Man Of Steel Trailer Crowd Reactions Thread

I agree with wanting a superman trilogy first and a justice league later.I do think it makes more sense to shelve JL and have a proper run at the solos.

But Greed talks.Why wld Wb settle for having MOS alone when they can go for JL as well?Thats 2 hit franchises the equivalent of their own Ironman and Avengers.WB is in serious need of tentpoles after TDKR and Harry potter ended.

No that's true too but don't they think a JL movie could potentially put people off the MOS solo franchise? People do have an attitude of why should we pay this much for just Superman when we can pay this much for Superman, Batman etc in one film? I know Avengers did it too but it's a risk but depends on how greedy they are as you said.

Here's my thoughts though, Justice League will make money anyway but why through Batman and Superman together when they can make money on their own? Plus look at the Dark Knight trilogy, it was a massive hit wouldn't WBs want that for Superman? I actually think it makes more sense to shelve Justice League and have a proper run at the solo projects.

Don't get me wrong I'm not against Justice League but I'd rather have a Superman trilogy first and Justice League later.

Same here, but I can't see WB going that way.

Same here, but I can't see WB going that way.

We'll have to wait and see. I'd like to think WBs know the Justice League film needs time, especially after the mess that was Green Lantern, not that GL was rushed but it failed for specific reasons. I think Man of Steels potential as a solo franchise could change their minds. But saying that Iron Man 3 will probably be a smash hit then they might think well Superman can go back solo after the JL film.

what's with all this Pacific Rim talk?! The movie looks like Cloverfield meeting gigantic Transformers! Your typical popcorn flick. How could that one ever be considered to be above MOS? MOS is so freaken more appealing.

No that's true too but don't they think a JL movie could potentially put people off the MOS solo franchise? People do have an attitude of why should we pay this much for just Superman when we can pay this much for Superman, Batman etc in one film? I know Avengers did it too but it's a risk but depends on how greedy they are as you said.

The bolded is all WB sees.The Avengers did it,so can they.Marvel has solo filmfranchises going on and a teamup so they probabaly tink well so can we.
The only way JL gets shafted is i WB finds another summer tentpole-aside fromMOS for 2015 and I cant see how.

I think Pacific Rim looks terrible tbh, looked like a big budget Power Rangers to me.

Man of Steel definitely looks more appealing but WBs would have probably looked and though the last Superan film wasn't well received and we have to make this film dye to the court ruling (which could turn out to be a blessing in disguise for them) etc and looked at Pacific Rim it's huge, it has giant robots and aliens (toys), Transformers ade shed loads this looks like Transformers etc so you couldn't really blame them when you look at those reasons for prioritising Rim. After all they're in it to make money.

what's with all this Pacific Rim talk?! The movie looks like Cloverfield meeting gigantic Transformers! Your typical popcorn flick. How could that one ever be considered to be above MOS? MOS is so freaken more appealing.

I can see why it's appealing to some, but it isn't to me and, honestly, I don't see it being huge.

I can see why it's appealing to some, but it isn't to me and, honestly, I don't see it being huge.

Me either, think it looks awful. Could be a major flop but who knows these days??!

Me either, think it looks awful. Could be a major flop but who knows these days??!

Yeah, kinda hard to predict. Maybe people are excited about it because it has Del Toro's name attached to it.

My main issue with the Pacific Rim trailer was... after all of the hype and how secretive they've been about the film up to this point... it didn't blow me away, and I expected to be blown away. I mean, it showcased a lot of action and the robots look cool, but it wasn't like the MoS and Star Trek trailers, both of which made me go, "TICKET SOLD!!"

I hope that we get a little more of an epic feel with the next Pacific Rim trailer.

We'll have to wait and see. I'd like to think WBs know the Justice League film needs time, especially after the mess that was Green Lantern, not that GL was rushed but it failed for specific reasons. I think Man of Steels potential as a solo franchise could change their minds. But saying that Iron Man 3 will probably be a smash hit then they might think well Superman can go back solo after the JL film.

It sickens me that whatever plans they may have had for the Superman franchise is going to get derailed by Justice League.

Who said wb placed Pacific Rim over Man of Steel?That's just pure speculation.

Who said wb underestimated Superman?That's just pure speculation.

It's silly how people write stuff without any real information to back it up.

You can't go by what you think and sound off as if it's tru.
maybe it was constructed base on the given budgets of both films? Giant robots and creatures always have audiences.

maybe it was constructed base on the given budgets of both films? Giant robots and creatures always have audiences.
MOS will do better then Pacific Rim, money wise and do better when it come to the critics and reviews.

It sickens me that whatever plans they may have had for the Superman franchise is going to get derailed by Justice League.

That's exacted how I feel. How is it that all of a sudden they have this great idea when for years its been in movie hell? They should have kept going when they were in pre production with jla 5 years ago. They let the writer's strike derail them and now they are playing catchup to marvel. And because of that it could mess with the solo uninterrupted franchise time that Superman deserves. And what the fans and world are asking for (even if the world dont know it. ;) ) Although if it weren't for these series of events we might not have MOS... Basically I agree. I don't want this potential franchise to to take longer to develop or have the stories suffer.

If MOS is a success, when would we expect a sequel assuming JL doesn't happen. 2016? Would it be on the same 3-4 year schedule as TDK trilogy?

If MOS is a success, when would we expect a sequel assuming JL doesn't happen. 2016? Would it be on the same 3-4 year schedule as TDK trilogy?

Man... I really wouldn't want to wait that long. I wish they could have pull off a Peter Jackson and flim the next movies simultaneously and release them 6 months apart.

Man... I really wouldn't want to wait that long. I wish they could have pull off a Peter Jackson and flim the next movies simultaneously and release them 6 months apart.
Surely everyone of us would love that.

I don't think David Goyer can write that fast though. Nor Hans Zimmer can compose that fast. Plus it would be a rush job for Snyder. Do we think the 3-4 year gaps was important for the quality of Nolans TDK trilogy? As in gave them enough time to really form and consolidate ideas of where best to take it, y'know what I mean.

If Jl doest happen expect it by 2015.If Jl happens expect it by 2016.

Surely everyone of us would love that.
Oh I know it to be true. :)
I don't think David Goyer can write that fast though. Nor Hans Zimmer can compose that fast. Plus it would be a rush job for Snyder. Do we think the 3-4 year gaps was important for the quality of Nolans TDK trilogy? As in gave them enough time to really form and consolidate ideas of where best to take it, y'know what I mean.
I totally agree. It was pure magic lamp type thinking. Jackson already had the story written for him. However, I'm sure in the 3-4 years it would take for the sequel to hit theaters he could pump out two stories. I trust they've kicked around some ideas... I mean at least... For follow ups. It's not like Goyer and Nolan don't have 75 years worth of stories to help them out. That's just a thought.

It really depends on whether they’ve got a good idea /story to tell. If MOS is really a standalone film and they have never thought about a sequel and having no idea for it, then I would say 3-4 years is required.

Btw, we r talking a sequel! LOL!

I had to post this; Superman and Batman talk about the trailer at their usual cafe:[YT]WeWpCJruFlw[/YT]

Last edited:
I've been reading some of the comments on the trailer, and as a long time Superman fan, I can say this...

There are so many things that make this trailer mesmerizing to audiences. Personally, I've never seen so much excitement over a trailer for a movie. (Although, I don't really pay attention to many trailers, so maybe that's the reason)

In the trailer Henry Cavill is great. He has this boyish quality to his voice, yet it's very deep and manly.

Even though the trailer has lots of action, it raises so many questions that we cannot wait to have answered in June. Like, what happens in the bus scene when the women sees Clark? How does Clark deal with the situation? Why is Clark upset in school? Why is he meditating in the water? Why are they all pointing so many guns at him? Why do they arrest him? What kind of man will this Superman chose to be? We all want to know.

The trailer asks so many questions, even aside form the action. It really draws you in. You instantly like Superman. His voice and the expessions on his face are great. You want to watch his dilema and see how he deals with it.

To me this has always been what makes Superman interesting and not just the action. I would love a movie where he investigates crimes with Lois and then shows up and saves the day. I wouldn't even need super powered aliens to find the story of Superman interesting.

I just hope there is some story. With batman films, there's too much action IMO of course, a lot of people won't agree with that. And Batman has to struggle too much to meet his goals, again IMO. This is probably why I'm a Superman fan.

I don't like to see Superman struggle too much. I like to see him investigate, then win. Action only, wouldn't cause this type of excitement. Just my two cents. I definitely hope there's not more than two years between sequels.

Last edited:
when i saw the hobbit i was into the trailer , i can't say the same for this old man who yelled out superman? like this is what superman has become , a woman said this will only be good because of christoher nolan but she was not too bright she thought the one ring would kill Bilbo baggins if he put it on .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"