Man Of Steel Trailer Crowd Reactions Thread

My theater barely reacted to anything. I guess the trailers that got the most reaction were White House Down and Catching Fire and even those weren't people cheering or anything.

It's too bad the MOS one wasn't choosen to play before Iron Man 3.

I saw Iron Man 3 yesterday and who decides what particular trailers get attached to whatever movie I simply have no idea. MOS was not attached to my screening of IM3 and to say that I was mortified would be an understatement!.

When I saw IM3....the trailer for MoS was shown....so all I have to say is that someone hates you and is doing everything in their power to keep you from seeing the MoS trailer....I suggest that you don't go to any other movies this summer so that you don't ruin it for anyone else who wants to see the MoS trailer.

Please think of your fellow Hypsters.....

lol

well, I think they hate me too, I haven't seen a MoS trailer so far, not even the teasers, and I'm always, ALWAYS going to the movies, at least once a week.
:(
I'm about to go watch Oblivion in an hour, let's see if I have luck this time.

Monsters University, The Wolverine, After Earth, Fast & Furious 6, Man of Steel, Star Trek Into Darkness. None of them got a reaction. Meh.

What did you think of Iron Man 3?

Liked it. About as big an improvement from Iron Man 2 as you can get. But it still doesn't touch Iron Man. Like most Marvel Studios films I won't be watching it again anytime soon.

For once, I made it a point to not know the "twist" since everyone kept talking it up. And I quickly figured it out during my screening. More I think about it, the worse it stands.

Such a slap in the face. Loses all the impact of Acts I & II. Can't spend 90 minutes establishing the Mandarin as scary and dangerous and then say "Never mind he was just a wacky actor" and play it as a joke and not expect heat. Extremities didn't make one lick of sense either. No set "rules" of what can stop them. They survive explosions, bullet shots and limbs cut off but a random blast from Tony and suddenly they're dead (and that's after numerous blasts too!)

But I was genuinely relieved to see "Dummy" was alive in the back of Stark's car at the end.

I saw IM 3. and I got the MOS trailer with it!! It was the 3rd trailer I think. Woo-Hoo!!!

I also got Star Trek, Fast and Furious, Wolverine, After Earth, Lone Ranger, and Great Gasby. oh and Thor 2.

No Pacific Rim though.........:(

Oh, and my crowd actually reacted! When the trailer started, a few people were whispering "Superman." and when it was over, several kids were saying "Superman!!"

Last edited:
Liked it. About as big an improvement from Iron Man 2 as you can get. But it still doesn't touch Iron Man. Like most Marvel Studios films I won't be watching it again anytime soon.

For once, I made it a point to not know the "twist" since everyone kept talking it up. And I quickly figured it out during my screening. More I think about it, the worse it stands.

Such a slap in the face. Loses all the impact of Acts I & II. Can't spend 90 minutes establishing the Mandarin as scary and dangerous and then say "Never mind he was just a wacky actor" and play it as a joke and not expect heat. Extremities didn't make one lick of sense either. No set "rules" of what can stop them. They survive explosions, bullet shots and limbs cut off but a random blast from Tony and suddenly they're dead (and that's after numerous blasts too!)

But I was genuinely relieved to see "Dummy" was alive in the back of Stark's car at the end.
I honestly didn't have trouble with a twist. I thought it was funny and interesting but fair enough. Interesting review all around though. Thanks for the response.

P.S. It wasn't hard to get much better than Iron Man 2.

I had already spoiled myself of the twist beforehand, so I guess it had less of an impact. And I was kind of interested to see how they pulled it off.

If I had gone in cold, I probably would have been so pissed........lol

I was already kind of mad that the Mandarin wasn't Asian. Being of half-Asian descent myself, I was looking forward to seeing an Asian villain in a comic book movie who was a truly great threat. When And Lau was cast at one point, I figured he would be the Mandarin. Then they announced Ben Kingsley, and I was like........wtf?? he's not Asian!! Hello?? the guy is called the MANDARIN!!

So, for me, the Mandarin was never truly in the film anyways, so I guess that's also why the twist didn't affect me that much.

and, in a way, I feel like it "minimizes" the real Bin Ladens and terrorists and dictators of the world. They can't just be passed off as wacky drunk actors named Trevor.........

I got trailer 2, but like every advertisement I see for any movie in the cinema, there was no reaction. People are very well-mannered in the cinema over here.

Last edited:
I saw IM3(2D) and MOS trailer was shown and I think it was the first trailer shown. No real reaction to it.

I couldn't stand the twist myself. It irked me beyond belief, and I'm not even a Mandarin fan. Ugh, it ruined the film for me, to be honest. Fans of movie are acting as if I'm going overboard but I didn't find the twist and villain to be thought-provoking. It was a cheap ploy. Why bother calling Killian 'The Mandarin'? The villain was never a pissed off scientist who sought to get even at Tony for 'insulting' him years prior. :barf:

Killian's motivations were also a problem for me.

Leave a nerd waiting for you for an hour without you showing up and you'll create the greatest villain ever. :whatever:

It was just laughable.

I just wanna see a good and scary villain in Michael Shannon. One who has strong motivations for his actions. Motivations that actually make sense.

Last edited:
Killian's motivations were also a problem for me.

Leave a nerd waiting for you for an hour without you showing up and you'll create the greatest villain ever. :whatever:

It was just laughable.

I just wanna see a good and scary villain in Michael Shannon.

Don't bring that up with fans. Apparently the twist was quite clever and if you don't get the 'existential' themes behind what Black was going for with this "Man Daren", then you're just another fanboy blinded by rage. :doh:

Oh, I'm blinded by rage alright. I wish I hadn't wasted 15 bucks to get my intelligence insulted by Marvel Studios. I'm done with the Iron Man franchise.

It shouldn't be hard for Zod to top Mandarin.

Don't bring that up with fans. Apparently the twist was quite clever and if you don't get the 'existential' themes behind what Black was going for with this "Man Daren", then you're just another fanboy blinded by rage. :doh:

Oh, I'm blinded by rage alright. I wish I hadn't wasted 15 bucks to get my intelligence insulted by Marvel Studios. I'm done with the Iron Man franchise.

It shouldn't be hard for Zod to top Mandarin.

Agree with you on all counts. They tried telling me on the IM3 forums that I just didn't get it. The reason being that I simply didn't understand this "fresh" take on a comic book film. That this was daring, and flying above the heads of people who didn't agree with the obvious lazy storytelling.

Never mind that the villain that the marketing depended on...the Mandarin had friggin one-sheets and was all over the commercials. The trailers and spots had this as an Iron Man vs Terrorism Real World sell to it. THAT was interesting, and had me awaiting how it would play out.... And to just bank a left in the middle of the film and reveal the Mandarin was just an actor for hire.

It's insulting is what it is. At least wait till the end to keep the audience in suspense. They lost me right there. I laughed, because
Kingley
is such a great actor and he did a commendable job. Still, I was like, "that's it? he's done with?"

The story hotshot-ing really undermined the premise of the whole film. At least, the one they were selling to audiences. They were hoping that (RDJ) and the comedic elements would be enough to cover up the many, many flaws. And, as you can see....to those of us (or them) clever enough to "get it". It did cover up many of them. 10/10! :rolleyes:

No wonder Downey is finished with Iron Man. Nothing left to see here folks....

I got the MOS trailer during my viewing of IM3. Very quit during the trailer, some chatter afterwards, especialy by these two women behind me "Guuuurl, yes. We gone see dat!!!"

Agree with you on all counts. They tried telling me on the IM3 forums that I just didn't get it. The reason being that I simply didn't understand this "fresh" take on a comic book film. That this was daring, and flying above the heads of people who didn't agree with the obvious lazy storytelling.

Never mind that the villain that the marketing depended on...the Mandarin had friggin one-sheets and was all over the commercials. The trailers and spots had this as an Iron Man vs Terrorism Real World sell to it. THAT was interesting, and had me awaiting how it would play out.... And to just bank a left in the middle of the film and reveal the Mandarin was just an actor for hire.

It's insulting is what it is. At least wait till the end to keep the audience in suspense. They lost me right there. I laughed, because
Kingley
is such a great actor and he did a commendable job. Still, I was like, "that's it? he's done with?"

The story hotshot-ing really undermined the premise of the whole film. At least, the one they were selling to audiences. They were hoping that (RDJ) and the comedic elements would be enough to cover up the many, many flaws. And, as you can see....to those of us (or them) clever enough to "get it". It did cover up many of them. 10/10! :rolleyes:

No wonder Downey is finished with Iron Man. Nothing left to see here folks....

What the....PICKLE-El?? There's ANOTHER El on these boards?! I said no more El's dammit!! :argh:

:woot: Kidding, kidding. 100% AGREED. Even I know that Mandarin is Iron Man's arch nemesis, and despite Kingsley to see him jobbed like that...I honestly believe Marvel pulled off the greatest bit of "trolling" of all time.

That said, I went to see IM3 today to get a second opinion of the film. Didn't bother with 3D/XD/LieMax, whatever, I saw it in good ol' fashioned 2D. And it didn't even HAVE the Man of Steel trailer attached to it. So I walked out of the theater and got my money back :woot:

Not gonna suffer through two and a half hours of rubbish without even a small bit of a consolation prize. :o

Didn't get it at my IM3 showing....damn near showed every other trailer for summer.

Fast 6.
After Earth.
Pacific Rim.
Star Trek.
The Great Gatsby.
The Hangover.
The Wolverine.
Thor 2.

Only audible reaction was really reserved for Fast 6. People seemed to really enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"