Man Of Steel Trailer Crowd Reactions Thread

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by Excel, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Greeneyes

Greeneyes The World Isn't Ready

:applaud

Was she as big and gross as :jabba

2. sf2

sf2 Well-Known Member

lol. what a funny post.

but some girls do like Brandon very much. 2 of my girl friends commented that Cavill looks ugly. Exact word. (Referring to the pic of him with Amy from the trailer.) They were asking why not using Brandon who looks much more handsome.

3. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

they must be blind lol

henry has that rugged hugh jackman handsome look going

while brandon has that pretty boy justin timberlake baby face look

4. Heat Vision

Heat Vision Well-Known Member

Yeah, ugly and Henry Cavill are three words that shouldn't be in the same phrase.

5. sf2

sf2 Well-Known Member

perhaps they prefer baby face... wait. brandon routh doesn't have baby face. tom welling does.

6. DaRkVeNgeanCe

DaRkVeNgeanCe An Epic Film Guy

As a straight man I can say both men are attractive but Cavill has more of that tough rugged look.

7. ConnorKon-El

ConnorKon-El Amateur Film Nerd

here is how i feel at least
    Brandon Routh looks like Christopher Reeve
    Henry Cavill looks like Superman
    Nuff Said.
    :o

8. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

eh not really routh looks like earth one superman
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and henry looks like every jim lee superman
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  9. sf2

sf2 Well-Known Member

Routh looks great as superman. But once a comparison is made with Reeve, he looks ametuer / fan made/ a lower quality kinda superman. I hope Cavill is up to the mark to compete. [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

10. sf2

sf2 Well-Known Member

Because he can grow a full beard? Lol. Kidding.
    Ya agree. Routh’s serious / determined look isn’t as good as Cavill’s. Routh has a more gentle, caring and funny look.

11. sup101

sup101 Well-Known Member

Henry not trying to compete with anybody.He bringing his own superman to the table and not tryna copy Christopher Reeves like Brandon Routh did.

12. The Shield

The Shield It's really Happening!

My night was just Made!!! I had to hold my mouth from exploding in laughter at my desk here at work. Hahaha... Oh man thank you. Greatest piece I've ever read in here orany forum.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  13. Mace Bloodstone

Mace Bloodstone Well-Known Member

Routh would be good for if superman was in the avengers movie, more cartoon comic type of setting.

14. Nvmyprixgt

Nvmyprixgt Well-Known Member

Have you guys watched the live reaction videos to the trailer on youtube? THey are awesome!

15. Mace Dolex

Mace Dolex Powerful User

What the eff do women want Superman to look like, Justin Bieber?!

16. ArmsHeldOut

ArmsHeldOut Peaky Blinder

:up:

17. Mace Dolex

Mace Dolex Powerful User

Routh looked more like Superboy than man.

18. tomoe

tomoe Well-Known Member

I think all the movie Supermans have looked extremely handsome and great as Superman while the TV Supermans looked totally wrong. Thank goodness it's not the other way around. Welling is the one who looks like a prettyboy band member. My first reaction when Routh was cast was thank god it's not Welling. And Dean Cain does not look handsome to me. I also hated Gerard Christopher as Superboy; he was so weird and lopsided. He even talked lopsided. I kept waiting for John Haymes Newton to come back. I was a kid so thought he was just sick or something. I did enjoy the George Reeves TV show and would watch the Superman marathons that used to come on every year or so. Can't wait for Man of Steel.

19. ArmsHeldOut

Why do you feel this is important to share? People aren't allowed to like different types for whatever reason? If they prefer Brandon, that's fine. It's not like Cavill has a problem w/ the ladies.

20. sf2

sf2 Well-Known Member

because it surprised me. The only comment they gave me after watching the trailer is the new guy look ugly. the old guy look more handsome. They want him. Wonder if any of you get the same from girls.

21. Glassjaw

Glassjaw In training

Haha there needs to be a reaction thread for that post alone.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  22. sup101

sup101 Well-Known Member

Nope, you the only person saying that.Nobody cares!

23. ArmsHeldOut

They're probably just ********* that Routh isn't returning. My friend Meg actually expressed mild concern that they unjustly "fired" him, but she seems to prefer HC's looks quite a bit more. Other women in my life don't remember who Routh is.

24. sf2

sf2 Well-Known Member

probably. Surely Routh has faded away. Very few people can remember and know him. He has nothing on the big screen since SR. he might never return to the big screen. [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

25. Naite22

Naite22 Well-Known Member

If anything, it was NOT Brandon Routh's fault that SR didn't work. He actually did a pretty good job with what he was given. (sidenote. Every one was so anxious to see Spacey as Lex Luthor back in the days. Just revisited SR yesterday. It sure as hell has its good things - But Kevin Spacey is so damn boring in the role!). Anyway. Routh was sadly enough just directed pretty poor by Singer. And he didn't get to have that much character because of the way the script was written and such. But Brandon still had the look, the voice, and the presence to have earned wearing the cape. Brandon was NOT the problem.

I really liked Routh, and in the beginning I couldn't understand why the heck they would spend time on searching the world for yet another new superman, when Routh was so great for the part... But the more I thought about it, the more I could understand the decision for it. If I recall correctly, didn't Routh actually meet up with Nolan and Snyder at one point? Anyways, they're rebooting the man of steel for an all new generation. A franchise that'll have absolutely nothing to do with that of SR, which also had connections to the Reeve films. It's an all new beginning. Because of that and because of the fact that it would've been confusing for many, had Routh still played superman in Snyders MOS, than I could more and more understand the decision to recast yet again... I'll be honest. I wasn't all to sure about Henry to begin with. Than again, I didn't know about him either, so I had to keep a certain amount of neutrality about the fella. But I instantly thought that Routh LOKKED like a much better Superman, when first comparing Cavill to him. Again, I was very stuck on the whole Christopher Reeve feel, and like many, I had to be shaken out of that. I needed to understand that everything has a time where it/we must move on. And this is the time for superman!

The more I saw of Cavill, the more I warmed up to him. For every new pic. For every interview, and namely after seeing him and hearing him speak at Comic-con, I began to be won over in major ways. And now, after the arrival of the new trailer, I'm pretty floored by him! He's different and he's suppose to be. I honestly believe that Henry Cavill will do for superman, what Daniel Craig has done for Bond! This will be a superman with an edge. With some roughness, more character and with much more dimensionality and depth. I really can't wait to see this movie in its entirely. NEVER been so stoked for a flick before. That's the God's honest truth!