The Amazing Spider-Man Marc Webb to return? - Part 1

I did't want to say this, but "Bland User" fits well for Chaster. No fun, everything must be the way you want. If it not, you have to ruin it for others.

Now he will retaliate:

abandon-thread-gif-cats.gif

I would say grow up...then I realized.

the broken promise was the superb moment.

No it wasn't...it was a dumb way to end the movie and it completely uprooted all the deep development that had just occurred for Peter and Gwen. It would be like SM1 ending with him turning around at the gravesite and saying "aww **** it." Or in Kick Ass, Big Daddy walks in at the end and says "I'm alive!" Or, in First Class, Charles gets back up at the end and says "I'm okay!"

That's all fine for the sequel. This movie was ****ish sequel bait beginning to end. How is that a good movie? Some of you cite Marvel movies being ****ish...this was way worse. All of those movies had arcs in the movie for their main character and hints to the Avengers. This movie didn't even have an arc for the main character. What did he learn at the end of the movie? To be there for Aunt May...that's it. He didn't learn about his parents and his past, he didnt catch Ben's killer and learn about revenge, he didn't learn about responsibility and how his actions hurt others as seen by breaking his promise...what terrible writing.

The broken promise was awesome. For those of you who say they've taking courses on writing, and you know who you are, seem pretty thick/dense when it comes to the bitter sweet ending or subtle foreshadowing. Let me guess, you never saw Alfred's dream coming for bruce as part of the ending to TDKR? Tell me you didnt see that coming. There was nothing subtle about that at all. Crappy writing imo.lol in youre opinion TASM has terrible writing but to me it makes sense. Let me illuminate things for you ;-)...They're effin teenagers who lost their family or in gwens case her father. They're alone and tired of lost. In their minds theyre not selfish. They just dont want to be alone in a chaotic world. They have a secret and a bond. Most know, but some dont ;-) But ill tell you anyways SPOILER ALERT!!!!....Pete will pay for that broken promise. You blind oblivious haters. Yay for tasm sequel, cheers mate! Oh and just a reminder, try not to view the movie through a toilet paper roll lol

Last edited:
Perhaps someone saw the ending to Alfred's dream coming true, but did anyone see the ending of John Blake entering the batcave? Probably not.

The broken promise was awesome. For those of you who say they've taking courses on writing, and you know who you are, seem pretty thick/dense when it comes to the bitter sweet ending or subtle foreshadowing. Let me guess, you never saw Alfred's dream coming for bruce as part of the ending to TDKR? Tell me you didnt see that coming.Lol in youre opinion TASM has terrible writing but to me it makes sense. Let me illuminate things for you ;-)...They're effin teenagers who lost their family or in gwens case her father. They're alone and tired of lost. In their minds theyre not selfish. They just dont want to be alone in a chaotic world. They have a secret and a bond. Most know, but some dont ;-) But ill tell you anyways SPOILER ALERT!!!!....Pete will pay for that broken promise. You blind oblivious haters. Yay for tasm sequel, cheers mate! Oh and just a reminder, try not to view the movie through a toilet paper roll lol

Thank you :up:

Perhaps someone saw the ending to Alfred's dream coming true, but did anyone see the ending of John Blake entering the batcave? Probably not.
ok whos talking about that? Lol that was wack by the way.

The broken promise was awesome. For those of you who say they've taking courses on writing, and you know who you are, seem pretty thick/dense when it comes to the bitter sweet ending or subtle foreshadowing. Let me guess, you never saw Alfred's dream coming for bruce as part of the ending to TDKR? Tell me you didnt see that coming. There was nothing subtle about that at all. Crappy writing imo.lol in youre opinion TASM has terrible writing but to me it makes sense. Let me illuminate things for you ;-)...They're effin teenagers who lost their family or in gwens case her father. They're alone and tired of lost. In their minds theyre not selfish. They just dont want to be alone in a chaotic world. They have a secret and a bond. Most know, but some dont ;-) But ill tell you anyways SPOILER ALERT!!!!....Pete will pay for that broken promise. You blind oblivious haters. Yay for tasm sequel, cheers mate! Oh and just a reminder, try not to view the movie through a toilet paper roll lol
Haha how was that subtle? It ended the movie and upended what just happened. It had no build up.

I also love your TDKR example....because it was inclusive to that movie's character arcs. It would have been WTF if Alfred's dream wasn't in the movie. Had it ended like that without the setup, then it would have been stupid. Everyone would have thrown popcorn at the screen. TDKR had setup to the ending. No where in ASM was there a setup for that. After Alfred's dream and seeing it at the end of the movie, you knew you would see Bruce. You didn't know until that scene because of the call back to the setup earlier in the movie. That is good writing. In ASM, you have TDKR's ending without the setup. That is poor writing.

Look at it through non fanboy eyes. You know Gwen dies. How is that good writing? You have these painful heartfelt scenes of a death and a break up and then a minute later they are teehee'ing teenagers. That is not 'awesome'.

Last edited:
Haha how was that subtle? It ended the movie and upended what just happened. It had no build up.

I also love your TDKR example....because it was inclusive to that movie's character arcs. It would have been WTF if Alfred's dream wasn't in the movie. Had it ended like that without the setup, then it would have been stupid. Everyone would have thrown popcorn at the screen. TDKR had setup to the ending. No where in ASM was there a setup for that.

Look at it through non fanboy eyes. You know Gwen dies. How is that good writing? You have these painful heartfelt scenes of a death and a break up and then a minute later they are teehee'ing teenagers. That is not 'awesome'.
what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited:
That's what people usually do when they have no retort.

That's what people usually do when they have no retort.
no you made no sense and im tired of going over the same thing. My response fit the circumstances. Oh and they're was a nice setup in asm. Organic eggs? Beautiful heartfelt scene imo. I say good day sir!

ok whos talking about that? Lol that was wack by the way.

"Wack"? Passing the mantle unto someone worthy enough to be Batman, which is what Nolan's trilogy was all about(Batman being a symbol and Batman being anyone) is wack? At least it didn't go left field and showing the final act being Peter keeping Captain Stacy's promise until the very end! :cwink:

"Wack"? Passing the mantle unto someone worthy enough to be Batman, which is what Nolan's trilogy was all about(Batman being a symbol and Batman being anyone) is wack? At least it didn't go left field and showing the final act being Peter keeping Captain Stacy's promise until the very end! :cwink:
no wack because of john blakes real name. Wack for him having no kind of training and taking the mantle. Wack because the whole damn movie didnt really have batman in it. Wack because of bane going out like a bitc#. Wack for having no mentioning of the joker but harvey dent. Wack for seeing every thing coming a mile away. Heres looking at u miranda tate.Wack my friend pretty wack.

Last edited:
no wack because of john blakes real name.

John Blake was still in his name, only Robin was his real first name(Robin John Blake). And a lot of people stop using their first name as well as it probably makes Blake remember his parents. Don't see how that's wack.

Wack for him having no kind of training and taking the mantle.

Because cops have no training whatsoever. They're just slugs with guns. Plus, if you want to be technical, Ra's al Ghul himself said training is nothing, will is everything :up:

Wack because the whole damn movie didnt really have batman in it.

So you blame the movie for making it all about Bruce Wayne again? Now THAT'S wack.

Wack because of bane going out like a bitc#.

Deaths are rather anti-climatic in Nolan's trilogy, but that doesn't take away from what Bane meant in TDKR.

Wack for having no mentioning if the joker but harvey dent.Wack my friend pretty wack.

Yah, how wack it is that Christopher Nolan didn't want to mention Joker because of Ledger's death. Wack my friend, pretty wack indeed! :whatever:

Looks like you added something new...

Wack for seeing every thing coming a mile away. Heres looking at u miranda tate.

How much should we bet that you only knew this because you were aware of it from the forums?

John Blake was still in his name, only Robin was his real first name(Robin John Blake). And a lot of people stop using their first name as well as it probably makes Blake remember his parents. Don't see how that's wack.

Because cops have no training whatsoever. They're just slugs with guns. Plus, if you want to be technical, Ra's al Ghul himself said training is nothing, will is everything :up:

So you blame the movie for making it all about Bruce Wayne again? Now THAT'S wack.

Deaths are rather anti-climatic in Nolan's trilogy, but that doesn't take away from what Bane meant in TDKR.

Yah, how wack it is that Christopher Nolan didn't want to mention Joker because of Ledger's death. Wack my friend, pretty wack indeed! :whatever:

Looks like you added something new...

How much should we bet that you only knew this because you were aware of it from the forums?
lol i struck a nerve. honest truth. I stayed away from spoilers like i did with tdk. Im just a batman fan. I mentioned less batman, because if you were a fan you know that batman is who bruce truly is. Even in his thoughts. Lol oh i forgot you dont understand subtle like half of tasm movie. Let me make it obvious like alfred in tdkr ;-). Not enough "batman/bruce wayne!" Robin blake had police training. But not like bruce. Oh isnt an atomic bomb suppose to cause more damage then what it did in tdkr. I know that water has to be polluted. Lol

lol i struck a nerve. honest truth. I stayed away from spoilers like i did with tdk. Im just a batman fan. I mentioned less batman, because if you were a fan you know that batman is who bruce truly is. Even in his thoughts. Lol oh i forgot you dont understand subtle like half of tasm movie. Let me make it obvious like alfred in tdkr ;-). Not enough "batman/bruce wayne!"

In Nolan's trilogy, Batman isn't who Bruce Wayne is. If you don't get that out of Nolan's trilogy, then no wonder you don't understand why Batman isn't shown that much in TDKR :cwink:

It was three films and you didn't get that. I'm sorry :woot:

Robin blake had police training. But not like bruce.

So you wanted Robin to have the same training as Bruce such as being trained by the League of Shadows? You only view someone taking the mantle of Batman having been trained by the LoS and no one else? Makes sense....

Oh isnt an atomic bomb suppose to cause more damage then what it did in tdkr. I know that water has to be polluted. Lol

A six mile radius explosion is what we see and what we know what the bomb would create. It could have very well populated the water, but it's never shown. You're nitpicking over something that's not really discussed but yet it's still made more sense then whatever Connors was trying to do, giggity.

no you made no sense and im tired of going over the same thing. My response fit the circumstances. Oh and they're was a nice setup in asm. Organic eggs? Beautiful heartfelt scene imo. I say good day sir!

No I made sense. You thought it was an awesome scene. Your analogy to compare how it was good was TDKR's ending.

I then point out how TDKR's end had a setup earlier in the movie and ASM didn't. You only liked it because of her comic fate, negating any evidence you had that it wasn't bad writing. Your reply...an Adam Sandler quote. Noice.

All that matters to me is my opinion. Love tasm batman begins and the dark knight. Thought tdkr was a letdown. Ill just leave it at that, because we are just going in circles.

And I definitely feel like TAS-M is a huge letdown that is only better than Spider-Man 3, but I have hope that mistakes are fixed with the sequel. But, still, you should at least understand what TDKR is about though before you toss around your opinions such as the fact that Nolan didn't make Batman the real face of Bruce Wayne. Batman is a symbol that was only started by Wayne.

And I definitely feel like TAS-M is a huge letdown that is only better than Spider-Man 3, but I have hope that mistakes are fixed with the sequel. But, still, you should at least understand what TDKR is about though before you toss around your opinions such as the fact that Nolan didn't make Batman the real face of Bruce Wayne. Batman is a symbol that was only started by Wayne.
so the whole bruce was the mask and batman was his true face speech at the end of batman begins is just thrown away now.

Seriously? That stuck out like a goddamn sore thumb. A crap load of people knew from the moment JGL had been cast

Seriously? That stuck out like a goddamn sore thumb. A crap load of people knew from the moment JGL had been cast

Truth. My 9 year old sister asked "is that Robin?" halfway through the movie. Sorry bros, it was a little obvious.

so the whole bruce was the mask and batman was his true face speech at the end of batman begins is just thrown away now.

I'm with Mike on both of these points. It also helps that he seems far more reasonable in his posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"