Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible 21 million midnight is frakking HUGE, people. HUGE. Even if it's slightly lower, this thing is on it's way to at least 130 million weekend.

No. Anybody who saw the Wal mart 7 PM showings would have been there on opening day.

Walmart thing is being exaggerated. Even without Wal Mart, MOS would have done at least 15 million if not 17 to 18 million in midnights, which is a very large number for this film.

Does the wal mart screening money not count to some of you? I myself saw both.
I also saw some other folks that went to the walmart screenings and the midnite showing.
fwiw, my midnite showing was even more packed than the walmart one.

Apples and oranges. I think a reasonable amount of people who went to the Walmart screenings would have gone to the midnight showings in the first place. So of course this is hypothetical but my guess is that MOS would have had US$ 16-17 million had there NOT been Walmart showings.

If people had not gone to see it for the Wal Mart showing it would have made more or possibly less than it did. 21 million is damn good if you ask me. I think alot of people like the earlier showings opening night because of what happened in Colorado. I am not sure the 9m from midnight included IMAX. Once again MoS opens to 21m from early and midnight showings---pretty damn impressive

Good Points...

I think Wal-Mart probably helped by a few million overall... prob lots of people went to watch it twice on the same day....

Also, it's also reasonable to assume that lots of those Wal-Mart audiences would not be watching on Friday, so, the actual number may be mis-leading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"