Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
From @BoxOffice:

Early grosses put THE HEAT on pace for $45M this weekend and WHITE HOUSE DOWN at $27M

I hope these two new releases don't hurt MOS too much. :whatever:

It should be able to reach 250 if it average about 7.6 Mil Friday-Sunday. I actually hoping it surprise us with more... We'll see... All we have to do is just do your part by going back to see it :woot:

I'm going back on Sunday (#5 for me) and bringing my parents along. A lot of people at my job want to see MOS but purposely didn't go the first couple of weekends with "the crazies" as they say. So with lots of people taking vacation time this week to coincide with the 4th of July holiday, I'm hoping MOS hangs in there with the new releases. I'm holding off on seeing WWZ and WHD until next week myself.

Superman fans, time to spread the words again and tell those you know who haven't seen MOS to go see it this weekend. Than tell them to tell their friends and family to go see it too... that's how WOM works... :woot:

Superman fans, time to spread the words again and tell those you know who haven't seen MOS to go see it this weekend. Than tell them to tell their friends and family to go see it too... that's how WOM works... :woot:

I'll be going tomorrow night and taking my parents next week as well:word:

I've seen it 5 times, and while I do have the money to go see it again a 6th time and maybe even a 7th this weekend, unfortunately the temps today and over the weekend are a bit too excessive at this point:

It's 12:45PM right now and it's 106F here in Vegas, on the way to potentially 112-114F, and tomorrow we're looking at 110-115F all over again and the same Sunday so, even though I love the movie and wouldn't mind a few more viewings, I am not leaving my currently somewhat comfortable air conditioned studio apartment in downtown. :)

Would consider a midnight show at someplace like Sam's Town or whatever (something not on the Strip I mean) but the ticket pricing is insane for the late shows: if I can't catch a matinee then I typically don't go.

But to be honest, MoS was the first theater movie I've gone to in over 4 years. I just don't go much anymore compared to how much I did in my youth decades ago. :D

Saw it today in a practically empty theatre but to be fair it is the 3rd weekend of release.

What are Spider-Man's (2002) Box Office numbers adjusted with inflation and 3D ticket pricing? Just curious.

156/540/1.1bish

Man of Steel about 17.6 for the week, maybe 17.7. I had it at 15 - 18 million for the week.

Box office threads are funny. They always result in half a dozen fans egging on the success of their movie, trying to accelerate its takings by force of will; and one mysterious poster who is desperate to ensure that the very same film is perceived as a failure.

Box office threads are funny. They always result in half a dozen fans egging on the success of their movie, trying to accelerate its takings by force of will; and one mysterious poster who is desperate to ensure that the very same film is perceived as a failure.

There is a psychology to it.

Yeah no. 600 million plus should never be considered modest. Its done great and most importantly for WB, it has revived the franchise after the damage superman returns did.

If a film performs below expected, then it doesn't matter how much it grossed. 600 million is just a number. If a low budget romantic comedy grosses 600 million, that would be nothing short of earth shattering. If in 2015 Avengers 2 grosses 600 million, that would be considered a huge failure.

Man Of Steel was the most talked about movie all year. The anticipation for thing was very, very high. The positivity surrounding this movie was overwhelming. The marketing was top notch. It had the highest opening weekend in the history of June. It's very understandable that to some, 600 million is a modest final take.

Man Of Steel "revived" the brand in the sense that people are at least talking about Superman. But I believe it did severe damage as well. Every time you release a bad Superman movie, you miss out on winning over a new generation of fans. Superman will always be an icon in a way Iron Man and Captain America can't be, but I'm willing to bet that come Halloween you will see more kids dressed as their favorite Avenger than Superman. And when these kids are all grown up and have children of their own, it won't be Superman cartoons they'll be showing them. It's gonna be Iron Man cartoons. The stuff they watched when they were kids.

Superman used to own the largest share in superhero fandom. Now he's got some serious competition. That is a testament to just how much WB and DC have dropped the ball.

Man of Steel about 17.6 for the week, maybe 17.7. I had it at 15 - 18 million for the week.

Looks like I was spot on on my mini-prediction of $225 million domestic through Thursday, and it actually surpassed my expectations. That Tuesday bump really helped. I'm even more confident that my $250 million through the weekend prediction will be right on the money too.

$300 million domestic is still very much in play.

BO threads are crazy... just a glance through the other forums for Iron Man 3, TDKR, and so on are crazy heated debates with the same amount of doom and gloom in those thread as well. I guess this is how fanboy do their thing in BO threads :jedi lol

Source? Or are these just numbers based on business for only half the day?

Looks like I was spot on on my mini-prediction of $225 million domestic through Thursday, and it actually surpassed my expectations. That Tuesday bump really helped. I'm even more confident that my $250 million through the weekend prediction will be right on the money too.

$300 million domestic is still very much in play.

You would fall about $5M short with that number.

Source? Or are these just numbers based on business for only half the day?

You can see the number at Boxofficemojo.com. From Monday to Thursday its at $17,761,953. It's doing better than I predicted up to this point. If it can pull in 22.8 Million over Friday to Sunday it will be over 250 Million Domestic.

Once the OS numbers are updated this Sunday the WW total could be up to 500 mil with 250-275 mil OS.

BO threads are crazy... just a glance through the other forums for Iron Man 3, TDKR, and so on are crazy heated debates with the same amount of doom and gloom in those thread as well. I guess this is how fanboy do their thing in BO threads :jedi lol

Kumbaya, my Lord, Kumbayaaaa :-D

Oh pshh nvm, I thought that said weekend not week.

You can see the number at Boxofficemojo.com. From Monday to Thursday its at $17,761,953. It's doing better than I predicted up to this point. If it can pull in 22.8 Million over Friday to Sunday it will be over 250 Million Domestic.

Yep. Pulling in $20-25 million through the weekend is very much in play. I was dead wrong about WWZ, but I'm going to predict that The Heat underperforms at BO. $45 million for that seems awfully high, does it not?

Yep. Pulling in $20-25 million through the weekend is very much in play. I was dead wrong about WWZ, but I'm going to predict that The Heat underperforms at BO. $45 million for that seems awfully high, does it not?

I think MOS will make about 17M this weekend. That is about a 58% drop from last weekend and 58% was about the drop MOS had from M-Thu last week to this week. I hope I am wrong, but with these two new releases I just don't see MOS doing any better. :whatever:

The Heat could do well based on its leads. I know that's what initially attracted me, but early reviews are making it look decent but not great. One thing I'll say is that for a while on these boards people were talking about the Heat and I didn't know what they were talking about. My wife saw the trailer the other day and asked why she hadn't heard of the movie. I feel like they haven't heavily promoted it until now and that might hurt it, too.

The question is whether or not the people who aren't in it for WHD or Heat go back to MOS or WWZ/MU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"