.

I see him being saved for the Justice League and Doomsday being part of MOS 3.
Yeah more than likely we're going to see the end of MOS2 Kalibak doing something stupid and Superman beat him til he pass out,then Darkseid comes for his son hence JL time.

you know what would get everyone jazzed about in the sequel??

if there is some function/gala hosted by Lex Luthor ( the theme being the rebuilding of Metropolis into the "City of Tomorrow" ).

Clark Kent and Lois Lane attend as reporters.

Bruce Wayne attends as a fellow businessman/philanthropist.

Diana Prince attends as a political ambassador/dignitary.

you have one scene at the gala where Clark, Bruce, and Diana run into each other and exchange some words.

fans would go nuts to finally see Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman on the same screen together, even if it's just their alter egos.

Yeah, and you could tell they were scrambling as they kept "adjusting" their expectations over the first 4 days. Sad really, because I really, really like it.

Same. STID and MOS have been my favorite films this year.

It is right behind MoS for me. Saw it twice in theaters. Would probably go again, but it isn't playing anywhere near me anymore.

Been a great summer so far imo.

It's still playing by me, but I got too many other movies to see. Can't wait for the blu-ray.

It really has been great so far. Only movie I didn't like was World War Z, but I had some good laughs out of it.

Taking the nephew to Despicable Me 2 on Thursday. Can't wait. :up:

That kinda defeats the point. Can't all of the movies be good on their own merits?

I've always been a Star Wars/Star Trek fan. But I don't need one to be better than the other.
Yeah, even though Star Wars is clearly better. :cwink:

Nothing makes it more apparent then the Marvel vs. DC thing. For some it seems impossible to enjoy both IM3 and MoS just because of their origins. It is hilarious. For me, I get to enjoy both. :funny:

you know what would get everyone jazzed about in the sequel??

if there is some function/gala hosted by Lex Luthor ( the theme being the rebuilding of Metropolis into the "City of Tomorrow" ).

Clark Kent and Lois Lane attend as reporters.

Bruce Wayne attends as a fellow businessman/philanthropist.

Diana Prince attends as a political ambassador/dignitary.

you have one scene at the gala where Clark, Bruce, and Diana run into each other and exchange some words.

fans would go nuts to finally see Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman on the same screen together, even if it's just their alter egos.

Not happening.

Same. STID and MOS have been my favorite films this year.

I actually drove out to the *real* IMAX to see Star Trek again (closest to me is the mini-IMAX, but it works). Which was awesome.

Of course, when I tried to do the same thing to see Man of Steel again this week...

cxlsupes_zps97eae949.jpg

:argh:

The risk of Darkseid in a JLA movie is to come after Thanos in The Avengers 2.
The main rule to make a successful JLA movie is to give a great role to Batman in the plot. I don't see Batman fighting parademons a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"