Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
FX has been showing Star Trek '09 a lot these days. Can't even count how many times I have been channel surfing and just end up watching more then half the film. :funny:

OT but which one did you think was better? ST or STID?

OT but which one did you think was better? ST or STID?
I have only seen it twice, so it might be unfair at this point, but I'd probably take STID. Cumberbatch is so awesome.

Cumberbatch for Braniac! :hehe: :)

**** YES!!!!

that's literally all I could think about when I watched STID.

he just has that cold, menacing, deliciously evil voice!!!

but maybe........Cumberbatch for...........Lex Luthor??!!

I think if they can get a well known actor for Lex like Strong then they could go with lesser known actor for Metallo or Brainiac. That actor could pull a Ledger like performance and really shine

ny_times_tilda_swinton.jpg
Cumberbatch needs to give his career a turn this side of the Atlantic. Besides, I'd rather see Snyder and co. continue with the unconventional possibly fan unfriendly choices going forward.
Plus between Perry and Jenny, the red hair and the undies, this just seems like a given at this point.

whoops wrong thread.

The one superhero fight that I want the most is Superman VS Darkseid, I pray I get to see it on the big screen one day. Darkseid is the one guy that can truly go toe to toe with Clark in every way. They'll probably save it for MOS3, let's hope we all get there.

But what would be the different between this fight and the fight with Zod?

I am sort of tired of seeing one-on-one fights with Superman. You can't go much different. Punching, throwing, laser eyes, etc...

I would rather see a more challenging movie that involves 'war of the worlds' kind of scenario, plotting, organizing, etc. The superheroes (as in JLA) would be their generals (not unlike the Jedis in Star Wars' space saga)...

To be honest, individual movies would be same ol same ol as we're getting so many super hero movies / year now. It would be great to do a LOTR type trilogy. Entire story written and shot together. Large landscapes, epic sized battles, etc.

That kinda defeats the point. Can't all of the movies be good on their own merits?

I've always been a Star Wars/Star Trek fan. But I don't need one to be better than the other.

yup, the more the merrier... Loved Star Trek, am hoping the new Star Wars will be just as good.

But what would be the different between this fight and the fight with Zod?

I am sort of tired of seeing one-on-one fights with Superman. You can't go much different. Punching, throwing, laser eyes, etc...

I would rather see a more challenging movie that involves 'war of the worlds' kind of scenario, plotting, organizing, etc. The superheroes (as in JLA) would be their generals (not unlike the Jedis in Star Wars' space saga)...

To be honest, individual movies would be same ol same ol as we're getting so many super hero movies / year now. It would be great to do a LOTR type trilogy. Entire story written and shot together. Large landscapes, epic sized battles, etc.

yup, the more the merrier... Loved Star Trek, am hoping the new Star Wars will be just as good.

ZOD has nothing on Darkseid. It would be a totally different fight and experience all around. Darkseid could use his minions like Granny Goodness. Seeing Darkseid on the big screen would be something special

I want to see this done in the sequel. This would be a great scene for the movie.

9D26D010-4875-4EB6-A21B-04F68EB3621C-270-0000001367686173_zpsb6785fb6.jpg

52025EED-C9A4-41E7-875B-83E20BAA0747-270-000000135F750C9A_zps0e55c4c7.jpg

So what's everyone domestic prediction for Monday (tomorrow)?

Last Monday it was at 4.5, but this is July 4th week so could see some extra business during the week.

I want to see this done in the sequel. This would be a great scene for the movie.

9D26D010-4875-4EB6-A21B-04F68EB3621C-270-0000001367686173_zpsb6785fb6.jpg

52025EED-C9A4-41E7-875B-83E20BAA0747-270-000000135F750C9A_zps0e55c4c7.jpg

where is this from?? it looks like a 52 comic.....

but, yes, I'd like this, too. not sure about Lex in a battle suit.

but this does play on themes presented in MOS.

how does the world react to Superman?

will Superman kill again?

etc.

etc.
Considering the suit... :cwink:

Tobias was right to cautious. His thing now is he doesn't like the film, so he is still kicking it.

tobias is delusional at the point he is acting like a 250 million doemstic intake within 3 weeks is some sort of failure and a 520 WW so far is not that impressive and even a projected 650-700 predicted run intake will still be meh lol

etc.
This was one of the action comic (Forgot which one) I happen to quickly read it at the store and took this picture thinking it would go well with the sequel. The comic itself goes well with the theme of MOS. lex has a full suit with head protector by some form of shield like what Zod uses. People's reaction in this scene is what I want MOS to capture in the sequel. Eventually becoming the symbol of hope.

tobias is delusional at the point he is acting like a 250 million doemstic intake within 3 weeks is some sort of failure and a 520 WW so far is not that impressive and even a projected 650-700 predicted run intake will still be meh lol
I am personally cautiously optimistic even still. But if it really does $300m domestically and $700m WW, I will be happy to have been wrong. Very, very happy.

At least we are done predicting $800m and up. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back